Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prorogation 10:44 - Sep 24 with 12910 viewswaynekerr55

Illegal. Will Boris resign?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Prorogation on 10:56 - Sep 24 with 3263 viewsLeonWasGod

Nah. He ain't got no shame. This will be spun as a bitter blow for democracy and sovereignty - enemies of the people, blah, blah, blah. And on we go.
Prorogation on 11:02 - Sep 24 with 3252 viewsunion_jack

I’m obviously mistaken but I thought that Parliament is in recess at the moment (not prorogued) due to it being party conference season. Why then are they talking about parliament being recalled immediately?

Great result by the way.

Lady Hale for Strictly😄 (Not that I watch it).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Prorogation on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 3242 viewsexiledclaseboy

Prorogation on 11:02 - Sep 24 by union_jack

I’m obviously mistaken but I thought that Parliament is in recess at the moment (not prorogued) due to it being party conference season. Why then are they talking about parliament being recalled immediately?

Great result by the way.

Lady Hale for Strictly😄 (Not that I watch it).

Parliament was prorogued before it could vote on whether to go into recess.

Poll: Tory leader

Prorogation on 11:25 - Sep 24 with 3191 viewslonglostjack

So he’s basically broken the law, lied to Queenie and treated Parliament with contempt. Not to mention defrauding the taxpayer to keep his lap dancing bit on the side sweet. He has to resign.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Prorogation on 11:28 - Sep 24 with 3179 viewsexiledclaseboy

If this isn’t a resignation issue there are literally no limits to what this or future prime ministers can get away with without having to reign. This should be a line in the sand.

Prorogation on 11:37 - Sep 24 with 3147 viewsPegojack

Prorogation on 11:25 - Sep 24 by longlostjack

So he’s basically broken the law, lied to Queenie and treated Parliament with contempt. Not to mention defrauding the taxpayer to keep his lap dancing bit on the side sweet. He has to resign.

He wouldn't resign if he was caught red handed raping his grannie. He has literally no morals and only one objective, the aggrandisement of Boris Johnson.
Prorogation on 11:38 - Sep 24 with 3144 viewsGlyn1

The judges unanimously ruled that the action itself to close Parliament for 5 weeks was illegal. But they didn't say anything about whether Johnson lied or not - people can do illegal actions through misunderstanding the law.

No doubt Parliament is recalled next week and the Tory party conference is cancelled or reduced in scope.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 11:39]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Prorogation on 11:49 - Sep 24 with 3109 viewshobo

It's not about resigning or not. If he;s broken the law then surely he should be arrested? After which his position will become untenable
Login to get fewer ads

Prorogation on 11:56 - Sep 24 with 3094 viewsGlyn1

It was the government that broke the law - no ruling on whether the PM did. Companies break the laws all the time, e.g. Google.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Prorogation on 12:07 - Sep 24 with 3069 viewsexiledclaseboy

Prorogation on 11:56 - Sep 24 by Glyn1

It was the government that broke the law - no ruling on whether the PM did. Companies break the laws all the time, e.g. Google.

That’s wrong. Prorogation happens on the advice of the PM, not the government. The cabinet and thus the rest of the government wasn’t informed until after advice and the request to prorogue had been made to the queen.

Prorogation on 12:08 - Sep 24 with 3067 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 11:56 - Sep 24 by Glyn1

Yeah, that’s a total misunderstanding of how serious a matter this is.
Prorogation on 12:17 - Sep 24 with 3036 viewsHighjack

Good, now get back to the House of Commons and sort this out.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prorogation on 12:20 - Sep 24 with 3029 viewsLuther27

Prorogation on 11:25 - Sep 24 by longlostjack

Nothing new for any politician there. In fact most of them should only now be freed from prison regarding the expenses scandal.
Prorogation on 12:47 - Sep 24 with 2960 viewsLeonWasGod

Prorogation on 11:38 - Sep 24 by Glyn1

The judges unanimously ruled that the action itself to close Parliament for 5 weeks was illegal. But they didn't say anything about whether Johnson lied or not - people can do illegal actions through misunderstanding the law.

No doubt Parliament is recalled next week and the Tory party conference is cancelled or reduced in scope.

It's wasn't their job to call him out as a liar or not; it was solely to rule on whether the suspension of parliament was illegal under UK law.

