Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... 22:00 - Oct 4 with 2361 viewsnantywatcher

...then how will the idiots react?
The idiots who booed and shouted "rubbish" when we plummeted to second place in the league after the mach last Saturday. Dozens of them in the East Stand.
Once an idiot always an idiot.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 18:42 - Oct 5 with 2196 viewsnantywatcher

There we go then.
At half time I said the Liberty crowd were worth an extra man for Stoke.
Awful reaction from the crowd throughout the game and the booers grew in numbers at the final whistle. Successful clubs get support from their fans, today most of our crowd ought to be ashamed - instead of lifting the team they compounded the pressure the Stoke players were forcing on the ball. A just result at the end of a day when we go into the international break in fourth place.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 18:58 - Oct 5 with 2159 viewsskettyparkherbert

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 18:42 - Oct 5 by nantywatcher

There we go then.
At half time I said the Liberty crowd were worth an extra man for Stoke.
Awful reaction from the crowd throughout the game and the booers grew in numbers at the final whistle. Successful clubs get support from their fans, today most of our crowd ought to be ashamed - instead of lifting the team they compounded the pressure the Stoke players were forcing on the ball. A just result at the end of a day when we go into the international break in fourth place.

What a total load of shite IMHO.

That is your opinion mate and you are right to have one but so are the boo boys too.

That was dreadful today, not good enough and when you see players hiding from the ball, giving it away and shitting out of the ball, what do you expect?

The same boo boys will still be there at the next game and away games supporting the team but today's lack of performance was well worth a boo or 2.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:04 - Oct 5 with 2153 viewsDr_Winston

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 18:58 - Oct 5 by skettyparkherbert

That is your opinion mate and you are right to have one but so are the boo boys too.

That was dreadful today, not good enough and when you see players hiding from the ball, giving it away and shitting out of the ball, what do you expect?

The same boo boys will still be there at the next game and away games supporting the team but today's lack of performance was well worth a boo or 2.

This.

Too much of a shit is given about booing. The players are handsomely paid to do a job. If their standards plummet as far as they did today a bit of a boo from the stands is something they're just going to have to live with.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:11 - Oct 5 with 2143 viewssainthelens

Well said sir.
I've paid a shyte load for season tickets for me and my lad, and if I wanna shout "that's fckn crap"....I will, and won't worry bout yer opinion.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:13 - Oct 5 with 2138 viewsmonmouth

I would say that our team gave Stoke about 9 extra players on the pitch today. It really wasn't good enough today and nobody should be left in any doubt about that. I don't boo, but If I did I probably would have for that shit they served up today.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 21:32 - Oct 5 with 2025 viewsdickythorpe

Stoke frustrated us and deserved their win through their determination and desire.
We didn't show the same qualities. I can't accept it from my sofa, so if I was at the Liberty I think I'd be a tad animated.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 21:32]
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 21:37 - Oct 5 with 2013 viewsOneill_77

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:13 - Oct 5 by monmouth

I would say that our team gave Stoke about 9 extra players on the pitch today. It really wasn't good enough today and nobody should be left in any doubt about that. I don't boo, but If I did I probably would have for that shit they served up today.

And herein lies our problem: (".....shit THEY served up today".). Implies dis-ownership from the fans.

Hence the OP makes a valid point about our fickle fans. The silence and murmurings of discomfort in the East were deafening. The players absolutely reacted to the negativity emanating from our hardcore.

WE stuck to the game-plan yet were beasted by a canny, streetwise opposition with insider knowledge. Their midfield (aka J Allen) totally bossed.

Go get him Leon - tis your calling to resurrect the prodigal son.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:31 - Oct 5 with 1970 viewsnantywatcher

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:04 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

This.

Too much of a shit is given about booing. The players are handsomely paid to do a job. If their standards plummet as far as they did today a bit of a boo from the stands is something they're just going to have to live with.

Boo as much as you like, just don't claim in the next breath you support Swansea City, because a supporter you are not.
Login to get fewer ads

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:34 - Oct 5 with 1966 viewsmonmouth

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 21:37 - Oct 5 by Oneill_77

And herein lies our problem: (".....shit THEY served up today".). Implies dis-ownership from the fans.

