Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 21:43 - Oct 2 with 8704 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We said that would be the sign of where we are

I’m still not sure we’re the best team in the league but we’ve shown some qualities this year I wasn’t expecting

Now onto the next 10!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 games in on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 4612 viewsNortbankboy

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us
But it's not always the best team that wins it
10 games in on 21:52 - Oct 2 with 4562 viewsPozuelosSideys

10 games in on 21:49 - Oct 2 by Nortbankboy

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us

Oooh you're that pleb who watches Cardiff all the time.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

10 games in on 21:54 - Oct 2 with 4538 viewsrlw

Maintain this average and we'd have been champions in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Lets see if we can continue in the same vein as tonight or fold like we have previously.
10 games in on 21:54 - Oct 2 with 4516 viewssainthelens

10 games in on 21:52 - Oct 2 by PozuelosSideys

Oooh you're that pleb who watches Cardiff all the time.

Fck my eyes.
Incoming.
10 games in on 21:55 - Oct 2 with 4494 viewsPozuelosSideys

10 games in on 21:54 - Oct 2 by sainthelens

Fck my eyes.
Incoming.

It's that Eames fella I think

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

10 games in on 22:02 - Oct 2 with 4370 viewsicecoldjack

10 games in and we are looking solid, not an automatic promotion team, but solid enough that given a bit of luck with injury and some good confidence we can stay in the top 6/7 .

It has to be said though, without Ayew and Borja this team would be bang average and the young players would.be struggling a bit with confidence draining.

It's a great effort by cooper but plenty of tests to come, all we need to do is hang in there and in the last 2 months anything can hopefully happen .
10 games in on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 4323 viewsdickythorpe

We're still far from the finished article.
Our gameplan is going to have to evolve before long as we have no attacking threat on the wings at the moment.

We do have a team that work hard for each other and are nowhere near as passive as previous seasons.
Having a better 'keeper is also a plus point.
10 games in on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 4295 viewsPrivate_Partz

They have certainly surprised me although I thought keeping Ayew and Baston could put us in with the shout.
WBA and Leeds served up some very decent fare last night but tables do not lie.
At this stage, after a pretty difficult run of fixtures, I would not demote us to 6th or 7th best team.
We are top and it could be argued that, with a bit of steadiness late on, we could nave had 3 or 4 points more. There is every cause for optimism.
My main worry is what the Yanks will do in the January window if the above two carry on their run of form.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 22:07 - Oct 2 with 4292 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 21:54 - Oct 2 by rlw

Maintain this average and we'd have been champions in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Lets see if we can continue in the same vein as tonight or fold like we have previously.

When have we folded previously after a start like this?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

10 games in on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 4275 viewsjack247

As plenty of people have said, we’re still missing a central midfielder who can tackle and battle as well as pass. It wasn’t such a big miss tonight as it was one of those frenetic end to end games that neither midfield really dominated. It was obvious on Saturday.

That aside, we look pretty strong. Reasonably solid at the back, don’t concede many, some great ball players in midfield, though Fulton is the closest we have to an enforcer and a frontline with a bit of X factor about them. We’ve got a strong bench too.

Bring that midfielder, whoever he is, in next window and we could well be in with a shout of promotion.
10 games in on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 4205 viewsPozuelosSideys

10 games in on 22:07 - Oct 2 by monmouth

When have we folded previously after a start like this?

Not in my lifetime watching the swans.

This is a significantly better start than under the Rodgers season. After 10 games then we had 16 points

10 games in on 22:15 - Oct 2 with 4177 viewslifelong

10 games in on 22:08 - Oct 2 by jack247

As plenty of people have said, we’re still missing a central midfielder who can tackle and battle as well as pass. It wasn’t such a big miss tonight as it was one of those frenetic end to end games that neither midfield really dominated. It was obvious on Saturday.

That aside, we look pretty strong. Reasonably solid at the back, don’t concede many, some great ball players in midfield, though Fulton is the closest we have to an enforcer and a frontline with a bit of X factor about them. We’ve got a strong bench too.

Bring that midfielder, whoever he is, in next window and we could well be in with a shout of promotion.

