Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread 22:07 - Oct 2 with 33002 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 12:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 00:16 - Oct 5 with 2176 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 21:56 - Oct 4 by Ebo

I almost feel sorry for Stoke fans.

That is one sad sorry mess of a guy. We should be fckn leathering this lot.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 00:29 - Oct 5 with 2158 viewsSwanseaman

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 00:16 - Oct 5 by sainthelens

That is one sad sorry mess of a guy. We should be fckn leathering this lot.

His head seems completely shot.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 00:56 - Oct 5 with 2133 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 20:54 - Oct 4 by Badlands

I'm going for 4 - 0 with Clucas being sent off ely in the second half.

Some bloke called Max from Loughor used to be Dean of Ely in the 1970s. Just sayin.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 02:20 - Oct 5 with 2099 viewsdameedna

Played well last game. No changes.Win.

Good chance for Carroll to get 30 minutes under his belt.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 05:27 - Oct 5 with 2064 viewsTimTtam

Just had a look at the Stoke forum, and the only sort of positivity was coupled with sarcasm that they'd go on a 26-game winning run...

If we attack them with speed, we may be able to get one of them sent off. I know we don't have Dan anymore, but he got them down to 9 men last time we played them.

I feel we're due to win a penalty soon too. We've only had 1, and it was when the Birmingham game was already won.

I did this last time and the optimistic score was correct, so I'll do it again:

If I'm optimistic, we win 5-0.

If I'm pessimistic, we lose 1-3.

If I'm realistic, we win 3-1.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 5:35]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 07:37 - Oct 5 with 2012 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 05:27 - Oct 5 by TimTtam

Just had a look at the Stoke forum, and the only sort of positivity was coupled with sarcasm that they'd go on a 26-game winning run...

If we attack them with speed, we may be able to get one of them sent off. I know we don't have Dan anymore, but he got them down to 9 men last time we played them.

I feel we're due to win a penalty soon too. We've only had 1, and it was when the Birmingham game was already won.

I did this last time and the optimistic score was correct, so I'll do it again:

If I'm optimistic, we win 5-0.

If I'm pessimistic, we lose 1-3.

If I'm realistic, we win 3-1.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 5:35]

Ive said it before and i'll say it again if we still had DJ playing for us we'd be 10 pts clear now. It was so plain to see even on Weds that Celina hasn't the pace to get past his man and get a telling cross in God knows why Coops persists with this tactic.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:03 - Oct 5 with 1988 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 07:37 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

Ive said it before and i'll say it again if we still had DJ playing for us we'd be 10 pts clear now. It was so plain to see even on Weds that Celina hasn't the pace to get past his man and get a telling cross in God knows why Coops persists with this tactic.

To be 10 points clear we would have needed TO WIN all ten games. We are not that good even If we still had DJ.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:27 - Oct 5 with 1970 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:03 - Oct 5 by felixstowe_jack

To be 10 points clear we would have needed TO WIN all ten games. We are not that good even If we still had DJ.

I think what BJ is saying is that if we would be good enough to win all 10 games if we had DJ.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:38 - Oct 5 with 1959 viewsJinxy

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 22:25 - Oct 4 by monmouth

F*cking hell

If we lose to a side managed by that mess, we should kick ourselves from Mumbles to Morriston.

Not sure about a mess. He's an interesting character - a devout Christian apparently. That aspect probably makes him perhaps over-honest both in front and behind the cameras, so maybe struggles with not revealing certain things? He's under pressure obviously, which came through when the journalist was asking him about playing more strikers etc.. To me, he seems to believe in what he's doing and is sticking to it.

What worries me is that if he's a pretty decent bloke, then maybe his players will in fact want to play for him (although he was coy about 2 players), and turn it around at some point. He mentions positive stats (I haven't checked), so it may not be quite as straightforward as top side at home plays bottom side with 2 points. The owners are obviously convinced - up to now anyway. Let's hope today isn't the day they turn it around and we have a mare.

I think the bottom line is that if we play well, we should win convincingly regardless of what they do and how they play. I imagine that is the message Cooper has emphasised to our young fledglings - perform well and we can/will beat anyone.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:40 - Oct 5 with 1951 viewsTimTtam

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 07:37 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

If we still had Dan playing for us, we would've had to sell Mike, and Borja & Ayew would be out on loan.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:50 - Oct 5 with 1941 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:03 - Oct 5 by felixstowe_jack

Of course we'd be that good, we had enough chances as it was in 3 of those games to win without DJ. Im totally convinced with the improvement he showed in the back half of last season and his finishing this for Utd he would have ripped up this league for us
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 9:03]
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 09:01 - Oct 5 with 1929 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 08:40 - Oct 5 by TimTtam

If we still had Dan playing for us, we would've had to sell Mike, and Borja & Ayew would be out on loan.