Hence the OP makes a valid point about our fickle fans. The silence and murmurings of discomfort in the East were deafening. The players absolutely reacted to the negativity emanating from our hardcore.

WE stuck to the game-plan yet were beasted by a canny, streetwise opposition with insider knowledge. Their midfield (aka J Allen) totally bossed.

Go get him Leon - tis your calling to resurrect the prodigal son.

I wasn’t on the pitch so I’m afraid I was unable to serve up any shit. You just have though. Enjoy being at one with the team.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:55 - Oct 5 with 1952 viewssainthelens

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:31 - Oct 5 by nantywatcher

Boo as much as you like, just don't claim in the next breath you support Swansea City, because a supporter you are not.

Shut up you fckn clown.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 07:19 - Oct 6 with 1879 viewsDr_Winston

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:31 - Oct 5 by nantywatcher

Bullshit.

Refusing to boo crap like that yesterday (I didn't BTW) doesn't make you a better supporter no matter how much you might try to claim the moral high ground. People who pay upwards of £30 a game or £400 a season are more than entitled to voice their displeasure should they choose to do so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 08:04 - Oct 6 with 1851 viewsnantywatcher

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 22:55 - Oct 5 by sainthelens

Shut up you fckn clown.

That comment underlines what an idiot you are.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 08:57 - Oct 6 with 1812 viewsnantywatcher

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 07:19 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Bullshit.

Refusing to boo crap like that yesterday (I didn't BTW) doesn't make you a better supporter no matter how much you might try to claim the moral high ground. People who pay upwards of £30 a game or £400 a season are more than entitled to voice their displeasure should they choose to do so.

The Liberty crowd were the extra man for Stoke yesterday, a decent knowledgeable crowd would have got behind their team and lifted them. You could visibly see players confidence draining in the last 20 minutes, shameful "support" - but not that surprising when I look at the player's ratings - the one player who made more mistakes than the rest of the team put together get's one of the highest ratings. I feel like I'm the only sane man on here, wandering around the mad house.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 09:41 - Oct 6 with 1779 viewsexiledclaseboy

There was a sense of impatience and entitlement at the Liberty yesterday. We were poor of course but the impatience started early when we were one up. The crowd didn’t help the team yesterday but then again, the team didn’t help the crowd.

As an aside, Stoke have good players and were very good yesterday. They won’t be at the bottom for long.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 9:41]

Poll: Tory leader

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 10:16 - Oct 6 with 1749 viewssplJack

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 09:41 - Oct 6 by exiledclaseboy

There was a sense of impatience and entitlement at the Liberty yesterday. We were poor of course but the impatience started early when we were one up. The crowd didn’t help the team yesterday but then again, the team didn’t help the crowd.

As an aside, Stoke have good players and were very good yesterday. They won’t be at the bottom for long.

I agree, I think Stoke will finish comfortably mid-table.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 15:32 - Oct 6 with 1657 viewscontroversial_jack

We made them look good!
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:24 - Oct 6 with 1620 viewsjackrmee

I don't agree.
We should be giving the team a boost. We are all part of it. Booing doesn't help when players are having an off day, or the team isn't playing well.

An un-fancied team were top of the league. I may think differently if we were bottom, but booing a team who are over-performing makes no sense.

I think we should be judging (and booing) on longer term results and performances. Otherwise, we may as well boo every single misplaced pass or bad challenge.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:36 - Oct 6 with 1608 viewsmonmouth

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:24 - Oct 6 by jackrmee

I don't agree.
We should be giving the team a boost. We are all part of it. Booing doesn't help when players are having an off day, or the team isn't playing well.

An un-fancied team were top of the league. I may think differently if we were bottom, but booing a team who are over-performing makes no sense.

I think we should be judging (and booing) on longer term results and performances. Otherwise, we may as well boo every single misplaced pass or bad challenge.

"Otherwise, we may as well boo every single misplaced pass or bad challenge."

