Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. 19:41 - Sep 25 with 9233 viewstheloneranger

Tw@ts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49828113

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 19:53 - Oct 30 with 1522 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 20:13 - Oct 15 by ladyjack

Both avoided jail, I thought that would be the case.

On bbc now announced that Keogh has had his contract terminated

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 19:56 - Oct 30 with 1512 viewsNotLoyal

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 19:53 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Was he even driving?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 20:00 - Oct 30 with 1501 viewsswan65split

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50242841
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 20:20 - Oct 30 with 1468 viewssainthelens

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 19:53 - Oct 30 by Brynmill_Jack

For having massive eyebrows.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 22:25 - Oct 30 with 1323 viewsbakajack

I am sure the cynics will have no issues pointing out that 33 year old who wasn't actually driving and suffers 15 month long injury is sacked while two up and coming players with reasonable resale value who were uninjured and actually the ones who were drink driving were given a six week fine as a slap on the wrist.

Can only imagine that insurers refused to cover his wages, Derby offered him reduced salary which he of course turned down so they sacked him to save on his £25k a week wages knowing that there was a very real possibility he would have to retire after an injury that serious which he wouldn't recover from until he was 35.

Can definitely see this going to a tribunal and I cannot see how Derby can win.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 00:42 - Oct 31 with 1244 viewsTimTtam

Disgraceful stuff by Derby. FFP karma will catch up with them hopefully.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 00:49 - Oct 31 with 1237 viewsHighjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 22:25 - Oct 30 by bakajack

I am sure the cynics will have no issues pointing out that 33 year old who wasn't actually driving and suffers 15 month long injury is sacked while two up and coming players with reasonable resale value who were uninjured and actually the ones who were drink driving were given a six week fine as a slap on the wrist.

Can only imagine that insurers refused to cover his wages, Derby offered him reduced salary which he of course turned down so they sacked him to save on his £25k a week wages knowing that there was a very real possibility he would have to retire after an injury that serious which he wouldn't recover from until he was 35.

I’m not a legal eagle by any stretch of the imagination but surely he’s got a good case for discrimination based on age considering the other two actually committed the offence and got a far more lenient disciplinary?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 02:02 - Oct 31 with 1205 viewsItchySphincter

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 22:25 - Oct 30 by bakajack

Well that was pretty much the first thing that popped in to my head.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 02:05 - Oct 31 with 1204 viewsItchySphincter

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 00:49 - Oct 31 by Highjack

I’m not a legal eagle by any stretch of the imagination but surely he’s got a good case for discrimination based on age considering the other two actually committed the offence and got a far more lenient disciplinary?

He was they're club captain though wasn't he? They could argue that he was in a position of responsibility and had a duty of care. In the end he may have saved their careers by getting himself sacked.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 07:08 - Oct 31 with 1084 viewsFireboy2

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 02:05 - Oct 31 by ItchySphincter

He was they're club captain though wasn't he? They could argue that he was in a position of responsibility and had a duty of care. In the end he may have saved their careers by getting himself sacked.

And that is the case for the defence m'lord.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 12:25 - Oct 31 with 909 viewsGaryjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 07:08 - Oct 31 by Fireboy2

And that is the case for the defence m'lord.

Of course you could also argue that if he has gone against the terms and conditions set out in his insurance, then that does indeed amount to gross misconduct.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 12:26]
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 12:38 - Oct 31 with 894 viewsFireboy2

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 12:25 - Oct 31 by Garyjack

Of course you could also argue that if he has gone against the terms and conditions set out in his insurance, then that does indeed amount to gross misconduct.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 12:26]

What about the other two involved?

Imo derby have fvcked up by offering him reduced wages, i hope they get rinsed by keoghs lawers.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:15 - Oct 31 with 838 viewsGaryjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 12:38 - Oct 31 by Fireboy2

What about the other two involved?

Imo derby have fvcked up by offering him reduced wages, i hope they get rinsed by keoghs lawers.

The other two weren't injured so no claim had to be made.

I'm not sticking up for Derby here as i think they're a bunch of rotten cheats, but they certainly haven't fvcked up by offering reduced wages as i doubt very much whether any insurance policy would cover 100% of wages for the full length of long term injuries, so Derby would be liable to meet part payment anyway.
Personally, i think Keogh's got a bit of a battle on his hands.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 13:16]
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 15:39 - Oct 31 with 749 viewspencoedjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:15 - Oct 31 by Garyjack

The other two weren't injured so no claim had to be made.

