Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to prove how poor public transport is 15:18 - Sep 21 with 1425 viewsdickythorpe

From Discover on Google https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tfw-swansea-cardiff-abandoned-girl
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 17:26 - Sep 21 with 1353 viewsFireboy2

Thats fvcking unbelievable and disgraceful that not one person would help her.

I would never ever let my 12 year old do that but nevertheless how no one helped her beggars belief.
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 21:18 - Sep 21 with 1238 viewsLeonWasGod

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 17:26 - Sep 21 by Fireboy2

I would never ever let my 12 year old do that but nevertheless how no one helped her beggars belief.

Same here, I wouldn't pack my 11 (nearly 12 year old) off on his own, but that's beside the point. You should be able to and it'd be nice if people were around/willing to help when it inevitably goes wrong.

I've mentioned this before, but we went interrailing this summer and nearly 3 weeks of travelling around Europe the only place it went all to crap was in the UK. Early Days for Transport for Wales, but they've got hell of a challenge ahead of them if they're going to run a top class service.
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 21:27 - Sep 21 with 1228 viewsCatullus

I haven't got the words......those staff all deserve a good ass kicking. If I'd been at the station I would have tried to help as a concerned father/human being. Lucky nothing happened to her.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 23:50 - Sep 21 with 1186 viewscontroversial_jack

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 17:26 - Sep 21 by Fireboy2

We used to go on public transport by ourselves at that age.I stayed with my Aunt in London and used to travel all over the City by tube when i was 12 and nobody thought anything of it and I never got lost once. It was in 1969 but that's besides the point.

Transport for Wales are worse than Arriva in many ways and has a long way to go
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 08:52 - Sep 22 with 1117 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 21:27 - Sep 21 by Catullus

I haven't got the words......those staff all deserve a good ass kicking. If I'd been at the station I would have tried to help as a concerned father/human being. Lucky nothing happened to her.

I’m also struggling with the mindset of the station staff here. Even if you’re going off duty (I’m presuming this role had no afternoon shift) then surely it wouldn’t have hurt to stay on for half an hour to make sure this youngster had the right advice on the next train etc etc?

It would be even better if the rail service was of the same standards as the best routes of the uk including electrification of the whole system, safe waiting areas, a knowledgeable and helpful staff member attending and an increase in services.

I was in France a few years ago and was catching a 5.20 am train from a tiny provincial town in the middle of nowhere , expecting a sprinter like service when a sleeper from Lyon to L’Orient turned up. It was about 20 carriages long and was full. You can’t catch trains in the middle of the night here! Imagine the scope for cheaper travel by using these night services! The current privatised services aren’t meant to serve but to make profit. It’s sh*t and if we were in any way sincere about climate change and the need to get as much traffic off the roads as possible we need to completely change our railways’ aims and objectives.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 10:08 - Sep 22 with 1082 viewscontroversial_jack

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 08:52 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m also struggling with the mindset of the station staff here. Even if you’re going off duty (I’m presuming this role had no afternoon shift) then surely it wouldn’t have hurt to stay on for half an hour to make sure this youngster had the right advice on the next train etc etc?

It would be even better if the rail service was of the same standards as the best routes of the uk including electrification of the whole system, safe waiting areas, a knowledgeable and helpful staff member attending and an increase in services.

I was in France a few years ago and was catching a 5.20 am train from a tiny provincial town in the middle of nowhere , expecting a sprinter like service when a sleeper from Lyon to L’Orient turned up. It was about 20 carriages long and was full. You can’t catch trains in the middle of the night here! Imagine the scope for cheaper travel by using these night services! The current privatised services aren’t meant to serve but to make profit. It’s sh*t and if we were in any way sincere about climate change and the need to get as much traffic off the roads as possible we need to completely change our railways’ aims and objectives.

Can't fault that, but railways are extremely expensive to build and maintain No private company is going to or can invest the money needed.
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 1044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 10:08 - Sep 22 by controversial_jack

Can't fault that, but railways are extremely expensive to build and maintain No private company is going to or can invest the money needed.

Exactly. Re nationalize and properly fund them. Abolish the money pit that is HS2 and spread that investment throughout the network.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 09:01 - Sep 23 with 913 viewspikeypaul

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 23:50 - Sep 21 by controversial_jack

We used to go on public transport by ourselves at that age.I stayed with my Aunt in London and used to travel all over the City by tube when i was 12 and nobody thought anything of it and I never got lost once. It was in 1969 but that's besides the point.

your parents should have been done for neglect,letting a 12 year old wonder around london 200 miles away from home is disgusting.

No wonder youve turned out the way you have.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 9:04]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 09:09 - Sep 23 with 901 viewsDarran

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 23:50 - Sep 21 by controversial_jack

@_DHOTYA

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 10:35 - Sep 30 with 717 viewscontroversial_jack

Just to prove how poor public transport is on 09:01 - Sep 23 by pikeypaul

your parents should have been done for neglect,letting a 12 year old wonder around london 200 miles away from home is disgusting.

No wonder youve turned out the way you have.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 9:04]

It was the norm years ago, That's why I have turned out to be an independent free thinker and you have not.
Just to prove how poor public transport is on 20:04 - Oct 1 with 601 viewsjack2jack

Shocking that, just a sad reflection on the way things are going.
There's an element in this country that just don't give a fvck.😞
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024