Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread 22:07 - Oct 2 with 32773 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 12:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:03 - Oct 5 with 2375 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 5 by swan_si

Just trying to make MrSwerve feel a bit better.

It's not working, but thanks.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 5 with 2325 viewsTimTtam

I looked at the time passed as it was entering the 89th minute, and knew what was about to happen.

I didn't get to see many of the early games we played this season, so forgive me for asking, how have we won 6 games? The midfield is physically and mentally weak and second best every time I've watched.

So many backward passes. I can understand passing backwards to play out from the back, but what's the point passing backwards just so Woodman can hoof it downfield?

When Stoke got the ball they had so much time and space. Our 'press' is pathetic. The players are clearly terrible at it, so why even bother. Then when we had the ball, we were rushed and under pressure always.

The last 3 games I've watched have seen an 85th-minute winner, 90th-minute equaliser, and 90th-minute winner. I was going to say I'm not watching next week, but there is no next week...

My optimism with the team is gone. The fact that Dhanda was our best attacking threat is damning.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 2327 viewsblackpooljack

I certainly prefered the way we played under Potter at times than this. All 11 of them need to look in the mirror and ask themselves a few questions. Heres a few for a start. 1. Why do i hit a 10 yrd pass as hard as i can so my reciever has f all chance of controling it. 2. When receiving a pass on the edge of the box from my keeper who has just bypassed 3 oppo players do i turn and put it back into him thus enabling the said 3 players to get back ball side. 3. My name is C. Roberts so why can't i pass to a Swans player. 4. Why am i not allowed to get into the oppo box and why must my keeper have at least 1 touch every time we get into oppo half. 5. Do i deserve my pay packet this week. Those will do for a start. And going back to a post i did earlier even having DJ in the side wouldnt have helped that pile of shìte, that was the worst performance ive seen in a long long time ( and yes ive seen most in one form or another )totally and utterly gutless..
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 17:12]
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 2316 viewsjack2jack

Well they did a job on us today,harried and pressed us all afternoon, we were off the pace,sloppy passing,weak in the tackles.
Bad day at the office, but we need to learn quickly, that there are no easy games.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 2314 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 5 by dickythorpe

It's the Swansea way!

Unbelievable.

I can't complain about losing. Stoke deserved it. Plenty of competitors out there for them, where were ours?

We started believing in our own b*llocks. “Oh look, we are top of the league, no need to try too hard it’s a formality. Where shall we go tonight for our post match p1ss up”.

I have to look well into the past to think of a more inept display than that one today and I’m not exaggerating. It was that poor.

Cooper has to take the flack and ram it down our throats next game.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 with 2310 viewsdickythorpe

We've dropped 8 points in last 3 home games.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 5 with 2298 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

I certainly prefered the way we played under Potter at times than this. All 11 of them need to look in the mirror and ask themselves a few questions. Heres a few for a start. 1. Why do i hit a 10 yrd pass as hard as i can so my reciever has f all chance of controling it. 2. When receiving a pass on the edge of the box from my keeper who has just bypassed 3 oppo players do i turn and put it back into him thus enabling the said 3 players to get back ball side. 3. My name is C. Roberts so why can't i pass to a Swans player. 4. Why am i not allowed to get into the oppo box and why must my keeper have at least 1 touch every time we get into oppo half. 5. Do i deserve my pay packet this week. Those will do for a start. And going back to a post i did earlier even having DJ in the side wouldnt have helped that pile of shìte, that was the worst performance ive seen in a long long time ( and yes ive seen most in one form or another )totally and utterly gutless..

Hard to disgaree with any of those points 1-5 tbh

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:08 - Oct 5 with 2275 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 5 by PozuelosSideys

We will have the same conversation as we had after the Reading game. That system and personnel works away as there is space cos teams attack us. At home we need width and to shuffle the player positions. Nothing will change otherwise.

Understandable why he went the same today after Charlton, but he needs to learn pronto.

He needs to change his mantra of no ranting and raving.

To be a good coach you need to be aggressive, cooperative and submissive.

Cooper needs to change as some of these players need a great big FVCKING ROCKET shoved up their @rses.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 2245 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 by dickythorpe

We've dropped 8 points in last 3 home games.

On today’s performance I look at it more that we’ve gained 1 point Dicky🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 2239 viewstheloneranger

If you haven't scored for a long time ... Play the Swans.

If you haven't won for a long time ... Play the Swans.

Utterly pathetic all round from front to back, a team of cowards. Woodman's distribution was the worst since he signed.

Stoke wanted it more, they deserved all 3 points. The Liberty has gone from a fortress to a "come and collect your free points"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 2231 viewsdickythorpe

Shooting at goal. Why do we have players who blaze shots so high over the bar?
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 2199 viewsdickythorpe

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

Utterly pathetic all round from front to back, a team of cowards. Woodman's distribution was the worst since he signed.

Stoke wanted it more, they deserved all 3 points. The Liberty has gone from a fortress to a "come and collect your free points"

If you leave the swans and can't score , just lump on that you will when you play us.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:13 - Oct 5 with 2198 viewsDrGonzo

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

Bang on. 2nd best all over the pitch for the 3rd game in the row.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 5 with 2175 views3swan

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 5 by dickythorpe

Shooting at goal. Why do we have players who blaze shots so high over the bar?

