Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? 21:51 - Sep 24 with 5685 viewsDarran

What has changed?

Answer below please.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:42 - Sep 24 with 1363 viewsDarran

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:39 - Sep 24 by londonlisa2001

That’s clearly a bunch of bollox.

There is talk about climate change on here pretty frequently now, that’s the impact she’s had.

Nah it’s just a load of hypocrite admitting they haven’t been and aren’t doing their bit to save mankind.

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:45 - Sep 24 with 1356 viewslondonlisa2001

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:42 - Sep 24 by Darran

Nah it’s just a load of hypocrite admitting they haven’t been and aren’t doing their bit to save mankind.

Yeah, you’re talking bollox.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 05:47 - Sep 25 with 1305 viewsphact0rri

Yet here you are talking about climate change...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 08:38 - Sep 25 with 1262 viewsNeath_Jack

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 22:11 - Sep 24 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. I now know who she is. You’re pretty thick aren’t you if you think what she’s doing is aimed squarely ar the likes of me and you. She must have woken up the other day and though “I know, I’ll nip to the UN climate change conference this week to see if I can get Darran from Planet Swans to buy a bag for life”

You fecking halfwit.

That’s grossly unfair, to halfwits.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 10:41 - Sep 25 with 1230 viewspembsjack

When she first started making an impact I was quite impressed with her and she certainly;ey did what she wanted to do regarding awareness.
However, I do think her and "team" are getting arrogant and full of self-importance and is beginning to make people turn against the climate movement.
Unfortunately she is being used as a pawn in a bigger political and business game.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 12:19 - Sep 25 with 1176 viewshobo

The best way to stop global warming (oh sorry, 'climate change*'!) is to stop wars. I wonder if she will be campaigning for that? Or does that not align with the goals of her sponsors?

*climate change is completely natural and has been happening during the lifespan of the Earth
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 16:40 - Sep 25 with 1146 viewsEbo

I'm delighted that a young person has got off her backside and done something positive with her life that will inspire others.

Yet no one is harping on about kids who sit in front of a PlayStation or on a mobile phone 24/7 eating sweets and fast food with no interest in anything else than what they are currently glued to. What have they contributed to society and the world in general?

Good luck to her I say.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 16:43 - Sep 25 with 1142 viewsEbo

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 22:53 - Sep 24 by DrGonzo

It's made me realise there are a load of insecure gammon out there waiting to spew their unintelligible bile to whoever has the misfortune of being in earshot.

Careful with the "G" word, apparently I was called racist for using it on here by someone who should know better.

Silly sausage.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Login to get fewer ads

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 17:39 - Sep 25 with 1121 viewsDarran

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 16:40 - Sep 25 by Ebo

I'm delighted that a young person has got off her backside and done something positive with her life that will inspire others.

Yet no one is harping on about kids who sit in front of a PlayStation or on a mobile phone 24/7 eating sweets and fast food with no interest in anything else than what they are currently glued to. What have they contributed to society and the world in general?

Good luck to her I say.

What impact has she had on you personally then John? What have you started doing differently?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 20:39 - Sep 25 with 1070 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not much. Actions speak far louder than words and its her own age group which are the ones that can make a difference. Olders wont change their ways now. But its easy for the youngers to talk about doing this and that, but tell them to give up their technology and annual updates, throwaway twice-worn fashion, multiple holidays a year away via airplane, driving everywhere, and buy buy buy shite youll never really need and its a different story.

Shes trying tho i suppose which is more than 99% of everyone else with their shopping bag for life. She needs to suggest a cap on number of people in this world tho. Thatll sort every problem out.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 20:43 - Sep 25 with 1036 viewswestside

I wrap my sarnies in foil which is recyclable instead of putting them in plastic bags.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:33 - Sep 25 with 1037 viewsjack_lord

One of our intellectual former posters from across the pond was very much in denial about global warming. I thought it bizarre with all the evidence to the contrary.
This week, two of my merican friends have been on social media saying that it is not human made just a cycle of the earth's existence. They are both "clever" people. Do they get different news over there?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:34 - Sep 25 with 1027 viewsDJack

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 12:19 - Sep 25 by hobo

The best way to stop global warming (oh sorry, 'climate change*'!) is to stop wars. I wonder if she will be campaigning for that? Or does that not align with the goals of her sponsors?

*climate change is completely natural and has been happening during the lifespan of the Earth

"*climate change is completely natural and has been happening during the lifespan of the Earth "

However, anthropogenic climate change is NOT such an event and it is this change that the campaigners and the scientists are alarmed over.

As for the blather about "Or does that not align with the goals of her sponsors? " anything to back that up or are just talking shìt?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 00:10 - Sep 26 with 994 viewshobo

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:34 - Sep 25 by DJack

"*climate change is completely natural and has been happening during the lifespan of the Earth "

However, anthropogenic climate change is NOT such an event and it is this change that the campaigners and the scientists are alarmed over.

As for the blather about "Or does that not align with the goals of her sponsors? " anything to back that up or are just talking shìt?

Has she mentioned anything about the need to stop war as the main initiative? I've not really listened to her much but I've not seen anything concrete regarding what she's campaigning for. She seems to be saying a lot, but nothing of substance.

