Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 21:33 - Oct 2 with 21178 viewsCopaMundial

Stealing a living this season.
Matt Grimes on 19:06 - Nov 23 with 3383 viewstheloneranger

Byers made Renato Sanches look like a World Cup winner in comparison today. Played more one twos with the advertising hoardings than Sanches ever will in his career.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Matt Grimes on 19:13 - Nov 23 with 3369 viewsZaxx

Matt Grimes on 18:55 - Nov 23 by Fireboy2

What about byers?

Grimes needs someone alongside him with experience.

I don't think Grimes is a bad player.
I don't think he's good enough to carry others around him though.
I think he's a decent player in a poor midfield and I've been of that opinion for a long while.

When you set up a football team you have to surely look at players who can hold their own (especially in the spine of the team).. None of our current midfield have that capability, Grimes though is the closest.

Can we have a Joe Allen please
Matt Grimes on 20:45 - Nov 23 with 3243 viewsbuilthjack

He has stolen a living for years. Besides half a dozen ok games last season and a couple this, he just looks like a League 1 player at best. No right foot. Can't head a ball. Strolls around like a fcking pervert in a disco., Captain ? He never opens his chops. Wtf is going on?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 20:38]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matt Grimes on 08:24 - Nov 24 with 3131 viewsDr_Winston

He did well last season (wasn't player of the year mind, McBurnie and James were well ahead of him) but he's struggling badly in this one. Not helped by the mediocrity around him in the middle of the park, but as captain he's supposed to lead by example and he isn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matt Grimes on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 3017 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Matt Grimes on 20:45 - Nov 23 by builthjack

He has stolen a living for years. Besides half a dozen ok games last season and a couple this, he just looks like a League 1 player at best. No right foot. Can't head a ball. Strolls around like a fcking pervert in a disco., Captain ? He never opens his chops. Wtf is going on?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 20:38]

Pervert in a disco? I know, I know, it's serious.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Matt Grimes on 20:19 - Nov 24 with 2939 viewsBadlands

Matt Grimes on 08:24 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

He did well last season (wasn't player of the year mind, McBurnie and James were well ahead of him) but he's struggling badly in this one. Not helped by the mediocrity around him in the middle of the park, but as captain he's supposed to lead by example and he isn't.

Doesn't he have the same players around him as last season?
I think he did well last year because there was no pressure on him, he was able to ply in a decent game in different positions, Potter understood people as well as football.
But, as you say, no where near player of the year.
Cooper will go up in my estimation (I know he'll be pleased) if he was to bench Grimes and even more if he was relieve hm of match day captaincy.
Hoorn or Ayew for me)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matt Grimes on 13:59 - Jan 12 with 2741 viewsCopaMundial

Absolutely dreadful again, would be on the bench if he wasn’t the captain.
Matt Grimes on 14:02 - Jan 12 with 2707 viewsBest_loser

The nearly man

Nearly a good pass, nearly a good free kick

Nearly isn't good enough
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 14:14 - Jan 12 with 2636 viewsLeonWasGod

Flipped from good to awful today. Too many lazy balls and not wanting the ball enough. But also some excellent defensive work and a potential goal-saving tackle in the box.

Dead balls are all over the place at the moment though - same with Celina who was much better last year. I'd have them both doing an extra 30 minute on deadballs after each training session for a few weeks!
Matt Grimes on 16:35 - Jan 12 with 2489 viewsPacemaker

Sky sports stat to tweeted

7⃣8⃣% of duels won - most in match
7⃣0⃣ touches - most in match
1⃣1⃣ times won possession - most in match
3⃣ interceptions - most in match

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Matt Grimes on 18:18 - Jan 12 with 2381 viewsmajorraglan

Dead balls weren’t great, but he played 1 superb long pass from the centre of the field, must have been 40 /50 yards over the top, the Cardiff fans by us were gobsmacked.
Matt Grimes on 21:05 - Jan 14 with 2195 viewsvetchonian

And to think many were tipping him to be bought by a PL club preseason

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Matt Grimes on 21:30 - Jan 14 with 2139 viewscwmdonkinjack

As per Sky stats, I thought he played well today. Some stray passes as he has been doing this season, but fewer. Good in defence and worked hard, as he always does. You have to take into account the powder puff support he has had in midfield for nearly all season when he often is the only player putting a foot in. The lack of runners into space in front of him has been part of the problem and this is down to a combination of the coaching and the other players. We'd much worse off if we picked a midfield without him.
Matt Grimes on 07:50 - Jan 15 with 2024 views34dfgdf54

Thought he played well Saturday, hoping Gallagher could potentially bring his game on further aswell if it's true we are signing him.
Matt Grimes on 09:16 - Jan 15 with 1957 viewsdameedna

Matt Grimes on 18:18 - Jan 12 by majorraglan

Dead balls weren’t great, but he played 1 superb long pass from the centre of the field, must have been 40 /50 yards over the top, the Cardiff fans by us were gobsmacked.

That ball to Celina was immense. Against a backdrop of a few errors. He has a sweet left foot. A talent to be developed and nurtured. Outstanding.
Matt Grimes on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 1882 viewsCatullus

I can only echo what has been said by others. We need to give the captaincy to someone else and get Grimes a better midfield partner, play Celina in the No10 role and put proper wingers on, play with more pace in attack and be braver, less backwards and sideways passing when a forward pass is available.

We look like a team trying not to lose first, winning is a bonus and we need to change that around.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Matt Grimes on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 1863 viewsDarran

Matt Grimes on 07:50 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Thought he played well Saturday, hoping Gallagher could potentially bring his game on further aswell if it's true we are signing him.

Where was that? 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Matt Grimes on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 1838 views34dfgdf54

Matt Grimes on 10:31 - Jan 15 by Darran

Where was that? 👀

Where was what?
Matt Grimes on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 1840 viewsicecoldjack

Matt Grimes on 10:22 - Jan 15 by Catullus

I can only echo what has been said by others. We need to give the captaincy to someone else and get Grimes a better midfield partner, play Celina in the No10 role and put proper wingers on, play with more pace in attack and be braver, less backwards and sideways passing when a forward pass is available.

We look like a team trying not to lose first, winning is a bonus and we need to change that around.

I agree totally, but is Cooper the manager to forward think and be brave ?

It doesn’t look like so far to me.
Matt Grimes on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 1826 viewsDarran

Matt Grimes on 10:49 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Where was what?

Where he played well on Saturday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Matt Grimes on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 1599 viewsPacemaker

I thought Grimes was very good today with a decent midfield around him.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Matt Grimes on 18:48 - Jan 18 with 1589 viewsDr_Winston

Matt Grimes on 18:47 - Jan 18 by Pacemaker

I thought the ten yard free kick that he still somehow managed to give straight to the opposition summed his performance up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matt Grimes on 18:58 - Jan 18 with 1546 viewsLeonWasGod

Slightly different role today with the other 2 CMs both clearly ahead. I thought it suited him, but those other two left him exposed at times. Especially when Grimes dropped in to cover Connor bombing forward and we ended up with nothing shielding the defence.

I’m hoping today’s shape was a gamble against weaker opposition. Do that against the top teams and we’d get ripped apart.
Matt Grimes on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 1483 viewsLeonWasGod

Agreed. Just the shape off the ball left us a bit open at time (nothing to do with Matt, more to do with the other two pushing forward).

Matt’s got the quality to play that holding role on his own. Did well today.
Matt Grimes on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 1363 viewsbuilthjack

Grimes was absolute sh1t yet again. Can't take a corner, can't pass. Let's get real.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024