Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread 20:56 - Sep 29 with 29152 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 18:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 2291 viewsairedale

Oh shite, just looked at league table to gloat and noticed that Stoke haven’t won yet this season. Who are we, yep could be their first win of the season.

Away at Swansea.
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 2 with 2247 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:59 - Oct 2 by theloneranger

I thought Wilmot was absolutely outstanding for his Swans league debut. So much fvcking pressure from the 95th minute onwards!!

He was blowing out of his arse on the 96th...
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:25 - Oct 2 with 2223 viewsLeonWasGod

Well done lads. Much needed after a difficult few results.
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Oct 2 with 2174 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 2 by WarwickHunt

Set pieces. The massive anti-football cûnts.

Just a guess like.

You’re not wrong, according to the BBC it was 2 set pieces. Have to admit to checking out the BBC live updates/reporting at half time (along with some of the games) and apparently QPR were all over them but just couldn’t score. I was gobsmacked when I saw they had won 3 0.
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 2150 viewssainthelens

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:29 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

You’re not wrong, according to the BBC it was 2 set pieces. Have to admit to checking out the BBC live updates/reporting at half time (along with some of the games) and apparently QPR were all over them but just couldn’t score. I was gobsmacked when I saw they had won 3 0.

2 of the 3 were set pieces QPR hit post twice. They still need neck braces.
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:54 - Oct 2 with 1968 viewsPentyrchJack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:52 - Oct 2 by BrynCartwright

Great result. Well done lads.. Top of the league.

Well said Bryn and good to agree with you!

Up the Jacks and let's do Stoke.

Hopefully Nathan Jones won't get sacked until 1730 on Saturday.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 1881 viewsKingstonJack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 2 by londonlisa2001

Thoroughly enjoyed that. 2 entertaining teams, great game and brilliant result.

Celina had an outstanding game, although I still think he’s best at 10. And shout out to Ayew who ran his socks off right to the end.

Top of the league after 10. Can’t ask for much more than that.

Totally agree. Celina at 10 any day for me
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:20 - Oct 2 with 1855 viewsFireboy2

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 2 by icecoldjack

2 good teams having a crack with the swans sneaking out on top, a great advert for championship football tonight.

We are a far better side when not having teams park the bus, our problem is going to be finding a way to break teams down at home as most will now come here to defend deep and frustrate, cooper needs to work on something different at home, away from home we are set up perfect.

This^

Cooper has got to have a plan A B and a C for when we are at home.

The second half on saturday was shocking so tonights performance was a fantastic response, just hope they carry it onto saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:25 - Oct 2 with 1833 viewstheloneranger

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:22 - Oct 2 by WarwickHunt

He was blowing out of his arse on the 96th...

Perhaps he wasn't match fit?? 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:26 - Oct 2 with 1828 viewsdameedna

Ayew is an awesome No.10. Both our numbers 10s played on the wings. Not bad going with about six other wingers at the club. Goes to show a bit of control and trickery makes for a fine all round performance.

Grimes and Carroll have also done well on the flanks. Caroll was awesome there when we played those tactics with the wardrobe in the middle rolling around the penalty spot.
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:33 - Oct 2 with 1791 viewsNotLoyal

A great fighting performance, if there was a concern for me tonight it was grimes being knocked off the ball too much and celina not seeing the early quick pass. Charlton are one of the better sides I'm a very proud swans fan tonight

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:29 - Oct 3 with 1672 viewsHumpty

Tonight's goals.

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/11825854/charlton-1-2-swansea
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:52 - Oct 3 with 1643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:29 - Oct 3 by Humpty

Tonight's goals.

https://www.skysports.com/efl/championship/video/11825854/charlton-1-2-swansea

Cheers Hump

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:59 - Oct 3 with 1635 viewshaxbyjack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:52 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Cheers Hump

Good, professional away performance

Great result

Excellent away support and turnout

Negative posters can do one.

Enough said, good night!

Plastic through and through, grounds to date! Lincoln City, Kidderminster Harriers, Macclesfield, Harlepool Utd, Northampton Town, York City, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Bury, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Coventry, Bristol City, Crewe, Tranmere Rovers, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Oldham, Walsall, Swindon Town, Preston, BRadford City, Rotherham United, Peterborough Utd, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Birmingham City, Doncaster Rovers ( old & new), Middlesbrough, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds Utd, Reading, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, QPR, Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull City, Fulham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Arsenal (old & new), Newcastle United, Scum, Norwich City, West Ham Utd, Stoke City (old & new), Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Wembley, Millenium & Malmo....... Manchester United, Darlington ( forgot them) To be continued.....