Many players can't do the basics, and that's just not the Swans
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:15 - Oct 5 with 2148 viewsandypitt56

I called it a banana skin and that's exactly what it was. We need to wise up. We need to start winning at home again.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 5 with 2144 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 by jack2jack

Well they did a job on us today,harried and pressed us all afternoon, we were off the pace,sloppy passing,weak in the tackles.
Bad day at the office, but we need to learn quickly, that there are no easy games.

I respectfully disagree. We have been sloppy but lucky for much of the season, only poor championship strikers have allowed us to get away with it, as the season moves forward teams figure us out quicker, we’ve been Sussed out at home and lack the mental toughness and guile to combat it.

Cooper needs to address it, it’s gonna be a big month for him I think .

The scary thought is what would we look like minus Borja and Ayew

2 players that were never even supposed to be here this season .
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 5 with 2131 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 5 by TimTtam

I looked at the time passed as it was entering the 89th minute, and knew what was about to happen.

I didn't get to see many of the early games we played this season, so forgive me for asking, how have we won 6 games? The midfield is physically and mentally weak and second best every time I've watched.

So many backward passes. I can understand passing backwards to play out from the back, but what's the point passing backwards just so Woodman can hoof it downfield?

When Stoke got the ball they had so much time and space. Our 'press' is pathetic. The players are clearly terrible at it, so why even bother. Then when we had the ball, we were rushed and under pressure always.

The last 3 games I've watched have seen an 85th-minute winner, 90th-minute equaliser, and 90th-minute winner. I was going to say I'm not watching next week, but there is no next week...

My optimism with the team is gone. The fact that Dhanda was our best attacking threat is damning.

Nothing wrong with backward passes to reset, it’s the complete lack of options when we’re on the ball (forcing the backward pass). And then it becomes habit.

I’m not a fan of our midfield at the moment. There’s no drive in there. We lack a Fer/Pratley type player who’s prepared to take control, push us on and do the ‘clever’ stuff when needed.

We lack partnerships in the middle and down both flanks too (that’s why I said earlier they’re playing like strangers). Stoke pressed high. If we were on our game, that’s an ideal opportunity to play through them and start attacks. But we don’t know how.

Worrying signs for Cooper imo. I wonder how much he’s relying on Potter’s work, as I’m seeing little to suggest he’s improving our play. I know that sounds weird when we’re up the top, but there are worrying signs imo (as there were with Monk despite results).
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 5 with 2110 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 5 by PozuelosSideys

We will have the same conversation as we had after the Reading game. That system and personnel works away as there is space cos teams attack us. At home we need width and to shuffle the player positions. Nothing will change otherwise.

Understandable why he went the same today after Charlton, but he needs to learn pronto.

Totally agree, we’ve been sussed out at home and cooper needs to change it up ASAP.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 5 with 2105 viewsFireboy2

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:15 - Oct 5 by andypitt56

I called it a banana skin and that's exactly what it was. We need to wise up. We need to start winning at home again.

No sh!t sherlock
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:20 - Oct 5 with 2084 viewsjack2jack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:16 - Oct 5 by icecoldjack

I respectfully disagree. We have been sloppy but lucky for much of the season, only poor championship strikers have allowed us to get away with it, as the season moves forward teams figure us out quicker, we’ve been Sussed out at home and lack the mental toughness and guile to combat it.

Cooper needs to address it, it’s gonna be a big month for him I think .

The scary thought is what would we look like minus Borja and Ayew

2 players that were never even supposed to be here this season .

So you agree with me that we were,right off it today, and need to sort this out.👍
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:22 - Oct 5 with 2057 viewsLuther27

No point in dressing that fvcking crap up. The games been analysed enough on here. That was one of the most inept, incompetent, gutless performance I have seen in a long time.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:22 - Oct 5 with 2046 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 5 by blackpooljack

I recognise a lot of that. Not sure what your Connor reference is aimed at; for me he he’s not the problem but has feck all support. Ayew goes MIA far too often. Connor gets the ball and more often than not Ayew is 30 yards away with 2 opposition players between them. Fulton won’t move to give him an outlet. No wonder he throws his hands up all the time. I’m sure he’d love to pass to one of ours, just needs the chance.

You can kind of mirror this on the other side, but in inverse. Bidwell getting pissed off the Celina wasn’t making runs in behind, but he should know that’s not Celina’s game.

#playinglikestrangers
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 17:31]
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 5 with 2013 viewstheloneranger

Nathan Jones went for the win on 65 mins when he sent on Vokes and Hogan. He knew we were there for the taking and went for the jugular. No playing for the 1 point when 3 points were available.

We were p1ss poor, but Stoke were superior in every dept and deserved the win. Joe Allen ran the game. MoM

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:27 - Oct 5 with 2001 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:20 - Oct 5 by jack2jack

So you agree with me that we were,right off it today, and need to sort this out.👍

Sorry should have clarified, it’s not a bad day at the office for me, it’s been going on a bit longer at home, it’s something that needs re working. That’s what I was disagreeing with , the rest of the post ,like most here today is bang on message, I think we’ve been worked out a bit and cooper needs to start finding solutions to these problems.
The Official Swansea City vs Stoke City Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 5 with 1928 viewsSwanjaxs

Reality check:

Down to 4th after 11 games, nothing to be sniffed at...

And undoubtedly the poorest Championship I can remember 👍

Our best chance (even after today) of getting out of this league even with a waffer thin squad .😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024