Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best place to sit in ground. 10:24 - Sep 21 with 3133 viewsjackrmee

So I'm finally able to purchase my own season ticket, so have a couple of questions.

I always loved the North Bank as a kid and the only place that gives me anywhere near that feeling in The Liberty is the NE corner.

I have been trying out all stands and am really torn between three spots (now reduced to 2, as there are no seats left in one).

1) East - Half way line, back.
I like this position, as it has a very good view of the field of play. Not too far from the singing, but maybe a little too far from the pitch.
2) East - NE corner.
I like this because it's near the away fans, the atmosphere is better and it gives me a buzz from when I was younger. View isn't the best though and can't see passages of play very well, although close to our goal chances for one half.
3) West - right behind dugout.
Now I wasn't too keen on this position when I first sat here, as it's quite low so you can't see the play very well, plus theres little or no singing, but I absolutely loved being able to hear what everyone was saying on the benches and being close to that action. (unfortunately, there's no ST left which are close enough the dugout for me, so this option is gone for this year).

My questions are...

a) Can you swap seats once you've purchased the ST if you don't like where you are?
b) Are there any pros or cons that you guys think I should consider before choosing one of these areas?

Thanks in advance :)

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Best place to sit in ground. on 10:29 - Sep 21 with 2706 viewsAguycalledJack

Sounds to me like you want the buzz of the old north bank. If I were you I’d get over to the east.
Best place to sit in ground. on 10:31 - Sep 21 with 2698 viewsandrew

EU 2-4 is the best

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Best place to sit in ground. on 18:11 - Sep 21 with 2469 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No problem swapping seats if you are a season ticket holder. I changed mine this season. Might be a problem if we get back into the PL as there will be high demand for seats. As a current season ticket holder you will have first choice.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Best place to sit in ground. on 18:19 - Sep 21 with 2455 viewsWxmJax

You don't get the sun in the west so it's always bleedin' cold (and there's some odd characters there as well).

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Best place to sit in ground. on 18:55 - Sep 21 with 2429 viewsdonnybackspin

Good Banter in the West by the away fans but as someone else said, it's always cold.
Theres more room in the concourse and you can get champagne and strawberries😁
Best place to sit in ground. on 19:45 - Sep 21 with 2362 viewsPegojack

I chose my seat position in the East when the Liberty first opened snd still love it.
Just a bit before the half way line on the south side, two thirds to three quarters of the way back (row S).
Great view of the action, warm in the sun, sheltered in the rain.
Best place to sit in ground. on 19:46 - Sep 21 with 2352 viewsDr_Winston

Been in the middle of the second tier of the East since the stadium opened and not regretted that choice for a second.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Best place to sit in ground. on 20:24 - Sep 21 with 2275 viewsAndy1300

East upper towards the north stand, great atmosphere, we make it, and close to away fans

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Best place to sit in ground. on 20:36 - Sep 21 with 2253 viewsPacemaker

I moved around the stadium for a year when we first moved, trying to find the best seat, didn’t really feel it in the West, kept on going back to east upper, couldn't do ASBO corner, but been in EU9 row O after that first year. It gives a great view, still enough of an edge but no standing ( which suits me with a dodgy knee and back) great group of people around us who have become friends after all these years.

Loads of people have moved into our spot over the years, some are a benefit some talk crap but it adds to the atmosphere.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Best place to sit in ground. on 20:48 - Sep 21 with 2233 viewsGaryjack

Best place to sit in ground. on 20:36 - Sep 21 by Pacemaker

I moved around the stadium for a year when we first moved, trying to find the best seat, didn’t really feel it in the West, kept on going back to east upper, couldn't do ASBO corner, but been in EU9 row O after that first year. It gives a great view, still enough of an edge but no standing ( which suits me with a dodgy knee and back) great group of people around us who have become friends after all these years.

Loads of people have moved into our spot over the years, some are a benefit some talk crap but it adds to the atmosphere.

