Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 21:43 - Oct 2 with 8511 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We said that would be the sign of where we are

I’m still not sure we’re the best team in the league but we’ve shown some qualities this year I wasn’t expecting

Now onto the next 10!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 games in on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 1840 viewsTNT

We could / should have more points than we do have. Still, top of the League eh?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

10 games in on 23:42 - Oct 2 with 1789 viewsNotLoyal

10 games in on 21:49 - Oct 2 by Nortbankboy

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us
But it's not always the best team that wins it

It's actually not possible, the team at the top of the league is the best team in the league. There's no other way of showing it. As for Preston. 🙄

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

10 games in on 00:06 - Oct 3 with 1757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10 games in on 23:15 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

This ^

Kin ell top of the league 10 games in & we still have negativity.

Not a negative but if only we’d held on to our lead against Reading 😔

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 games in on 00:17 - Oct 3 with 1748 viewsWarwickHunt

10 games in on 00:06 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Not a negative but if only we’d held on to our lead against Reading 😔

We’d be top of the league. Oh, hold on...
10 games in on 00:47 - Oct 3 with 1729 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10 games in on 00:17 - Oct 3 by WarwickHunt

We’d be top of the league. Oh, hold on...

3 points clear !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 games in on 01:26 - Oct 3 with 1707 viewsItchySphincter

Chuffed I am.

If I was to nitpick I would say I'd like to see a little more possession but couldn't be much happier really.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

10 games in on 01:33 - Oct 3 with 1702 viewsTimTtam

The best thing about being where we are, is that we can afford to have another bad run of form. Also, in the second half of last season I thought we were one of the best teams. It was just the fact that we were down at 15th, and had to work our way up to 10th.

As I said in another thread, we need to stay in or around the top 2 for as long as possible. As we do, some of the teams like Bristol and Preston may slip up and have bad runs of form. The top 6 starts to take shape fairly soon, and it doesn't change too much once it is formed.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

10 games in on 04:43 - Oct 3 with 1656 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Also of note: the average current table position of our first 10 opponents is 10.2, 2nd highest in the league. Meanwhile, for Cardiff it's 15.7, dead last.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 05:16 - Oct 3 with 1643 viewsDr_Winston

10 games in on 22:32 - Oct 2 by thornabyswan

If we can all see we are missing some bite in midfield Cooper Marsh Leon and Birch will see it as well.

Last time we got promoted Sinclair and Borini pushed us over the line

This time we need a different type of player.

But we have a very good chance of going up this season.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:35]

Last time we got promoted had Rodgers moved Dobbie into that AM role 10-15 games sooner we would probably have been promoted automatically. Doesn't always take a major change to turn a good side into an excellent one.

Here's hoping Cooper stumbles upon a similar tweak soon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10 games in on 06:46 - Oct 3 with 1607 viewsCooperman

10 games in on 05:16 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Last time we got promoted had Rodgers moved Dobbie into that AM role 10-15 games sooner we would probably have been promoted automatically. Doesn't always take a major change to turn a good side into an excellent one.

Here's hoping Cooper stumbles upon a similar tweak soon.

I think the key this season is working out what to do with Celina and / or Ayew.

What gets built around this is then reasonably predictable.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

10 games in on 06:47 - Oct 3 with 1604 viewsjack247

10 games in on 22:58 - Oct 2 by Nortbankboy

Very happy so far this season.

I don't go overboard when we win
And I'm not like a drama queen when we lose.

But I would like to see our wingers getting game time.
More exciting playing with width

Did you not think it was an exciting game last night?

If you’re going to play out and out wingers, you have to drop at least one of Celina and Ayew, or Baston if you played Ayew up front.
10 games in on 06:51 - Oct 3 with 1602 viewsDr_Winston

10 games in on 06:46 - Oct 3 by Cooperman

I think the key this season is working out what to do with Celina and / or Ayew.

What gets built around this is then reasonably predictable.

Perhaps. Still tend to think that the middle of the park is key, as what goes on there affects both Celina and Ayew regardless of where we utilize them.

By far the most encouraging thing for me is how much room for improvement there clearly still is in the tank. There are a number of players we've barely seen so far with plenty to contribute.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10 games in on 06:57 - Oct 3 with 1597 viewsCooperman

10 games in on 06:51 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Perhaps. Still tend to think that the middle of the park is key, as what goes on there affects both Celina and Ayew regardless of where we utilize them.