Every graph that is used as evidence of climate change goes back 100-150 years. That is the equivalent of taking our victory vs Arsenal last year and using it as evidence that we have the more successful history of the two clubs. Look at graphs charting readings over 1000+ years and you will see the same pattern over and over again.

They are just trying to monetise this current increase, and it seems people are falling for it
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 01:31 - Sep 26 with 999 viewsDJack

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 00:10 - Sep 26 by hobo

Has she mentioned anything about the need to stop war as the main initiative? I've not really listened to her much but I've not seen anything concrete regarding what she's campaigning for. She seems to be saying a lot, but nothing of substance.

Every graph that is used as evidence of climate change goes back 100-150 years. That is the equivalent of taking our victory vs Arsenal last year and using it as evidence that we have the more successful history of the two clubs. Look at graphs charting readings over 1000+ years and you will see the same pattern over and over again.

They are just trying to monetise this current increase, and it seems people are falling for it

So, firstly you have nothing on her "backers" and "alignment" - not having a pop but I wanted that out of the way first.

Secondly, the patterns going over thousands of years using ice cores and sediments show SIMILAR trends but they have been explained by the climate chemistry of the time. Scientists have run the scenarios and data repeatedly and it still indicates that there is an extra element brought about due to mankind and this element is getting greater. They have also run the scenarious for solar maximums/minimums and every other claimed reason (including the natural cycle) and they don't get close to a fit. Man-made climate change is a VERY close fit and "will be proven to be" an exact fit when they improve on the climate science.

The VAST majority of scientists with knowledge of the area agree with anthrpogenic climate change (lets just call it climate change) and though they may quibble over percentage points of certainty and exact proportion of which post industial element has exactly X-amount of affect. They do all agree that mankind is exacerbating the change. Whilst the denier scientist cant even agree on a basic premise that fits.

The people who have monetised the planet and it's ills have been the oil companies and other polluting industries. Whilst others have been working towards cheap renewable energy *Oh the horror! What utter bastărds!*

Riddle me this: In the US the Republicans deny climate change and yet since they've been in power and have mandated policies pushing back anti-pollution laws/protections. The US Dept of Defence has stated that climate change is one of the major threats facing the US...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 06:40 - Sep 26 with 970 viewsCaptain_Sham

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 05:47 - Sep 25 by phact0rri

Yet here you are talking about climate change...

Yes because we never talked about it before..

No one listened to Al because hes an ageing politician.

I didn't need a girl sailing the cross the sea in a boat to know that our planet is in mortal danger. The fact the so many people did says something about our society in general.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 6:54]

Its just a ride.

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 09:36 - Sep 26 with 908 viewsDarran

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 06:40 - Sep 26 by Captain_Sham

Yes because we never talked about it before..

No one listened to Al because hes an ageing politician.

I didn't need a girl sailing the cross the sea in a boat to know that our planet is in mortal danger. The fact the so many people did says something about our society in general.

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 6:54]

This is why this fella is one of Planetswans all time greats.

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 11:19 - Sep 26 with 868 viewsHighjack

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 23:33 - Sep 25 by jack_lord

One of our intellectual former posters from across the pond was very much in denial about global warming. I thought it bizarre with all the evidence to the contrary.
This week, two of my merican friends have been on social media saying that it is not human made just a cycle of the earth's existence. They are both "clever" people. Do they get different news over there?

It’s correct to say it’s caused by natural cyclical phenomena but our activities on Earth particularly around deforestation and releasing gases both accelerate the effects and hinders natures abilities to reverse the effects.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 11:53 - Sep 26 with 835 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 01:31 - Sep 26 by DJack

So, firstly you have nothing on her "backers" and "alignment" - not having a pop but I wanted that out of the way first.

Secondly, the patterns going over thousands of years using ice cores and sediments show SIMILAR trends but they have been explained by the climate chemistry of the time. Scientists have run the scenarios and data repeatedly and it still indicates that there is an extra element brought about due to mankind and this element is getting greater. They have also run the scenarious for solar maximums/minimums and every other claimed reason (including the natural cycle) and they don't get close to a fit. Man-made climate change is a VERY close fit and "will be proven to be" an exact fit when they improve on the climate science.

The VAST majority of scientists with knowledge of the area agree with anthrpogenic climate change (lets just call it climate change) and though they may quibble over percentage points of certainty and exact proportion of which post industial element has exactly X-amount of affect. They do all agree that mankind is exacerbating the change. Whilst the denier scientist cant even agree on a basic premise that fits.

The people who have monetised the planet and it's ills have been the oil companies and other polluting industries. Whilst others have been working towards cheap renewable energy *Oh the horror! What utter bastărds!*

Riddle me this: In the US the Republicans deny climate change and yet since they've been in power and have mandated policies pushing back anti-pollution laws/protections. The US Dept of Defence has stated that climate change is one of the major threats facing the US...