Of course he's a liar. We don't need judges to tell us that as the evidence is on tape every day. This wasn't a misunderstanding - it's obvious what he was trying to do.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 12:51]
Prorogation on 13:53 - Sep 24 with 2823 viewswaynekerr55

Prorogation on 11:38 - Sep 24 by Glyn1

"misunderstanding the law"

Not knowing the law is not a defence - Sirjohnalot can confirm if I'm correct? (PS - cheque for advice en route )

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Prorogation on 14:00 - Sep 24 with 2806 viewssherpajacob

Davies the tw@t. MP for Monmouth, saying he stands by the PM who is simply trying everything to deliver Brexit.

Anybody else see why that's not the most helpful thing for him to say at this time?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Prorogation on 14:01 - Sep 24 with 2799 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 14:00 - Sep 24 by sherpajacob

Davies the tw@t. MP for Monmouth, saying he stands by the PM who is simply trying everything to deliver Brexit.

Anybody else see why that's not the most helpful thing for him to say at this time?

Lol.

Johnson made the same mistake in his interview.

Saying people are trying to frustrate Brexit when he earlier said it was nothing to do with Brexit.

Hmm.
Prorogation on 14:07 - Sep 24 with 2780 viewsHighjack

Prorogation on 13:53 - Sep 24 by waynekerr55

"misunderstanding the law"

Not knowing the law is not a defence - Sirjohnalot can confirm if I'm correct? (PS - cheque for advice en route )

It’s not a defence no. And it shouldn’t even be considered when they’ve got round the clock access to all the legal advice in the country.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prorogation on 14:13 - Sep 24 with 2760 viewsBrynCartwright

Listen to this absolute plum..

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Prorogation on 14:16 - Sep 24 with 2744 viewssherpajacob

Prorogation on 14:13 - Sep 24 by BrynCartwright

Its wrong to say all leave voters are stupid, but ………..

Prorogation on 14:18 - Sep 24 with 2738 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:01 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Johnson made the same mistake in his interview.

Saying people are trying to frustrate Brexit when he earlier said it was nothing to do with Brexit.

Hmm.

Without a written constitution that sets these things out in black and white then I don’t understand what ‘law’ it is he’s supposed to have broken? Riding roughshod over ‘custom and practice’ isn’t to commit a ‘crime.’

I’m writing this before I’ve had the chance to read the court’s findings, mind.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Prorogation on 14:20 - Sep 24 with 2733 viewssherpajacob

The killer section from Lady Hale,
The government was unwilling to put any evidence before the court regarding the prorogation. We know the reason why, Perjury is quite a serious offence. So many serious issues regarding this case, but one that will be overlooked, the sheer incompetence of the government in bringing the appeal and then providing no evidence to support their own case.

"No justification for taking action with such an extreme effect has been put before the court. The only evidence of why it was taken is the memorandum from Nikki da Costa of 15th August. This explains why holding the Queen's Speech to open a new session of Parliament on 14th October would be desirable. It does not explain why it was necessary to bring Parliamentary business to a halt for five weeks before that, when the normal period necessary to prepare for the Queen's Speech is four to six days."

Prorogation on 14:21 - Sep 24 with 2729 viewssherpajacob

Prorogation on 14:13 - Sep 24 by BrynCartwright

what's Bluey doing in Stoke?

Prorogation on 14:23 - Sep 24 with 2715 viewsLohengrin

Prorogation on 14:16 - Sep 24 by sherpajacob

Its wrong to say all leave voters are stupid, but ………..

FFS! He’s handicapped, Sherp.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Prorogation on 14:24 - Sep 24 with 2714 viewslondonlisa2001

Prorogation on 14:18 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

Without a written constitution that sets these things out in black and white then I don’t understand what ‘law’ it is he’s supposed to have broken? Riding roughshod over ‘custom and practice’ isn’t to commit a ‘crime.’

I’m writing this before I’ve had the chance to read the court’s findings, mind.

I’d advise you read the ruling before speculating. They genuinely have written a judgement which is beautifully simple and easy to follow. In fact, on reading it, it’s pretty clear they couldn’t possibly have found in any other way. Which, I guess, is why, contrary to every single forecast from either side, they’ve were unanimous.

The absence of a written constitution isn’t relevant, however. Our constitution still exists. And, as such, acts can be unconstitutional. And, indeed, unlawful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024