Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread 22:07 - Oct 2 with 32971 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 12:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 2096 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

Nathan Jones went for the win on 65 mins when he sent on Vokes and Hogan. He knew we were there for the taking and went for the jugular. No playing for the 1 point when 3 points were available.

We were p1ss poor, but Stoke were superior in every dept and deserved the win. Joe Allen ran the game. MoM

The thing is though is that Stoke had nothing to lose. They could afford to throw everything at us because settling for a draw was only a little better than losing.

I’m not making excuses for our performance which seems to be regarded unanimously on this forum tonight.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:39 - Oct 5 with 2094 viewsCaptain_Sham

Joe Allen played really well. The mahoosive cnt.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:43 - Oct 5 with 2046 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:39 - Oct 5 by Captain_Sham

Joe Allen played really well. The mahoosive cnt.

Said this in another thread.

Joe Allen was everything we haven't got. Whilst that praise does have to be tempered with the knowledge that it was our non existent midfield he was up against, he tackled, swept up, passed quickly and accurately and ran the ball himself if needs be.

We desperately need a player of a similar ilk.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:44 - Oct 5 with 2045 viewsblackpooljack

Is there anyone on here who has Walthams ear. Just to get him to ask Cooper why he persists on playing Celina on wing. SC says he watched most of our games last year if that was the case why couldnt he see the difference playing Wayne and Nathan made to the team. As it stands BC is wasting 90 mins of his life each week.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 17:45]
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 1986 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:43 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Joe Allen was everything we haven't got. Whilst that praise does have to be tempered with the knowledge that it was our non existent midfield he was up against, he tackled, swept up, passed quickly and accurately and ran the ball himself if needs be.

We’ve got Jay Fulton mun, relax
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:03 - Oct 5 with 1944 viewsangryjack

Like I said in another thread the sooner we all realize that we are a mid table side in a false position we might get some reality back and not expect too much also we are too predictable play the same system week in week out and not much change in personnel teams will have us sussed we been lucky and had a lot luck this season with results games we won could gone either way.also stoke are in a false position as well .
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 5 with 1924 viewsAnotherJohn

I noticed that a couple of the old hands warned this might happen with the Swans and Stoke, and so it did. Four or five did not turn up today, and it cost us. The usual (home) problem of creativity in midfield was again evident. One positive was Ayew scoring.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 5 with 1889 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:07 - Oct 5 by AnotherJohn

I noticed that a couple of the old hands warned this might happen with the Swans and Stoke, and so it did. Four or five did not turn up today, and it cost us. The usual (home) problem of creativity in midfield was again evident. One positive was Ayew scoring.

I would say it was more like 8 or 9 than 5 or 6. Saying that not 1 of them could say they did a good job today... not 1 and if Fulton wasnt seen anywhere near the 1st team again this season then i'm fine with that
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 18:19]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:26 - Oct 5 with 1835 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Jesus that was disappointing today. We didn't look like scoring in the 2nd half and I did the ultimate sin, I left early.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:28 - Oct 5 with 1811 viewstheloneranger

Many fans sensed this would happen today ...

It's "THE SWANSEA WAY"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 1787 viewsSwanseaman

Our players looked exhausted today.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:31 - Oct 5 with 1775 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:30 - Oct 5 by Swanseaman

Our players looked exhausted today.

I thought that. Like running on mud.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:42 - Oct 5 with 1688 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:43 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

He was everything that Fulton and Grimes weren't.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:43 - Oct 5 with 1691 viewsbluenile

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:22 - Oct 5 by LeonWasGod

I recognise a lot of that. Not sure what your Connor reference is aimed at; for me he he’s not the problem but has feck all support. Ayew goes MIA far too often. Connor gets the ball and more often than not Ayew is 30 yards away with 2 opposition players between them. Fulton won’t move to give him an outlet. No wonder he throws his hands up all the time. I’m sure he’d love to pass to one of ours, just needs the chance.

You can kind of mirror this on the other side, but in inverse. Bidwell getting pissed off the Celina wasn’t making runs in behind, but he should know that’s not Celina’s game.