By far the most encouraging thing for me is how much room for improvement there clearly still is in the tank. There are a number of players we've barely seen so far with plenty to contribute.

I agree, the midfield pairing is important but I’m not expecting a massive overhaul of playing staff come January. I think Cooper knows his favoured options here and his puzzle is how to play both Ayew and Celina in their best positions.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

10 games in on 07:20 - Oct 3 with 1575 viewsDr_Winston

10 games in on 06:57 - Oct 3 by Cooperman

I agree, the midfield pairing is important but I’m not expecting a massive overhaul of playing staff come January. I think Cooper knows his favoured options here and his puzzle is how to play both Ayew and Celina in their best positions.

Won't take a massive overhaul. One player in the middle. Maybe two.

Think he'll have to push Celina into the centre eventually, but as long as the team is well organised Ayew is perfectly capable of contributing a hell of a lot from where he is.

10 games in on 09:49 - Oct 3 with 1491 viewsdickythorpe

Early March is where it hots up. Historically a side in the bottom half goes on winning run of 5-6 games and threatens the play offs.
Many unexpected results in this league as well.

It's entertaining and never over until fat lady sings.
10 games in on 15:56 - Oct 3 with 1383 viewsJJJack

10 games in on 04:43 - Oct 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

Also of note: the average current table position of our first 10 opponents is 10.2, 2nd highest in the league. Meanwhile, for Cardiff it's 15.7, dead last.

Thanks for that nugget. Interesting!
10 games in on 16:20 - Oct 3 with 1358 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 15:56 - Oct 3 by JJJack

Thanks for that nugget. Interesting!

Not really. We couldn't beat Reading, who are pretty much cannon fodder on that basis. Nothing is easy in this league.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

10 games in on 16:46 - Oct 3 with 1333 viewsThornburyswan

Much better placed than I thought we’d be after 10 matches both in results & playing style - well done to all involved . . . . . . where we sit after the next 10/12 will be very interesting to see if our American friends will support Cooper in Jan.

For me a young Leon plus some pace up top or out wide would be very helpful for the second half of the season.

PS I currently see Leeds, WBA & Fulham as stronger.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 16:49]
10 games in on 17:00 - Oct 3 with 1320 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Outstanding start, miles better than I would have expected with some brilliant surprises, Ayew and Baston both here and playing so well, but I have always maintained it's a squad game and that we will fade from December on.

I am already happy anyway, the Manager has come in and completely surprised me and done an outstanding job so far!

Where will we be 20 games in?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 17:07]
10 games in on 17:09 - Oct 3 with 1301 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 16:20 - Oct 3 by monmouth

Not really. We couldn't beat Reading, who are pretty much cannon fodder on that basis. Nothing is easy in this league.

Ah f*ck it. No it is interesting. We've played the cream of the division and are top. Cruddo have played the arse end and are mid table.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

10 games in on 17:21 - Oct 3 with 1293 viewsTimTtam

Mentioned it in another thread, but in the past 7 seasons in the Championship, the league leaders after 10 games have gone on to either get automatically promoted, or make playoffs. We are in with a very good chance of making the top 6.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

10 games in on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 1266 viewsGlyn1

10 games in on 21:49 - Oct 2 by Nortbankboy

I would say
Wba
Leeds
Forrest
Preston
Are all better than us
But it's not always the best team that wins it

What have you got against Fulham?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

10 games in on 18:21 - Oct 3 with 1249 viewsGlyn1

Good to know. Is it Nottingham Forest who had the toughest sequence?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

10 games in on 19:20 - Oct 3 with 1201 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 games in on 18:21 - Oct 3 by Glyn1

Good to know. Is it Nottingham Forest who had the toughest sequence?

Yes - 9.7

Worth noting on the first table - total opponents' points include the fixtures against the club itself. So, our 10 opponents have the most total points in the league in spite of the fact they only have 6 of them against us (1 win 3 draws).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 games in on 19:29 - Oct 3 with 1183 viewsGowerjack

More Cardiff obsession.

FFS you'd probably never heard of the place 10 years ago.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024