Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the opposition think 10:14 - Oct 3 with 6442 viewsMrSwerve

Some interesting comments...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86973/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What the opposition think on 03:55 - Nov 7 with 828 viewsTimTtam

What the opposition think on 16:34 - Nov 6 by NotLoyal

Is that a quote? Or your view?

I thought our midfield played very well against Cardiff. When the ball was on the ground, we controlled the game well, didn't give the ball away as much as usual, and were able to transition forward much easier than usual. But for the Wigan game, the midfield reverted back to the usual of being too easily pushed off the ball and giving the ball away too often for no particular reason.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

What the opposition think on 05:50 - Nov 7 with 802 viewsDr_Winston

What the opposition think on 03:55 - Nov 7 by TimTtam

I thought our midfield played very well against Cardiff. When the ball was on the ground, we controlled the game well, didn't give the ball away as much as usual, and were able to transition forward much easier than usual. But for the Wigan game, the midfield reverted back to the usual of being too easily pushed off the ball and giving the ball away too often for no particular reason.

Cardiff's midfield was there to pick up the second ball. It didn't have the ability or organisation to do anything else, hence ours looking decent for the first time in months.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What the opposition think on 08:02 - Nov 7 with 765 viewsFireboy2

What the opposition think on 05:50 - Nov 7 by Dr_Winston

Cardiff's midfield was there to pick up the second ball. It didn't have the ability or organisation to do anything else, hence ours looking decent for the first time in months.

One i did notice about Wigan was the lack of movement when we did have the ball, there was also two players making runs into the same area and we were also very indecisive with the ball, whereas in the cardiff game we passed the ball forward and quickly, as the Doc said we reverted back to type. We can afford that this saturday.
What the opposition think on 21:19 - Nov 7 with 671 viewsMrSwerve

Sheff Wed fans on the flooding at Hillsborough...

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/285754-the-rain/

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

What the opposition think on 07:44 - Dec 8 with 523 viewsTimTtam

West Brom - http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=23927.0

Very tough game in the offering. Swansea play some lovely stuff. We'll need to be patient as a crowd and stick with the team as I can see Swansea retaining possession well and causing us a lot of problems with their movement off the ball.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

What the opposition think on 07:59 - Dec 8 with 505 viewsjack247

What the opposition think on 05:50 - Nov 7 by Dr_Winston

Exactly. They didn’t even try to compete in midfield. No guile and no structure. We did well, but it’s easier to pass your way around the shitshow Warnick served up that day than any other team in the division.
What the opposition think on 08:03 - Dec 8 with 502 viewsjack247

What the opposition think on 07:44 - Dec 8 by TimTtam

Very tough game in the offering. Swansea play some lovely stuff. We'll need to be patient as a crowd and stick with the team as I can see Swansea retaining possession well and causing us a lot of problems with their movement off the ball.

They don’t watch us every week.

That opinion has either been formed from watching us last season or five years ago. Movement off the ball, which was the bedrock for the triangles we played under Martinez/Laudrup/Rodgers has declined dramatically. It’s why we don’t create chances like we used to.
What the opposition think on 09:04 - Dec 8 with 465 viewsFireboy2

What the opposition think on 08:03 - Dec 8 by jack247

They don’t watch us every week.

That opinion has either been formed from watching us last season or five years ago. Movement off the ball, which was the bedrock for the triangles we played under Martinez/Laudrup/Rodgers has declined dramatically. It’s why we don’t create chances like we used to.

Its probably from when we played them in the PL.
Login to get fewer ads

What the opposition think on 09:22 - Dec 8 with 447 viewsWhiterockin

What the opposition think on 07:44 - Dec 8 by TimTtam

It is our movement when we have the ball that concerns me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024