Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? 20:29 - Oct 3 with 3209 viewsCooperDBM

They seem to have stopped posting full match replays on Swans TV. I asked about them but didn't get a meaningful reply. Last was in August. Since then they've put up extended highlights and now the post-match chat.

Too bad. I subscribe to the live feed but here in Canada the timing doesn't let me watch many live. I was relying on the replays.

Anyone have any better insight?
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 00:23 - Oct 4 with 3086 viewsBanosPerth

When I asked about this (after the Brum game had not appeared as I recall) I was told 'not all full matches will be available now because of staff shortages'. I smelled a rat. Sure enough, none have appeared since. I'm very disappointed as well, being 'down under' the 2.45 am kickoffs can be a bit rough at times.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:18 - Oct 4 with 3061 viewsTimTtam

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 00:23 - Oct 4 by BanosPerth

When I asked about this (after the Brum game had not appeared as I recall) I was told 'not all full matches will be available now because of staff shortages'. I smelled a rat. Sure enough, none have appeared since. I'm very disappointed as well, being 'down under' the 2.45 am kickoffs can be a bit rough at times.

Haha, I feel your pain. Mid-week games and unwatchable, unless I want to stay up till 2:45am (3:45am when daylight saving kicks in in a few days).

My best guess is they want people to watch the games live, and thus pay for them.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 03:55 - Oct 4 with 3033 viewsCooperDBM

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:18 - Oct 4 by TimTtam

Haha, I feel your pain. Mid-week games and unwatchable, unless I want to stay up till 2:45am (3:45am when daylight saving kicks in in a few days).

My best guess is they want people to watch the games live, and thus pay for them.

I wouldn't mind if the replays were behind a pay wall since I subscribe anyway. Seems short-sighted if they want to keep their international fan base. They might even lose Oprah!
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 03:59 - Oct 4 with 3030 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It's f-ing ridiculous, and yet another ripoff.

Part of what you pay for with a $140 annual subscription is the full match replay. And they've completely blown off that obligation, beginning with our biggest win of the season at Leeds.

I'm just venting here, because it's a waste of time to try to e-mail the club. If they can't do basic shit like this, they sure as hell aren't going to pay attention to our emails. The customer service is a joke.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 08:29 - Oct 4 with 2901 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 03:59 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Part of what you pay for with a $140 annual subscription is the full match replay. And they've completely blown off that obligation, beginning with our biggest win of the season at Leeds.

I'm just venting here, because it's a waste of time to try to e-mail the club. If they can't do basic shit like this, they sure as hell aren't going to pay attention to our emails. The customer service is a joke.

What do you expect when the club is run by american venture capitalist. They are only in it to make a profit never mind the fans.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 09:29 - Oct 4 with 2874 viewsBadlands

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 08:29 - Oct 4 by felixstowe_jack

What do you expect when the club is run by american venture capitalist. They are only in it to make a profit never mind the fans.

Hurray.
We haven't found a reason to attack the Yanks for a few weeks now, so well done.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNQYEB-TMsiwIPNZ8qeijSOMBJIwH

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 09:37 - Oct 4 with 2867 viewsBanosPerth

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 09:29 - Oct 4 by Badlands

Hurray.
We haven't found a reason to attack the Yanks for a few weeks now, so well done.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ACYBGNQYEB-TMsiwIPNZ8qeijSOMBJIwH

Badlands, I'd prefer that you 'came clean' with us on the reason for stopping the replays. It was very disappointing for us ex-pats - we paid for the whole season after being promised that important feature. Instead you trawl up the 'dont knock the Yanks' old chestnut as a smokescreen.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 10:42 - Oct 4 with 2833 viewsTimTtam

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 09:29 - Oct 4 by Badlands

Hurray.

The fact we're doing well is making us forget about the yanks. But it doesn't change how they behaved in the past, with appointing Bob Bradley, splashing cash on average PL players, lying about "having the resources to do so" in terms of instant promotion, etc. It will still be beneficial for the club if they feck off asap.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:12 - Oct 4 with 2792 viewsCooperDBM

From the club this morning

"Full match replays is a feature we are currently reviewing and at this moment in time, we will not be uploading full match content due to a resource issue and low viewing figures but you can find our extended highlights of the games via the following link — Extended Match Highlights.

We do appreciate all feedback regarding the service and please keep an eye on the website as this is a feature which may return. "

Let them know if you want them returned.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:23 - Oct 4 with 2784 viewsTummer_from_Texas

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:12 - Oct 4 by CooperDBM

From the club this morning

"Full match replays is a feature we are currently reviewing and at this moment in time, we will not be uploading full match content due to a resource issue and low viewing figures but you can find our extended highlights of the games via the following link — Extended Match Highlights.