#playinglikestrangers
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 17:31]

If you think Connor is half decent then you know feck all about football. He's been dire for almost 12 months. As someone who almost ALWAYS passes the ball back, he makes Neil Taylor look like a sharpshooting striker!!! You can see that he believes his own hype by the way he dropped bollock after bollock whilst still blaming all around him!! He can feck off whenever he wants.
On a different note, when the opposition stop us playing out from the back, off the keeper, by simply putting three men on the edge of the area, realise that you DON'T HAVE to play it out from there EVERY TIME!! Feck me, it's not rocket science. Vary the bluddy thing!!
On yet another note, Grimes is captain, so maybe he needs to start behaving like one, and start dishing out some bollockings to players who resemble Greek statues, and if he can't or won't do it, then VDH had better have a go. A powder puff midfield, without the neccessary dog won't cut it against teams who "want it" more than we do, which appears to be every home game now. Truly pitiful from a team and coaching point of view.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 18:46]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:47 - Oct 5 with 1666 viewsskettyparkherbert

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 18:43 - Oct 5 by bluenile

If you think Connor is half decent then you know feck all about football. He's been dire for almost 12 months. As someone who almost ALWAYS passes the ball back, he makes Neil Taylor look like a sharpshooting striker!!! You can see that he believes his own hype by the way he dropped bollock after bollock whilst still blaming all around him!! He can feck off whenever he wants.
On a different note, when the opposition stop us playing out from the back, off the keeper, by simply putting three men on the edge of the area, realise that you DON'T HAVE to play it out from there EVERY TIME!! Feck me, it's not rocket science. Vary the bluddy thing!!
On yet another note, Grimes is captain, so maybe he needs to start behaving like one, and start dishing out some bollockings to players who resemble Greek statues, and if he can't or won't do it, then VDH had better have a go. A powder puff midfield, without the neccessary dog won't cut it against teams who "want it" more than we do, which appears to be every home game now. Truly pitiful from a team and coaching point of view.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 18:46]

Here, here, bang on fella.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 1601 viewsswan65split

That was poor, but you can tag that along with our expected result, top of th e league,playing bottom, 2 ex players, one was pure crap for us and cost a lotta, yep odds on to happen .....wonder if anyone made a buck or 2 on a bet?
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 5 with 1583 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:01 - Oct 5 by swan65split

That was poor, but you can tag that along with our expected result, top of th e league,playing bottom, 2 ex players, one was pure crap for us and cost a lotta, yep odds on to happen .....wonder if anyone made a buck or 2 on a bet?

And Carter-Vickers

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 1582 viewsmonmouth

Oh well. I expected 3 points from those two games, but not that way!

That was terrible, everyone just about had a stinker after the first minute. Stoke were better. They'd have been done if they hadn't got the three. I admire the way they fought today. They were certainly playing for their manager after all the talk. But it really helped them that we lacked everything today (and I emphasise today). Skill, bite, heart, ideas, wits, courage, strength accuracy. You name it we didn't have it.

We desperately need more crispness and pace. There is really no point allowing teams to press to the half way line because they know we are too slow to exploit it. Even having Garrick stood on the halfway line would have pushed them back ten yards and created more space for us to play out if he had done nothing else. But this taking 3 touches and players hiding behind the opposition simply has to stop. Stoke showed us how to play crisp one touch balls through the lines today.

Anyhoo. I'd have bitten your hand off for 21 points from 11 games, so just take a deep breath and come back refreshed for the next 11. That's what I'm going to do.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:32 - Oct 5 with 1479 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:54 - Oct 5 by LeonWasGod

We’ve got Jay Fulton mun, relax

No matter how bad Fulton was, how the f*ck was lightweight Dhanda kept on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:42 - Oct 5 with 1431 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:32 - Oct 5 by Flashberryjack

No matter how bad Fulton was, how the f*ck was lightweight Dhanda kept on.

What was he thinking tripping the geezer up when he was going nowhere 🤷‍♂️🙉

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:00 - Oct 5 with 1376 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 19:06 - Oct 5 by Swanseaman

And Carter-Vickers

The Abacus
its on my Xmas list
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 20:03]
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:01 - Oct 5 with 1374 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If he’s that good why are Stoke where they are? All their fans want rid of him but all of a sudden one good game against us and he’s Pele? Get a f*cking grip. We allowed them through our own errors and continued loss of possession to win the game. Not rocket science .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:05 - Oct 5 with 1362 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:01 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

If he’s that good why are Stoke where they are? All their fans want rid of him but all of a sudden one good game against us and he’s Pele? Get a f*cking grip. We allowed them through our own errors and continued loss of possession to win the game. Not rocket science .

Like I said (which is why I said it) it was our midfield he was up against.

Is Joe Allen all that? Probably not. Did we make him look awesome today and would he immediately improve the shite midfield we do have? Probably yes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:20 - Oct 5 with 1308 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:05 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

Like I said (which is why I said it) it was our midfield he was up against.

Is Joe Allen all that? Probably not. Did we make him look awesome today and would he immediately improve the shite midfield we do have? Probably yes.

Your last question, there’s no probably about it.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:21 - Oct 5 with 1305 viewsblackpooljack

Personally i would take the captaincy off Grimesy and give it back to its rightful owner whether its weighing to much on the shoulders on MG i couldnt say but one thing is for sure he was/is never a better capt than VDH.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024