Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 21:43 - Oct 2 with 8678 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

We said that would be the sign of where we are

I’m still not sure we’re the best team in the league but we’ve shown some qualities this year I wasn’t expecting

Now onto the next 10!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 games in on 13:40 - Oct 4 with 666 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Again to be clear (and I've stated before that it's the one way I'll never be a complete "Jack"), I don't hate Cardiff. My only reasons for disliking them at all are 1), I'm supposed to (a shallow reason) and 2), their continued insistence that they are still the biggest Welsh club in football when that clearly isn't the case anymore.

However, my tepid dislike for them is offset by the fact they are also Welsh. For me, it's a friendly rivalry that's good for both clubs. So again, I just pointed out that they've had the easiest schedule so far because I figured that might be of interest to others.

The two clubs I hate in the Championship are Leeds (mostly for their insufferably arrogant and entitled supporters) and Stoke (for the club itself).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 games in on 13:52 - Oct 4 with 648 viewskarnataka

10 games in on 10:37 - Oct 4 by jack247

As far as I’m concerned, a fan born and bred here, particularly anyone about when we used to play them regularly, not giving a toss about Cardiff is far stranger than an adopted Jack also adopting a dislike for them.

We can all pretend they are irrelevant and it’s just another game, but how many of us honestly don’t look out for their result or enjoy it when they lose.

I agree with most of that. Rivalry is one thing, hatred is something else altogether. I want Swansea to be the top club in Wales, I like that, it's sporting rivalry, it's pride in your club. But I don't hate anybody in football as football is not sufficiently significant in world terms to get me that negatively worked up. There are a few clubs I dislike for various reasons and Cardiff is just one of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024