We do appreciate all feedback regarding the service and please keep an eye on the website as this is a feature which may return. "

Let them know if you want them returned.

I stand corrected, at least they did reply.

I'll be sure to let them I want to back, since it was part of what I paid for and i was watching every one of them.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:44 - Oct 4 with 2771 viewsploppy

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:23 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

I stand corrected, at least they did reply.

I'll be sure to let them I want to back, since it was part of what I paid for and i was watching every one of them.

I sent them an email and got exactly the same boilerplate reply. They've obviously had many complaints so they've get the reply ready in the can.

Edit: just had a response to my follow-up email
"Yes we used to provide them but at the moment we will not be uploading full match content due to a resource issue and low viewing figures."

Well, I'm no rocket scientist, but if they don't put content up, the viewing figures for it will be low .... zero.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 13:49]
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 2741 viewsNeathJack

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 13:44 - Oct 4 by ploppy

I sent them an email and got exactly the same boilerplate reply. They've obviously had many complaints so they've get the reply ready in the can.

Edit: just had a response to my follow-up email
"Yes we used to provide them but at the moment we will not be uploading full match content due to a resource issue and low viewing figures."

Well, I'm no rocket scientist, but if they don't put content up, the viewing figures for it will be low .... zero.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 13:49]

I'm no IT expert but "resource issue" appears to be nonsense to me. The whole game is filmed and recorded anyway so what additional resources are needed exactly?
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 15:03 - Oct 4 with 2733 viewsPozuelosSideys

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 14:58 - Oct 4 by NeathJack

I'm no IT expert but "resource issue" appears to be nonsense to me. The whole game is filmed and recorded anyway so what additional resources are needed exactly?

Innit

To get the edited replays, doesn't an actual resource need to sit down, take the full match replay and edit out the dull bits? So how can uploading the full match require additional resource?

Unless by additional resource the club means they have to actually pay a third party for each type of highlights package? It would make their response more understandable If that's the case

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 15:35 - Oct 4 with 2707 viewsploppy

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 15:03 - Oct 4 by PozuelosSideys

Innit

To get the edited replays, doesn't an actual resource need to sit down, take the full match replay and edit out the dull bits? So how can uploading the full match require additional resource?

Unless by additional resource the club means they have to actually pay a third party for each type of highlights package? It would make their response more understandable If that's the case

All sounds like nonsense to me too. They must have the full match somewhere in order to edit it down to highlights. And I presume they don't throw away the original footage once they've done that. So it's either

1. They don't have space on their server to hold the full match - in which case, buy some more storage, it's dead cheap in Curry's.
2. They can't afford to pay someone the extra to put a link to the full match footage on the website - but they've already added a link to the highlights and extended highlights. I'd happily do it for nothing for them.
3. They don't want the extra load on the server - viewing figures are/were low though, so not buying that one either.

I smell bullsh!t.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 00:27 - Oct 5 with 2609 viewsBanosPerth

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 14:58 - Oct 4 by NeathJack

Well said. I am an IT expert and you are 100% correct. That's why I think there are other issues at play here.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 00:35 - Oct 5 with 2603 viewsSwanseaman

Maybe it's so that opposing teams don't get to watch the full games?

Can they get them otherwise?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:06 - Oct 5 with 2591 viewsNeathJack

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 00:27 - Oct 5 by BanosPerth

Well said. I am an IT expert and you are 100% correct. That's why I think there are other issues at play here.

My best guess is there is a fee that has to be paid to either the EFL or Sky to host the full game on the OS and the club have decided it's not worth it, despite apparently the annual Swans TV payment stating that it would be available.

That's just a guess though.
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:16 - Oct 5 with 2586 viewsBanosPerth

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:06 - Oct 5 by NeathJack

My best guess is there is a fee that has to be paid to either the EFL or Sky to host the full game on the OS and the club have decided it's not worth it, despite apparently the annual Swans TV payment stating that it would be available.

That's just a guess though.

I think you're getting warm ...
No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 02:24 - Oct 5 with 2583 viewsdameedna

No More Full Replays on SwansTV? on 03:59 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

Well said. I am cutting short a Thredbo snowboarding trip to get home for an early morning 1am game. Playing football at 8am kick off the next day. wtf happened to the replays! bustrards.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 2:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024