Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arguably the best start to a season 09:04 - Oct 3 with 1272 viewsswancity

in the history of the Club

Not sure of the precise stats in terms of points per game ratios etc but taking everything into consideration that’s the best ten game bench mark start I can recall

Incredible. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

By the way Van DerHoorn was a colossus last night and with Celina were the stand out players on that pitch. Our goalkeeper is a marked step up from Nordfeldt and Mulder too and that’s already paid dividends.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Arguably the best start to a season on 09:18 - Oct 3 with 1238 viewsblackpooljack

The only gripe i have with Coops is he should never have taken the captaincy of VDH the guy ( Mikey )may become a club legend if he sticks around long enough.
Arguably the best start to a season on 09:23 - Oct 3 with 1215 viewsSPboy

Depends on the definition of start & how old you are.

Beating Man U & outplaying them at Old Trafford in Louis van Gaal’s first game was a great start to a season when we finished 8th amongst the elite. Beating Leeds 5-1 in our first ever game in the top flight.

Being top of the league after 10 games is an excellent achievement by Cooper. I seem to recall Toshack’s Swans topped the old 1st division after 10 games back in the day also.
Arguably the best start to a season on 09:40 - Oct 3 with 1176 viewsdickythorpe

By all means it's a welcome surprise to see us top but we can become better I feel.
Far more urgency this season than last.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 9:40]
Arguably the best start to a season on 09:56 - Oct 3 with 1140 viewsTimTtam

Arguably the best start to a season on 09:18 - Oct 3 by blackpooljack

The only gripe i have with Coops is he should never have taken the captaincy of VDH the guy ( Mikey )may become a club legend if he sticks around long enough.

I agree Mike is a better captain. But at the time there were rumors that he would be off. And potentially he still will be at the end of the season. Cooper obviously wanted stability in the captaincy.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Arguably the best start to a season on 12:10 - Oct 3 with 1001 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Arguably the best start to a season on 09:56 - Oct 3 by TimTtam

I agree Mike is a better captain. But at the time there were rumors that he would be off. And potentially he still will be at the end of the season. Cooper obviously wanted stability in the captaincy.

It doesn’t send out a good signal if the captaincy is given to a player who was slightly ambiguous about wether he’d stay or not. Cooper got it right.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Arguably the best start to a season on 12:43 - Oct 3 with 954 viewsjacksfullaces

10 games is apparently the benchmark every pundit trots out as the time the table takes on a fair reflection on the state of play.

So a subjective analysis of the table could be anything from flying start by the swans to half the division is much of a muchness ..

See you at 46 ..
Arguably the best start to a season on 12:56 - Oct 3 with 919 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Arguably the best start to a season on 12:43 - Oct 3 by jacksfullaces

10 games is apparently the benchmark every pundit trots out as the time the table takes on a fair reflection on the state of play.

So a subjective analysis of the table could be anything from flying start by the swans to half the division is much of a muchness ..

See you at 46 ..

We’ve played a lot more of the top sides than others. I think this point is key to understanding that we deserve to be where we are. According to the stats Cardiff are yet to play any of the higher placed sides in the division.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Arguably the best start to a season on 16:54 - Oct 3 with 800 viewsTimTtam

Found a good website where you can search for any football league table of any season, on any date.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/

By looking at the table after 10 games in the past 7 seasons, this has been the top 6 after 10 games had been played:
2018: West Brom, Leeds, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United, Norwich, Brentford
2017: Cardiff, Wolves, Sheffield United, Bristol, Leeds, Preston
2016: Huddersfield, Norwich, Newcastle, Brighton, Brentford, Bristol
2015: Brighton, Middlesborough, Reading, Birmingham, Hull, Burnley
2014: Norwich, Nottm Forest, Watford, Derby, Ipswich, Charlton
2013: Burnley, QPR, Leicester, Nottm Forest, Reading, Blackpool
2012: Cardiff, Leicester, Wolves, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Huddersfield

In every season, at least 2 of the top 6 after 10/11 games go on to get promoted. Sometimes it's 3. The leader at the time either makes the playoffs, or gets promoted automatically, every time.

Not jinxing us, but history is on our side, and says at minimum we should make the playoffs.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024