Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 21:43 - Oct 2 with 8657 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We said that would be the sign of where we are

I’m still not sure we’re the best team in the league but we’ve shown some qualities this year I wasn’t expecting

Now onto the next 10!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 games in on 19:37 - Oct 3 with 1421 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 games in on 19:29 - Oct 3 by Gowerjack

More Cardiff obsession.

FFS you'd probably never heard of the place 10 years ago.

I'm obsessed with Cardiff?

Uh, no, I just thought it would be of interest to note that, while Swansea City have had the hardest schedule in the league so far, Swansea's biggest rivals had the easiest one.

Do you need a hug or something?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 19:38]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 games in on 19:42 - Oct 3 with 1401 viewsCooperman

More Cardiff obsession.

What did he say to deserve that response?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

10 games in on 19:44 - Oct 3 with 1389 viewsCooperman

10 games in on 07:20 - Oct 3 by Dr_Winston

Won't take a massive overhaul. One player in the middle. Maybe two.

Think he'll have to push Celina into the centre eventually, but as long as the team is well organised Ayew is perfectly capable of contributing a hell of a lot from where he is.

I think he may pursue a replacement for Fulton. As for Ayew, where do you think his best position is?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

10 games in on 19:45 - Oct 3 with 1386 viewsGowerjack

10 games in on 19:37 - Oct 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm obsessed with Cardiff?

Uh, no, I just thought it would be of interest to note that, while Swansea City have had the hardest schedule in the league so far, Swansea's biggest rivals had the easiest one.

Do you need a hug or something?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 19:38]

Then why mention it

If it had been any other team you wouldn't have bothered.

We are top of the league and yet loads on here are obsessed with our five fingered cousins.

Personally I couldn't give a flying fućk about them unless we are playing them.

And I'm Swansea born & bred so I've got much more reason than you to feel strongly about them.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

10 games in on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 1364 viewsDr_Winston

10 games in on 19:45 - Oct 3 by Gowerjack

Then why mention it

We are top of the league and yet loads on here are obsessed with our five fingered cousins.

And I'm Swansea born & bred so I've got much more reason than you to feel strongly about them.

Bit of an assumption that isn't it? Tummer may well have mentioned which team had had the "easiest" start. Just so happens that it's Cardiff, which is of additional interest to many.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

10 games in on 19:49 - Oct 3 with 1363 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Then why mention it

Actually, I don't feel strongly about them. I fully admit that. Personally, I hate at least two other clubs in our current league more than Cardiff (Leeds and Stoke). And I hate several PL clubs more than any of them.

But I know others on this forum obviously do, so that's why I bothered to mention it.

Have a drink or something, please.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 games in on 20:01 - Oct 3 with 1341 viewsCaptain_Sham

10 games in on 22:07 - Oct 2 by monmouth

When have we folded previously after a start like this?

Flynns first full season. Yoraths first season. Granted we didn't start this well either season. (With Yoraths team we but were ten points clear in a promotion place in Feb, didn't win another game and didn't even make the play-offs)
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 20:04]

Its just a ride.

10 games in on 20:27 - Oct 3 with 1298 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 20:01 - Oct 3 by Captain_Sham

Flynns first full season. Yoraths first season. Granted we didn't start this well either season. (With Yoraths team we but were ten points clear in a promotion place in Feb, didn't win another game and didn't even make the play-offs)
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 20:04]

I suppose he did say ‘previously’. I was reading that as if it were recent or common. Was the Yorath one the year we beat Northampton away then went to the dogs. I can barely remember that now. It is a good reminder that it’s never done until it’s done though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 20:48 - Oct 3 with 1276 viewsCaptain_Sham

10 games in on 20:27 - Oct 3 by monmouth

I suppose he did say ‘previously’. I was reading that as if it were recent or common. Was the Yorath one the year we beat Northampton away then went to the dogs. I can barely remember that now. It is a good reminder that it’s never done until it’s done though.

Yup that's the very one. That's the last game we won that season.

Its just a ride.

10 games in on 21:42 - Oct 3 with 1217 viewsTNT

Then why mention it

Many Swansea born and bred don't support us. Tummer does, fair play. Met him briefly at a Swans game a few years ago. I respect the guy for coming over to watch us. Anyone who has a dig at Cardiff are ok by me, too.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

10 games in on 21:46 - Oct 3 with 1212 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 games in on 21:42 - Oct 3 by TNT

Many Swansea born and bred don't support us. Tummer does, fair play. Met him briefly at a Swans game a few years ago. I respect the guy for coming over to watch us. Anyone who has a dig at Cardiff are ok by me, too.

Thanks TNT. Please remind me, where did I meet you? Was I with my better half, having a beer during halftime at Old Trafford?

10 games in on 21:48 - Oct 3 with 1206 viewsTNT

10 games in on 21:46 - Oct 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

Thanks TNT. Please remind me, where did I meet you? Was I with my better half, having a beer during halftime at Old Trafford?

Correct mate.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

10 games in on 23:26 - Oct 3 with 1150 viewsDJack

More Cardiff obsession.

Crikey GJ, that's not like you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

10 games in on 23:56 - Oct 3 with 1132 viewsTummer_from_Texas

10 games in on 21:48 - Oct 3 by TNT

Correct mate.

Ah yes, I remember.

I got such a great welcome from so many people in Swansea, London, and Manchester. The one and only time Melinda felt like she's with a rock star, LOL.