I'm not sticking up for Derby here as i think they're a bunch of rotten cheats, but they certainly haven't fvcked up by offering reduced wages as i doubt very much whether any insurance policy would cover 100% of wages for the full length of long term injuries, so Derby would be liable to meet part payment anyway.
Personally, i think Keogh's got a bit of a battle on his hands.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2019 13:16]

I agree

Anyway its good news that a club who will probably be fighting us for promotion are in turmoil.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:25 - Nov 1 with 589 viewsTimTtam

Keogh is appealing, understandably.

I can understand why the club would ask him to take a pay cut. But the fact Lawrence and Bennett got off scot-free after being the main culprits is unacceptable. Not to mention that Keogh has over 300 games at Derby, and these two are young and haven't achieved anything. The only conclusion is that they are in financial trouble, and need to make money when they eventually sell them both.

My name is Matt

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:28 - Nov 1 with 586 viewssainthelens

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:25 - Nov 1 by TimTtam

I can understand why the club would ask him to take a pay cut. But the fact Lawrence and Bennett got off scot-free after being the main culprits is unacceptable. Not to mention that Keogh has over 300 games at Derby, and these two are young and haven't achieved anything. The only conclusion is that they are in financial trouble, and need to make money when they eventually sell them both.

I don't think Keogh is appealing, in fact he's an ugly b@stard.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:33 - Nov 1 with 576 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:25 - Nov 1 by TimTtam

Who says both have got off scot-free?

Criminal convictions will no doubt occur. Both will almost certainly have been disciplined internally by the club. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call to the idiots.

Keogh on the other hand is older, a more experienced head. As club captain, his responsibility on a team bonding event was acting as senior representative of the club. Not only happy to allow players to get bladdered, happy for them to drink drive, ended up injured because of it.

Yes those two are scum, but he was acting in a "supervisor" role, allowed the situation to happen.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:40 - Nov 1 with 568 viewspencoedjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:33 - Nov 1 by bluey_the_blue

Criminal convictions will no doubt occur. Both will almost certainly have been disciplined internally by the club. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call to the idiots.

Keogh on the other hand is older, a more experienced head. As club captain, his responsibility on a team bonding event was acting as senior representative of the club. Not only happy to allow players to get bladdered, happy for them to drink drive, ended up injured because of it.

Yes those two are scum, but he was acting in a "supervisor" role, allowed the situation to happen.

I don't think C*****f City fans should comment on anything to do with morals.
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:47 - Nov 1 with 560 viewstheloneranger

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:33 - Nov 1 by bluey_the_blue

"Criminal convictions will no doubt occur" . ..

FFS ... Keep up!!

"Lawrence and Bennett were ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, given a 12-month community order and banned from driving for two years."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:00 - Nov 1 with 520 viewsTimTtam

They were suspended for 0 matches. Meanwhile Keogh's career is over.

Also, they will not be disciplined by the club. Nothing happened initially, and nothing will happen in the future. Remember, one of them started the following week, and the other was on the bench. I will be very surprised if Derby ban them in the future.

Keogh deserved to be punished. It's debatable imo whether he should have been sacked. But when the two main perpetrators got next to no punishment, it's very unfair.

My name is Matt

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 516 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:00 - Nov 1 by TimTtam

They were suspended for 0 matches. Meanwhile Keogh's career is over.

Also, they will not be disciplined by the club. Nothing happened initially, and nothing will happen in the future. Remember, one of them started the following week, and the other was on the bench. I will be very surprised if Derby ban them in the future.

Keogh deserved to be punished. It's debatable imo whether he should have been sacked. But when the two main perpetrators got next to no punishment, it's very unfair.

So were they fined by the club?
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:03 - Nov 1 with 516 viewsTimTtam

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 11:28 - Nov 1 by sainthelens

I don't think Keogh is appealing, in fact he's an ugly b@stard.

That's one thing we can both agree on.

My name is Matt

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 515 viewsTimTtam

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett: Derby County stars charged with drink-driving .. on 13:02 - Nov 1 by bluey_the_blue

So were they fined by the club?

I think it was 6 week's worth of wages. Which, for a professional footballer, it very little compared to their entire salary.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024