Seeing as you asked for information about her backers I will oblige you with this series of articles written by Cory Morningstar who is an independent investigative journalist, writer and environmental activist, focusing on global ecological collapse and political analysis of the non-profit industrial complex.
You would expect an eco activist to know what they are talking about regarding another eco activist.
I am sure you will just write it off as a nutter's conspiracy theory just as you do anything that contradicts the "concensus", except of course Science is not done by concensus.
There is an aweful lot of reading and I doubt very much that you will stay the course, but you can't say I didn't provide you with what you asked for.
Enjoy
http://www.theartofannihilation.com/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-cons
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 12:59 - Sep 26 with 821 viewsjackharris

Before Greta was invented by her Puppeteering Parents I...

1) Recycle all the rubbish I can
2) I use bags for life when I am shopping
3) Instead of car journeys, I try to walk, cycle and use public transport (as much as I can, when I lived in London the public transport was amazing) back here in Swansea it is not.
4) I turn off the lights when I watch TV... etc

I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens. I worry about her an an individual, she seems to be carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. Only yesterday a little secondary school girl committed suicide in school because it is said she was worried about our planet.

I fear for her well being and I would try to get her to run a young people’s task force who would be the spokesperson for the children of the World. Too much burden on her young shoulders. Select a group of volunteers from around the world to meet up say twice a year during school holidays (if possible). They could feedback to each other what was worrying the children of their specific countries and then inform the officials.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 13:26 - Sep 26 with 805 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 12:59 - Sep 26 by jackharris

Before Greta was invented by her Puppeteering Parents I...

1) Recycle all the rubbish I can
2) I use bags for life when I am shopping
3) Instead of car journeys, I try to walk, cycle and use public transport (as much as I can, when I lived in London the public transport was amazing) back here in Swansea it is not.
4) I turn off the lights when I watch TV... etc

I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens. I worry about her an an individual, she seems to be carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. Only yesterday a little secondary school girl committed suicide in school because it is said she was worried about our planet.

I fear for her well being and I would try to get her to run a young people’s task force who would be the spokesperson for the children of the World. Too much burden on her young shoulders. Select a group of volunteers from around the world to meet up say twice a year during school holidays (if possible). They could feedback to each other what was worrying the children of their specific countries and then inform the officials.

"I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens."

Do you actually believe what you wrote there?
Other than helping the adults behind her frighten other youngsters to death just like Extinction Rebellion have you looked at the mess these stewards of ecology leave behind them after their jolly off school?
Rubbish, placards and plastic water bottles everywhere.
If the stories about her mental health are true she should be nowhere near the world stage and the pressures that entails.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 13:30 - Sep 26 with 807 viewsdickythorpe

She is 16, she should be enjoying life. It doesn't look like she is however valid her speeches are.
Something has got to give.
It's not usual behaviour for a person of her age.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 13:32 - Sep 26 with 788 viewsbluey_the_blue

Positive :-

She's a great ambassador for raising the awareness of Aspergers and by extension, autism. Too often Aspergers is used as an excuse by hackers.

Negatives :-

Great when on script, off the cuff poor - admittedly almost certainly due to Aspergers.
Lacks the PR awareness - the stunt travelling to America was all fine and good, but the additional carbon resources accrued for various reasons undermined the message.
What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 15:00 - Sep 26 with 773 viewsjackharris

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 13:26 - Sep 26 by A_Fans_Dad

"I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens."

Do you actually believe what you wrote there?
Other than helping the adults behind her frighten other youngsters to death just like Extinction Rebellion have you looked at the mess these stewards of ecology leave behind them after their jolly off school?
Rubbish, placards and plastic water bottles everywhere.
If the stories about her mental health are true she should be nowhere near the world stage and the pressures that entails.

“I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens."

‘Do you actually believe what you wrote there?’

To answer your question yes I know it for a fact. I have seen it in practice. Young people in the past have celebrities they adore and it is nice that they have a voice on their futures through a young person who is being allowed to speak for the younger generation. I would be worried about the burden she seems to have on her young shoulders. But there is no getting away from the fact she is inspiring the children.

There are no ‘True’ stories about her mental health. Only critics who try to make out she has, eg one American Youtuber calling her a mentally ill child from Sweden! She is very passionate about her feelings for the world. Maybe too passionate for her well being to be ok.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 18:14 - Sep 26 with 721 viewsA_Fans_Dad

What impact has Greta Thunberg had on you? on 15:00 - Sep 26 by jackharris

“I think it is nice that young people do have a voice through Greta and she inspires our young to be good environmental citizens."

‘Do you actually believe what you wrote there?’

To answer your question yes I know it for a fact. I have seen it in practice. Young people in the past have celebrities they adore and it is nice that they have a voice on their futures through a young person who is being allowed to speak for the younger generation. I would be worried about the burden she seems to have on her young shoulders. But there is no getting away from the fact she is inspiring the children.

There are no ‘True’ stories about her mental health. Only critics who try to make out she has, eg one American Youtuber calling her a mentally ill child from Sweden! She is very passionate about her feelings for the world. Maybe too passionate for her well being to be ok.

So, her own mother is lying and Greta herself is lying?
Or don't you believe that Depression, Self harming & Anorexia are Mental Health issues?
Her mother also stated that Greta could see CO2, yeah right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024