Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 games in 10:01 - Sep 22 with 1179 viewsblackpooljack

And we've played all the other teams in the top 6. If we can keep up this standard of play we should get a healthy points advantage to keep us where we are.
8 games in on 10:03 - Sep 22 with 1163 viewsjacks777

It’s a good start, but that’s all it is. A good start.
8 games in on 10:21 - Sep 22 with 1123 viewsBrynmill_Jack

After Leeds we seem to have hit a creativity brick wall.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

8 games in on 10:22 - Sep 22 with 1121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8 games in on 10:21 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry, after Birmingham we seemed to have hit a creativity wall.

8 games in on 10:28 - Sep 22 with 1097 viewsthornabyswan

8 games in on 10:22 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Sorry, after Birmingham we seemed to have hit a creativity wall.

Not enough pace and the midfield is still a bit lightweight for me.

Need to stay in contention till January then hopefully bring 1 or 2 in.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

8 games in on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 1090 viewsPozuelosSideys

Its quite funny. A couple of weeks ago we were awesome and going to win the league at a canter. A standard, post international break performance, and a solid draw at Bristol City, keeping a clean sheet at a ground we have only ever won 6 times at and its doom and gloom and we have zero creativity and we suck blah blah.

Come on people. We are a very good side at this level, and injuries permitting, we will dick a lot of teams. We have yet to concede from a set piece and are extremely difficult to break down. Teams will struggle with us more and more the longer the season goes on. We should be looking forward to every game this season imo. It will be a good one.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:32]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

8 games in on 10:35 - Sep 22 with 1069 views34dfgdf54

8 games in on 10:28 - Sep 22 by thornabyswan

Not enough pace and the midfield is still a bit lightweight for me.

Need to stay in contention till January then hopefully bring 1 or 2 in.

The midfield has been the problem since the last few years in Premier League, we have had plenty of windows to sort it but have failed in doing so, mainly due to financial constraints probably.

Still been a cracking start to the season however and we look a lot tougher under Cooper. Midfield will be the reason we eventually fall away.
8 games in on 10:37 - Sep 22 with 1060 viewsNotLoyal

8 games in on 10:35 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

The midfield has been the problem since the last few years in Premier League, we have had plenty of windows to sort it but have failed in doing so, mainly due to financial constraints probably.

Still been a cracking start to the season however and we look a lot tougher under Cooper. Midfield will be the reason we eventually fall away.

I think our midfield is much stronger and prepared for the long haul, time will tell though, only thing that concerns me is pace.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

8 games in on 10:39 - Sep 22 with 1045 viewsthornabyswan

8 games in on 10:35 - Sep 22 by 34dfgdf54

We need a Bodde Pratley or a Leon in there.

Not easy to find but they are there.

Robbie James was another level up again won't find another one like him.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

8 games in on 10:45 - Sep 22 with 1026 viewsDr_Winston

8 games in on 10:31 - Sep 22 by PozuelosSideys

Its quite funny. A couple of weeks ago we were awesome and going to win the league at a canter. A standard, post international break performance, and a solid draw at Bristol City, keeping a clean sheet at a ground we have only ever won 6 times at and its doom and gloom and we have zero creativity and we suck blah blah.

Come on people. We are a very good side at this level, and injuries permitting, we will dick a lot of teams. We have yet to concede from a set piece and are extremely difficult to break down. Teams will struggle with us more and more the longer the season goes on. We should be looking forward to every game this season imo. It will be a good one.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:32]

We are a good side. To be second given the run of games we've had is excellent, and bodes well for when we're going to hit some kinder fixtures. That being said, there's nothing wrong with identifying areas for improvement, of which midfield is one.

Think we eventually need to be seeing more of Peterson, Kalulu and Garrick too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

8 games in on 10:55 - Sep 22 with 998 views34dfgdf54

8 games in on 10:37 - Sep 22 by NotLoyal

I think our midfield is much stronger and prepared for the long haul, time will tell though, only thing that concerns me is pace.

Not for me. I like Fulton, good little squad player but we need an upgrade if we want to be competing at the top for a 46 game season.

The talk of Ryan Woods has been done to the death but I’m convinced his career would be looking a lot different now with us rather than Stoke if we had the resources to get the deal done at the time.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 10:56]
8 games in on 11:43 - Sep 22 with 915 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8 games in on 10:45 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

We are a good side. To be second given the run of games we've had is excellent, and bodes well for when we're going to hit some kinder fixtures. That being said, there's nothing wrong with identifying areas for improvement, of which midfield is one.

Garrick coming off the bench to run at a tiring defence- that would have been extremely interesting to watch yesterday.

8 games in on 12:32 - Sep 22 with 853 viewsOptimisticJack

4 clean sheets in 8 is an impressive statistic so far this season.
A solid foundation to build on

Optimisticjack

8 games in on 13:19 - Sep 22 with 808 viewsswan_si

8 games in on 10:37 - Sep 22 by NotLoyal

Down arrowed you accidentally, sorry.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 13:19]
8 games in on 13:30 - Sep 22 with 780 viewsPozuelosSideys

8 games in on 10:45 - Sep 22 by Dr_Winston

Yep. But from a starting point, i think this squad is better than the one Rodgers inherited. We were hugely reliant on Sinclair until he fluked moving Dobbie into the hole. We never had any quality strikers either until Borini came in. We have much better optionality across the squad this time.

That said, i much prefer Celina in the 10 role and we need to look at who to play on the left. From what ive seen, Peterson looks like an Arnautovic type wide player. Skillfull, can beat a player but doesnt have that much pace. Kalulu certainly does and am looking forward to seeing more. Garrick may cause a headache for Cooper as he may need to look ar moving Ayew into another role if Garricks performances continue to be good when he gets his chances.

I like what he is doing tho. We dont look flaky. Something will click going forward soon too. Just need the right pegs in the right holes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

8 games in on 06:41 - Sep 23 with 618 viewsBrynmill_Jack

8 games in on 13:30 - Sep 22 by PozuelosSideys

Yep. But from a starting point, i think this squad is better than the one Rodgers inherited. We were hugely reliant on Sinclair until he fluked moving Dobbie into the hole. We never had any quality strikers either until Borini came in. We have much better optionality across the squad this time.

That said, i much prefer Celina in the 10 role and we need to look at who to play on the left. From what ive seen, Peterson looks like an Arnautovic type wide player. Skillfull, can beat a player but doesnt have that much pace. Kalulu certainly does and am looking forward to seeing more. Garrick may cause a headache for Cooper as he may need to look ar moving Ayew into another role if Garricks performances continue to be good when he gets his chances.

I like what he is doing tho. We dont look flaky. Something will click going forward soon too. Just need the right pegs in the right holes.

Celina has look far more dangerous on the left at the moment. He didn’t carry much threat against Forest.

8 games in on 08:05 - Sep 23 with 560 views1964white

8 games in on 10:21 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Hang on mate you played well & got a fantastic result at Leeds but the Swans created only one chance. Defensively you were very sound, there wasn't much going forward
8 games in on 08:08 - Sep 23 with 555 views34dfgdf54

8 games in on 08:05 - Sep 23 by 1964white

Hang on mate you played well & got a fantastic result at Leeds but the Swans created only one chance. Defensively you were very sound, there wasn't much going forward

He corrected his post straight away on first reply.
8 games in on 08:25 - Sep 23 with 547 views1964white

8 games in on 08:08 - Sep 23 by 34dfgdf54

He corrected his post straight away on first reply.

Fair enough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024