Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion 11:51 - Oct 3 with 10327 viewsDarran

Driving a diesel too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:42 - Oct 8 with 1254 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:03 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

You’ll have to show me where, in their list of three demands, that is mentioned.

You seem to be unable to differentiate between a hyped up, adrenaline fuelled speech (bring down all governments type stuff) at one of their events, and the actual aims of the organisation which are fairly simple:

1. Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.
2. Government must act now to halt biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2025.
3. Government must create, and be led by the decisions of, a citizens' assembly on climate and ecological justice.

That’s it. Nothing about overthrowing capitalism.

Have you got the faintest clue about what would be involved in "reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2025", let alone by 2050 as the UK government proposes?
1. already done
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48126677

"3. Government must create, and be led by the decisions of, a citizens' assembly on climate and ecological justice."
is called the UN and IPCC
They are suggesting that a citizens assembly should control what governments do and you would go along with that?

Why do you think those are the 3 thing listed and yet there are so many placards calling for the end of capitalism?
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:57 - Oct 8 with 1241 viewsDarran

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:05 - Oct 8 by Neath_Jack

It's the right of the common man to protest.

It's f*cking superb if you ask me, love people standing up for what they believe in.

Where you from butt?

“ Where you from butt?”

What the fućk? Hahahahaha.

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:03 - Oct 8 with 1227 viewsHighjack

The House of Commons is a sort of citizens assembly is it not?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:03 - Oct 8 with 1226 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:03 - Oct 8 by Tom1912

This is a incredibly naïve post.

Everyone already knows about global warming? Nope. There are a huge number of climate change deniers, and more importantly big businesses, especially in places like America, are fighting the measures required to combat it, to protect their profit margins. There's very little individuals can do unless the big corporations of the world make very big and expensive changes.

With the current scientific data, and what we're doing at the moment, the world is f*cked. Maybe not for our generation, but we're screwing over the next generation.

Now I'm not defending Extinction Rebellion or their methods, but I certainly agree with their message.

"With the current scientific data"
What scientific data would that be?
Do you think that it has not already been warmer than 2 Degrees C above pre-industrial levels?
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:03 - Oct 8 with 1225 viewsTimTtam

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:03 - Oct 8 by Tom1912

This is a incredibly naïve post.

Everyone already knows about global warming? Nope. There are a huge number of climate change deniers, and more importantly big businesses, especially in places like America, are fighting the measures required to combat it, to protect their profit margins. There's very little individuals can do unless the big corporations of the world make very big and expensive changes.

With the current scientific data, and what we're doing at the moment, the world is f*cked. Maybe not for our generation, but we're screwing over the next generation.

Now I'm not defending Extinction Rebellion or their methods, but I certainly agree with their message.

I'm all for helping the environment and reducing pollution. But what is playing dead going to do? There are better ways to protest.

I look at some of the protesters and listen to their 'passionate' speeches. I just think there are a lot of people that jump on the protesting bandwagon simply for the sake of saying 'i am protesting something'. If they are so passionate, why don't they try something more useful?

If companies aren't acting in a sustainable manner, eventually they'll have to, with the way people's attitudes are changing. I was under the impression that governments had already created initiatives that would reduce pollution in various countries.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just influenced by how bad their name is.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:06 - Oct 8 with 1220 viewsTimTtam

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:05 - Oct 8 by Neath_Jack

It's the right of the common man to protest.

It's f*cking superb if you ask me, love people standing up for what they believe in.

Where you from butt?

Of course they can protest. It's democracy. They shouldn't care what I think. I think some of the protesting is a waste of time, but they can do what they want.

Straya.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:20 - Oct 8 with 1209 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:06 - Oct 8 by TimTtam

Of course they can protest. It's democracy. They shouldn't care what I think. I think some of the protesting is a waste of time, but they can do what they want.

Straya.

I don't think that there is anyone living in a democratic country that has a problem with "protesting".
However protesting should not involve preventing the rest of the population going about their daily business, especially if Emergency Services are impacted.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 15:08]
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 14:47 - Oct 8 with 1193 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For all those supporting extinction rebellion's position I suggest that you peruse this document to see how totally absurd their protesting in the UK, US and Europe are.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/ieo/pdf/ieo2019.pdf

Go to pages 26 & 27 and just look at and digest those Charts.
Login to get fewer ads

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 15:10 - Oct 8 with 1178 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Oh dear those lovely clean Solar Panels aren't quite so clean after all.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2019/08/duke-energy-application-points-finger-at-s
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 15:53 - Oct 8 with 1151 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Well I have to admit to surprise having read about Extinction Rebellion from one of it's founders Stuart Basden.
This guy has major psychological problems and openly admits that ER is not really about the Climate and not about any Climate Justice, in his own words it is " It’s a call to the XR community to never say we’re a climate movement. Because we’re not. We’re a Rebellion. And we’re rebelling to highlight and heal from the insanity that is leading to our extinction."