I meant if we'd been able to keep Dan and not had to sell others. I'm not blaming the club for selling him I know it made financial sense. Dan would have given us something that we are desperatley lacking with his pace.and for sure wouldnt have had to keep putting Celina out on the left where he can't beat an egg never mind a man. If you re watch the highlights of weds match again you would notice when Celina tries to beat a man he has to check and pass back to one of two players on the left. If James was playing those players would have been more central to get on the end of a cross rather than a pass. I know we won Weds but its been the same in other games, we are wasting attacking threats by having them recieve passes from Celina instead of them being on the end of a cross
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 09:09 - Oct 5 with 1917 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 09:01 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

I meant if we'd been able to keep Dan and not had to sell others. I'm not blaming the club for selling him I know it made financial sense. Dan would have given us something that we are desperatley lacking with his pace.and for sure wouldnt have had to keep putting Celina out on the left where he can't beat an egg never mind a man. If you re watch the highlights of weds match again you would notice when Celina tries to beat a man he has to check and pass back to one of two players on the left. If James was playing those players would have been more central to get on the end of a cross rather than a pass. I know we won Weds but its been the same in other games, we are wasting attacking threats by having them recieve passes from Celina instead of them being on the end of a cross

One way or another Dan James would have been gone..
All the club could do was get the best price possible for him and they did.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 09:19 - Oct 5 with 1896 viewssainthelens

Whilst I think we'll win, this has a really intriguing look as to how Stoke will approach the game. Surely NJ last chance, so does he go gung ho for a win...or park the bus for a point? Cant see em doing anything inbetween.
If the players aren't behind him, this could be total fckn carnage.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 10:08 - Oct 5 with 1836 viewsLibertarian

Whilst we shouldn’t underestimate Stoke, if we don’t win this, we need to question the mental attitude of the players.

Win 4-0
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 10:12 - Oct 5 with 1828 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 09:01 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

No way in this world we could have afforded to keep DJ and Borja, Ayew and probably VDH.
Celina doesn’t have the pace to beat most but has the brain to play in an overlapping player who will get to the byline.
And don’t forget, Kalulu when fit has pace to burn so when he’s back things may change selection wise.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 10:20 - Oct 5 with 1799 viewsTimTtam

For sure if we had Dan we would be a force to be reckoned with. I don't think we'd be on 30pts, but in that scenario we would be promotion certainties, barring any injuries.

From what I've seen of Celina on the wing, he's not there for pace. Which kind of defeats the purpose of playing him out there. His skills though, mean that he's a good option if we are breaking forward and have to hold up play. And oddly enough when I think about it, that's exactly what Ayew is, but just on the other wing.

When Aldo Kalulu gets fit, watch out.

My name is Matt

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 1723 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 10:08 - Oct 5 by Libertarian

Whilst we shouldn’t underestimate Stoke, if we don’t win this, we need to question the mental attitude of the players.

Win 4-0

Games like this are a nightmare, an accident waiting to happen. I would say score early and settle the nerves but we tried that against Reading. If Byers isn’t playing we’ll win. We’ll have too much going forward with Dhanda at 10.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 1708 viewsHighjack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 10:20 - Oct 5 by TimTtam

For sure if we had Dan we would be a force to be reckoned with. I don't think we'd be on 30pts, but in that scenario we would be promotion certainties, barring any injuries.

From what I've seen of Celina on the wing, he's not there for pace. Which kind of defeats the purpose of playing him out there. His skills though, mean that he's a good option if we are breaking forward and have to hold up play. And oddly enough when I think about it, that's exactly what Ayew is, but just on the other wing.

When Aldo Kalulu gets fit, watch out.

I’d honestly forgotten all about Kalulu.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:23 - Oct 5 with 1683 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:12 - Oct 5 by Highjack

I’d honestly forgotten all about Kalulu.

Kalulu is rapid and has a bit of a dog about him, shame he got injured as imo hes that fast winger we need
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:30 - Oct 5 with 1670 viewsraynor94

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:07 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Games like this are a nightmare, an accident waiting to happen. I would say score early and settle the nerves but we tried that against Reading. If Byers isn’t playing we’ll win. We’ll have too much going forward with Dhanda at 10.

I've got a nagging doubt about this and so have the bookies, my fear is on the law of averages they have to turn it around soon with the players they have.

Just hope today is not the day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:37 - Oct 5 with 1653 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:30 - Oct 5 by raynor94

I've got a nagging doubt about this and so have the bookies, my fear is on the law of averages they have to turn it around soon with the players they have.

Every game's like that though. Forget the table, we have to play our best and the rest is out of our control. We also have very good players, so it could be a very good exciting and entertaining match.

Let the best team - us - win.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 5 with 1607 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:30 - Oct 5 by raynor94

Yes, I was about to say something similar. Just watched the Nathan Jones presser and he mentioned the number of chances they are creating. As you say, law of averages suggests that they will score from them at some point. Hopefully not today.

Players need to be focussed and not treat this game as top v bottom and therefore a walk in the park. It will not be that. Hope they learnt from our last home game and keep the pressure on for 90 mins not 45.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 12:02 - Oct 5 with 1595 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 5 by union_jack

Yes, I was about to say something similar. Just watched the Nathan Jones presser and he mentioned the number of chances they are creating. As you say, law of averages suggests that they will score from them at some point. Hopefully not today.

Players need to be focussed and not treat this game as top v bottom and therefore a walk in the park. It will not be that. Hope they learnt from our last home game and keep the pressure on for 90 mins not 45.

For our sanity, unless we score a winner in injury time, we always need to be two ahead in the last few minutes. We are a nightmare otherwise. Always have been. I’d always hesitate before betting on us to hold one-nil.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 12:51 - Oct 5 with 1494 viewsblackpooljack

Thanks for the maths lesson, how many of the games we lost or drew do you think we had little/no chance of winning, in hindsight ? I'm not DJ's lover or any such thing but cast your minds back to last season 10 games from the end when he/we really clicked we tore several teams a new one and were scoring for fun. He would have scored 20 this season no danger. BUT above all im not saying we should have kept him at all cost i was merely pointing out that if we still had him because he wanted to be here and our financial situation was different ( all pots and pans i know ) then i think he would have made a huge huge difference to the team. Ps thanks for all the down arrows guys reasoned debate is alive and kicking on planet swans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024