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:40 - Oct 3 with 1589 viewsTimTtam

Awesome stuff.

Couldn't watch the game cause of time zones, but it sounds like a much improved performance.

Ayew getting his first league goal is huge. The monkey is off his back, with this stint and the former stint with us. Borja, Ayew, & Celina look a deadly combo.

Cooper brought Wilmot on as a sub! He must look at this forum

Still undefeated away from home.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:41 - Oct 3 with 1587 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:40 - Oct 3 by TimTtam

Awesome stuff.

Couldn't watch the game cause of time zones, but it sounds like a much improved performance.

Ayew getting his first league goal is huge. The monkey is off his back, with this stint and the former stint with us. Borja, Ayew, & Celina look a deadly combo.

Cooper brought Wilmot on as a sub! He must look at this forum

Still undefeated away from home.

I told him to start Dhanda in numerous threads. He did - hey presto!

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 03:31 - Oct 3 with 1519 viewsDJack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:41 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I told him to start Dhanda in numerous threads. He did - hey presto!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:46 - Oct 3 with 1420 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 2 by PozuelosSideys

Not sure why Celina is getting slated on this thread. Was his best performance of the season!

Did woodman have to make a serious save ?

We are a much better team when energy levels are high and we press quickly. Happy with that. By far the better team

Just having a nose on the Charlton board for lack of owt else to do at this time of the morning and he's getting almost universal praise from them.

I suspect Celina's problem is that because we all know how creative, how dangerous he can be when he plays through the middle, any and all efforts he puts in when not playing through the middle are unfairly judged in comparison.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:05 - Oct 3 with 1274 viewsswan65split

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:39 - Oct 2 by MrSwerve

What was that all about?

FT Massive win.

us going into panic mode , and the goalmouth scramble ...sorry..
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:08 - Oct 3 with 1262 viewsswan65split

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:40 - Oct 2 by magicdaps10

You fooking cocck..... I thought they had equalised!

They nearly did ....
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:46 - Oct 3 with 1211 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:46 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Just having a nose on the Charlton board for lack of owt else to do at this time of the morning and he's getting almost universal praise from them.

I suspect Celina's problem is that because we all know how creative, how dangerous he can be when he plays through the middle, any and all efforts he puts in when not playing through the middle are unfairly judged in comparison.

The game being so open yesterday helped us a lot imo. He got plenty of space to work with. Dhanda helped with moving their players around too. He's got quicker feet than Byers as well. Away from home that'll happen often.

At home it's a different story as teams lock up, park the bus and leave little space. Cooper will need to realise this quickly and play a legitimate left winger while moving Celina into the middle. At least playing a legitimate left winger will stretch teams and leave a bit more space for Celina centrally and leave gaps. If he doesn't then our home games will be hard work.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:39 - Oct 3 with 1110 viewsjacksfullaces

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Oct 2 by airedale

Oh shite, just looked at league table to gloat and noticed that Stoke haven’t won yet this season. Who are we, yep could be their first win of the season.

Away at Swansea.

probably be able to get quite good odds for a covering bet
The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:56 - Oct 3 with 1097 viewsGlyn1

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:46 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86973/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city

There's a lot of praise there for Celina but also for the rest of the team as well. Apparently our "CB is pacey, strong and fearless" and "the Swansea number 23 is a 'orrible cheat".

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 3 with 1090 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:46 - Oct 3 by PozuelosSideys

The game being so open yesterday helped us a lot imo. He got plenty of space to work with. Dhanda helped with moving their players around too. He's got quicker feet than Byers as well. Away from home that'll happen often.

At home it's a different story as teams lock up, park the bus and leave little space. Cooper will need to realise this quickly and play a legitimate left winger while moving Celina into the middle. At least playing a legitimate left winger will stretch teams and leave a bit more space for Celina centrally and leave gaps. If he doesn't then our home games will be hard work.

Play last nights side with Bidwell overlapping and we’ll get a win IMHO

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:48 - Oct 3 with 1027 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Charlton Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Play last nights side with Bidwell overlapping and we’ll get a win IMHO

Bidwell has some good qualities, Naughton seems the better player to me though, doesn't lose the ball as much.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024