Read it for yourself

https://www.resilience.org/stories/2019-01-16/extinction-rebellion-isnt-about-th

This guy has real issues and I thought poor Greta was scary.
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:49 - Oct 8 with 1121 viewslondonlisa2001

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:42 - Oct 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Have you got the faintest clue about what would be involved in "reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero by 2025", let alone by 2050 as the UK government proposes?
1. already done
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48126677

"3. Government must create, and be led by the decisions of, a citizens' assembly on climate and ecological justice."
is called the UN and IPCC
They are suggesting that a citizens assembly should control what governments do and you would go along with that?

Why do you think those are the 3 thing listed and yet there are so many placards calling for the end of capitalism?

Yet again you change the discussion when you are shown to be wrong,

You said they were hypocrites for using cars, and i pointed out that was nonsense.

Then they were overturning capitalism and I’ve shown you their stated objectives which don’t say anything of the sort.

Now you claim I would go along with their aims. With no back up, just your usual crap,

No, I don’t believe we can reduce to zero emissions by 2025. No, I am not saying we should have a citizens’ assembly.

Do I think they are doing a job in getting this subject in the agenda? Yes. Which is why everyone on here is talking about it.
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:52 - Oct 8 with 1115 viewsLohengrin

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:49 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

You said they were hypocrites for using cars, and i pointed out that was nonsense.

Then they were overturning capitalism and I’ve shown you their stated objectives which don’t say anything of the sort.

Now you claim I would go along with their aims. With no back up, just your usual crap,

No, I don’t believe we can reduce to zero emissions by 2025. No, I am not saying we should have a citizens’ assembly.

Do I think they are doing a job in getting this subject in the agenda? Yes. Which is why everyone on here is talking about it.

”Do I think they are doing a job in getting this subject in the agenda? Yes. Which is why everyone on here is talking about it.

Which is what I’ve been saying on here for months, my aversion to green-haired Corbynite harpies notwithstanding, of course.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:55 - Oct 8 with 1109 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve been around Whitehall/Marsham Street for the last couple of days. These people are delightful, polite and earnest. Not an ounce of harm in them. And they allowed me to get an early train home cos some of them glued themselves to the building I was supposed to be in. Shame.

Poll: Tory leader

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:00 - Oct 8 with 1104 viewsDarran

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:01 - Oct 8 with 1103 viewsLohengrin

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:00 - Oct 8 by Darran

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:20 - Oct 8 with 1090 viewsDarran

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:01 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

They all there in the head though.

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:22 - Oct 8 with 1084 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:49 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

They are hypocrites not for just using cars, they use every product and transport method up to jet aircraft to attend these protests.
They all use the very products that they say we should not be producing and use fossil fuels for their travel.
So it is not "nonsense" at all.
Read what the founder says about their real objectives.
As to changing the subject, no way, I am extending the the subject to include how ridiculous there demands are, the topic of this post was "Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion" and they are.
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:44 - Oct 8 with 1072 viewsJango

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 16:55 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve been around Whitehall/Marsham Street for the last couple of days. These people are delightful, polite and earnest. Not an ounce of harm in them. And they allowed me to get an early train home cos some of them glued themselves to the building I was supposed to be in. Shame.

The number of arrests made at the Extinction Rebellion protest has topped 450 within the first two days of action in London as the climate change group vowed to paralyse the capital.
Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 18:05 - Oct 8 with 1052 viewsFlashberryjack

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 11:56 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

It really pisses me off that people like you distort the message for your own ends too.

Nobody is saying (apart from a few hippy nut jobs that have always ‘lived off grid’) that they expect the world to roll back to a time before planes, cars, technology etc.

What they are attempting to do is to raise awareness that a continued drive for more and more and more is harmful. And that people need to show some restraint. More importantly, their message is about getting governments to understand restraint. And for big companies to build environmental awareness into products.

So, for example, keep making cars, but make them more fuel efficient, mix technologies to reduce overall petrol consumption. Etc etc. That’s completely different to saying ‘no one can have a car’.

You know damn well what they are trying to do, unless you’re stupid, so why constantly distort the message by ‘ooh, they use the Internet - hypocrites’.

"It really pisses me off that people like you distort the message for your own ends too"

Something that pisses me off as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 18:51 - Oct 8 with 1013 viewsBrynCartwright

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:04 - Oct 8 with 1000 viewsexiledclaseboy

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:44 - Oct 8 by Jango

The number of arrests made at the Extinction Rebellion protest has topped 450 within the first two days of action in London as the climate change group vowed to paralyse the capital.

Yeah. What’s your point?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:17 - Oct 8 with 989 viewsNeath_Jack

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 13:57 - Oct 8 by Darran

“ Where you from butt?”

What the fućk? Hahahahaha.

You mad bro? Whats up with that question?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:18 - Oct 8 with 983 viewsNeath_Jack

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 17:00 - Oct 8 by Darran

I bet they go home and shit in their bath too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:20 - Oct 8 with 975 viewsHighjack

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:04 - Oct 8 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah. What’s your point?

It’s a shame they don’t make The Bill anymore. Would have been an action packed episode.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:23 - Oct 8 with 971 viewsexiledclaseboy

Look at these tossers from extinction rebellion on 19:20 - Oct 8 by Highjack

It’s a shame they don’t make The Bill anymore. Would have been an action packed episode.

The police were hauling tents away on Marsham Street earlier. The protestors looked a little crestfallen but unbowed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024