10 games in on 00:17 - Oct 4 with 1109 viewsploppy

Then why mention it

Can you tell us where exactly you need to have been born and bred to be a bona fide Swansea supporter and "feel strongly" about Cardiff (whatever that means)? I'm getting a bit worried because I may not qualify. I mean, does it have to be in the town? Or just south of Morriston? Anywhere in the Swansea Valley? I may have been an impostor all these years.
10 games in on 00:55 - Oct 4 with 1093 viewsBrynmill_Jack

10 games in on 00:17 - Oct 4 by ploppy

Can you tell us where exactly you need to have been born and bred to be a bona fide Swansea supporter and "feel strongly" about Cardiff (whatever that means)? I'm getting a bit worried because I may not qualify. I mean, does it have to be in the town? Or just south of Morriston? Anywhere in the Swansea Valley? I may have been an impostor all these years.

Or the Gower

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 games in on 08:06 - Oct 4 with 971 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 00:17 - Oct 4 by ploppy

He’s right though isn’t he? If you aren’t actually connected with the area or the history between the two, you might fall in love with Swansea but it’s not that logical to be overly concerned with Cardiff?

Then again I suppose all the plastic Swansea based Scouses ‘hate’ ManYou and vice versa so it isn’t really a surprise. I’m not calling Tummer a plastic at all by the way, just thinking how old non-personal hatreds are absorbed by new people. The likes of Trump and Johnson are relying on the same phenomenon in their scummy shitbag way.

Anyway, not an issue at all for me. Anyone who hates those c*nts has my full support on the matter.

10 games in on 08:16 - Oct 4 with 958 views34dfgdf54

10 games in on 08:06 - Oct 4 by monmouth

He’s right though isn’t he? If you aren’t actually connected with the area or the history between the two, you might fall in love with Swansea but it’s not that logical to be overly concerned with Cardiff?

Then again I suppose all the plastic Swansea based Scouses ‘hate’ ManYou and vice versa so it isn’t really a surprise. I’m not calling Tummer a plastic at all by the way, just thinking how old non-personal hatreds are absorbed by new people. The likes of Trump and Johnson are relying on the same phenomenon in their scummy shitbag way.

Anyway, not an issue at all for me. Anyone who hates those c*nts has my full support on the matter.

What?

So you think Arsenal fans from this neck of the woods don’t despise Spurs for example as they aren’t from North London? It’s rivalry between two clubs which the supporters will buy into.

Was a poor post by GJ but he’s one of the better guys on here so I’m putting it down to him having a bad day or something.
10 games in on 08:43 - Oct 4 with 942 viewsMrSwerve

10 games in on 08:16 - Oct 4 by 34dfgdf54

What?

So you think Arsenal fans from this neck of the woods don’t despise Spurs for example as they aren’t from North London? It’s rivalry between two clubs which the supporters will buy into.

Was a poor post by GJ but he’s one of the better guys on here so I’m putting it down to him having a bad day or something.

I’m not quite sure why many on here go out of their way to say how much they don’t care about the Cardiff rivalry. Rivalry is what makes the sport great. As you say, supporters will buy into a rivalry wherever they are from.

People who say that, when looking through the tables on a Saturday night, they don’t keep half an eye on where Cardiff are, are lying.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

10 games in on 08:44 - Oct 4 with 941 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What?

Correct. Although being born into this rivalry, growing up with it and having to put up with your club routinely ignored by the so called Welsh national (aka their) media etc etc gives it a more visceral edge undoubtedly.

GJ has overreacted though, every swans fan has the right to hate the win f*ckalls since 1927 . It’s a given. And I would have thought that with their filthy shameless wrangling over a transfer fee which they signed up to but now don’t want to pay because the poor guy tragically lost his life - you no longer need even be a Swansea fan to hate them. Just a fan of humanity maybe?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

10 games in on 10:13 - Oct 4 with 904 viewsmonmouth

What?

No, I’ve said exactly what you have. I’ve just said it’s not very logical.

10 games in on 10:37 - Oct 4 with 879 viewsjack247

As far as I’m concerned, a fan born and bred here, particularly anyone about when we used to play them regularly, not giving a toss about Cardiff is far stranger than an adopted Jack also adopting a dislike for them.

We can all pretend they are irrelevant and it’s just another game, but how many of us honestly don’t look out for their result or enjoy it when they lose.
10 games in on 11:05 - Oct 4 with 862 viewsTimTtam

I was born in Australia, still live here, have never left the country let alone visited Wales, and didn't even follow football 5 years ago, but I hate the scum with a passion. In all sports, they are the team I hate the most.

You don't have to be connected to Wales to hate Cardiff. From the moment I discovered they were a team, I disliked them (not sure why), and then I learned more about them and it grew into what it is now.

You don't need to be connected to Wales to follow Swansea either. When I decided to support Swansea, I stuck to it, and over time my support grew and grew until today, it's borderline obsessive. Waking up on Wed/Thurs mornings to see the midweek game scores makes me nervous af.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

10 games in on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 838 viewsGowerjack

And quite what it's got to do with you living in feckin Monmouth escapes me...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

10 games in on 12:17 - Oct 4 with 828 viewsmonmouth

10 games in on 12:14 - Oct 4 by Gowerjack

And quite what it's got to do with you living in feckin Monmouth escapes me...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024