I think ‘reasonably solid at the back’ is a bit of an understatement, we’ll certainly have problems holding on to our two centre backs in the next window.
10 games in on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 4168 viewsthornabyswan

Seen it mentioned by a few scummers that the league doesn't really take shape till 15 games in and I always thought 10 was the trend

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

10 games in on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 4132 viewsthornabyswan

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us

Yes we beat 2 of them and are top of the league.

Can't imagine to many clubs have supporters as negative as some of ours.

Edit just twigged it's that old fella who used to support us and jumped ship to the dark side.

Now get your binoculars out and have a good look at the table
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:27]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

10 games in on 22:19 - Oct 2 with 4122 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

10 games in on 22:16 - Oct 2 by thornabyswan

Seen it mentioned by a few scummers that the league doesn't really take shape till 15 games in and I always thought 10 was the trend

They’ll be saying the first 20 if we’re still top after 15

It’s christmas though really isn’t it to give us an idea about the season

Still an impressive first 10, well done particularly the defence and goal keeper

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 games in on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 4043 viewsJacket

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us

Preston? Da fack you basin that? Didn't we beat the feckers
10 games in on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 3996 viewsthornabyswan

10 games in on 22:08 - Oct 2 by jack247

If we can all see we are missing some bite in midfield Cooper Marsh Leon and Birch will see it as well.

Last time we got promoted Sinclair and Borini pushed us over the line

This time we need a different type of player.

But we have a very good chance of going up this season.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:35]

10 games in on 22:32 - Oct 2 with 3998 viewssP7qupUf

10 games in on 22:16 - Oct 2 by thornabyswan

Interesting. Have a look at who they have played to date. Will be interesting to see where they are after the 15 game mark.
10 games in on 22:37 - Oct 2 with 3961 viewsOneill_77

Leon should be tasked with securing a mini-me (pun unintended) to boss - physically, tactically and in a leadership capacity - and unleash Grimes to focus on his creative genius.

Either nurture and develop, or recruit. asap.
10 games in on 22:38 - Oct 2 with 3941 viewsthornabyswan

10 games in on 22:32 - Oct 2 by sP7qupUf

Interesting. Have a look at who they have played to date. Will be interesting to see where they are after the 15 game mark.

Mid table that's where the classless cloggers will be come next May.

10 games in on 22:46 - Oct 2 with 3875 viewsmajorraglan

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us

The top of the able is very tight and there are some “quality” teams there or there abouts; there are 5 points separating the top 11teams. Given the resources some of these teams have and the cuts that the Swans have had to make, Cooper and the team are doing very well. There is still scope to improve as has been seen during some of the recent games, hopefully Cooper is continuing to learn and with the support of the board and an addition or 2 come the January window it will push the club onwards.
10 games in on 22:54 - Oct 2 with 3818 viewsfelixstowe_jack

10 games in on 22:46 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

The top of the able is very tight and there are some “quality” teams there or there abouts; there are 5 points separating the top 11teams. Given the resources some of these teams have and the cuts that the Swans have had to make, Cooper and the team are doing very well. There is still scope to improve as has been seen during some of the recent games, hopefully Cooper is continuing to learn and with the support of the board and an addition or 2 come the January window it will push the club onwards.

Fair dos to the scum they had a 3-0 win with only 27% possession. They managed 4 shots 3 of which went in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

10 games in on 22:58 - Oct 2 with 3799 viewsNortbankboy

10 games in on 22:46 - Oct 2 by majorraglan

Very happy so far this season.

I don't go overboard when we win
And I'm not like a drama queen when we lose.

But I would like to see our wingers getting game time.
More exciting playing with width
10 games in on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 3745 viewspencoedjack

10 games in on 22:19 - Oct 2 by thornabyswan

Yes we beat 2 of them and are top of the league.

Can't imagine to many clubs have supporters as negative as some of ours.

Edit just twigged it's that old fella who used to support us and jumped ship to the dark side.

Now get your binoculars out and have a good look at the table
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:27]

This ^

Kin ell top of the league 10 games in & we still have negativity.
10 games in on 23:19 - Oct 2 with 3714 viewsTNT

10 games in on 22:54 - Oct 2 by felixstowe_jack

Fair dos to the scum they had a 3-0 win with only 27% possession. They managed 4 shots 3 of which went in.

Did they manage to keep the ball on the pitch for more than 40 minutes this time?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024