ASBO corner? What a disgraceful thing too say! If you didn't like sitting there fine, but no need to insult the fans that do. Poor show matey.
Best place to sit in ground. on 20:51 - Sep 21 with 2209 viewsdickythorpe

North East upper
Best place to sit in ground. on 21:27 - Sep 21 with 2170 viewsLeonWasGod

Another vote for NE upper if you want a bit of atmosphere. The view's good from everywhere in the ground, so no issues there. NE is a bit more alive.
Best place to sit in ground. on 21:32 - Sep 21 with 2161 viewsAndy1300

Best place to sit in ground. on 20:48 - Sep 21 by Garyjack

ASBO corner? What a disgraceful thing too say! If you didn't like sitting there fine, but no need to insult the fans that do. Poor show matey.

That’s what me and the lads around me call it and we sit there, well, we only sit before the game and at half time

Number 1 team in Wales

Best place to sit in ground. on 21:33 - Sep 21 with 2154 viewsGaryjack

Best place to sit in ground. on 21:27 - Sep 21 by LeonWasGod

Another vote for NE upper if you want a bit of atmosphere. The view's good from everywhere in the ground, so no issues there. NE is a bit more alive.

Didn't have you down as being on an ASBO!
Best place to sit in ground. on 23:06 - Sep 21 with 2084 viewsTNT

Agree.

Wash your mouth out son.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Best place to sit in ground. on 23:16 - Sep 21 with 2063 viewslifelong

Despite what some people say about the West Stand on here I really enjoy it there.
Best place to sit in ground. on 00:21 - Sep 22 with 2014 viewsGlyn1

More information please. If you could sit anywhere in the ground, where would you select?

I'm not a season ticket holder but personally I always choose the West because I can study the game without all of those stupid anti-Cardiff chants (when we're playing English clubs - sheesh, keep it in the family lads).

So, where would you want to sit if you could?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Best place to sit in ground. on 08:26 - Sep 22 with 1925 viewsPacemaker

I have lots of friends in that corner and that’s what they call it, it’s a badge of honour I suppose. Anyway if you don’t like it you probably shouldnt be there....snowflake 😇

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Best place to sit in ground. on 08:32 - Sep 22 with 1915 viewsJFSwan

I thought the ASBO stand was a play on words from when it was sponsored as the Asda east stand
Best place to sit in ground. on 11:30 - Sep 22 with 1844 viewspencoedjack

We were in the NE upper since the stadium but this season moved to the East ( between 18 yard half way ones)

Much better perspective of the game in the new seats.
Best place to sit in ground. on 12:03 - Sep 22 with 1824 viewsAguycalledJack

Best place to sit in ground. on 23:16 - Sep 21 by lifelong

Despite what some people say about the West Stand on here I really enjoy it there.

I’m in the upper west and enjoy it. We are above an entrance tunnel so no obscured views of the game.
Best place to sit in ground. on 12:14 - Sep 22 with 1812 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Best place to sit in ground. on 12:03 - Sep 22 by AguycalledJack

I’m in the upper west and enjoy it. We are above an entrance tunnel so no obscured views of the game.

We're in the east above the entrance tunnel just south of half way. Perfect view.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Best place to sit in ground. on 18:37 - Sep 22 with 1711 viewsSTID2017

Sent you a PM

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Best place to sit in ground. on 19:18 - Sep 22 with 1690 viewssainthelens

We got ours NE upper 2/3 yards behind goal line. Really happy with them. Not right next to the drummer either.
Best place to sit in ground. on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 1568 viewsjackrmee

Best place to sit in ground. on 11:30 - Sep 22 by pencoedjack

We were in the NE upper since the stadium but this season moved to the East ( between 18 yard half way ones)

Much better perspective of the game in the new seats.

That's what I'm thinking.
I have been to some games on the half way line East, up the back and can really see the passages of play all over the pitch.

I'm kind of torn between being in amongst it in NE corner, or appreciating the play properly.

My ASBO has just about expired now and we may be getting back to playing the type of football which needs the best viewing position. Still not completely convinced though.

Maybe I'm making a meal out of this, but it feels like a massive decision haha. Maybe I'll try ASBO corner first and if the view isn't what I want it to be, I'll change.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024