Some around me were.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:42 - Oct 6 with 1603 viewsjackrmee

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 07:19 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Bullshit.

I agree they are entitled to, but surely it should be kept for when the club are doing really bad as a whole and not just one match (or a couple of matches even).
We are over-performing, not under-performing (yesterday aside).
You don't see Liverpool fans booing when they have one bad game.
Nothing better for a player to have the fans at full voice when losing. I'm not saying to chant players names when they are not putting in a shift. I'm saying we need to keep singing through thick and thin. I'm saying chant a players name at full tilt when they are playing well, not just the odd song here and there. Imagine the whole stadium singing your name when you are paying well. That would make other players want that treatment.

I've been to some games in the home end of Hadjuk Split and AC Milan, and even though the team were losing, the fans did not let up. Absolutely full voice CONSTANTLY.

If I'm honest, our fans are quiet. Maybe there have been times that our players' have been better than our fans. Maybe the players have sometimes thought that they deserve more of an atmosphere?
I'm not saying thats the case often, but just saying.

IMO, there is a time that booing is justified.
I don't believe that time is when the team are top of the league though ffs, poor match or not.

Yes the boys under-performed yesterday, but the atmosphere in our ground under-performs many many times more than that.
It's nowhere near what it was in the North Bank.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:48 - Oct 6 with 1595 viewsjackrmee

Yes, but we are not there just to voice our opinions on match day...we are there to help the players. We are a team WITH the team. We are not separate from them. We are not there to judge them, we are there to help them.
We should be doing our best, just the same as the players should be doing their best.
just because the players don't do their best, doesn't mean we should stop too.
The best fans are the ones who do not stop. Who are constantly singing and making noise and being creative.
Other fans and young-uns will enjoy the matchday experience more and the players will see that we don't give up.
Moaning and booing does nothing to help the team on the day.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:50 - Oct 6 with 1591 viewsjackrmee

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:36 - Oct 6 by monmouth

"Otherwise, we may as well boo every single misplaced pass or bad challenge."

Some around me were.

Which is terrible, is it not?

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:58 - Oct 6 with 1584 viewsmonmouth

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 16:50 - Oct 6 by jackrmee

Which is terrible, is it not?

Yes. At least wait until the end of the game.

That said, it was really hard not to groan when Roberts passed it to their player three times in succession. Thing is, I know he's not trying to do that (maybe he should have, then it would have gone to our player), and that the moans won't help, but we're dealing with human beings on both sides of the equation here.

For what it's worth, I thought we were undercooked coming out, the early goal probably made it seem easy, and when Stoke turned up the heat we got badly burned. Their midfield hard boiled sweeties mangled our soft centre.

The start has raised expectations and we've always had a hard to please crowd ('sort it out' 'get him off'). My favourite of all time was some numpty shouting at Tosh, "You're a has been Toshack".....pause....."Only you never have been". So I don't think it's going to change any time soon, like it or not.

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:03 - Oct 6 with 1518 viewsFireboy2

For me its the chicken and egg scenario, i give my support by turning up and cheering them and they show their best in every game they play and when they do that i show my support by cheering.

When i see that imo they look like they arent putting the effort in i groan but never boo, to try and get the team going i want to see someone putting in a big tackle or a big run that gets the crowd going, after last and this saturday we never saw any of this, if these performances occur, imo you should never boo the team after a poor performance you should just walk away from the ground and show them nothing, that is my way to deal with it and oh yes go to the pub for another few beers.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:19 - Oct 6 with 1508 viewssainthelens

We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:03 - Oct 6 by Fireboy2

For me its the chicken and egg scenario, i give my support by turning up and cheering them and they show their best in every game they play and when they do that i show my support by cheering.

When i see that imo they look like they arent putting the effort in i groan but never boo, to try and get the team going i want to see someone putting in a big tackle or a big run that gets the crowd going, after last and this saturday we never saw any of this, if these performances occur, imo you should never boo the team after a poor performance you should just walk away from the ground and show them nothing, that is my way to deal with it and oh yes go to the pub for another few beers.

I get all that and yer right. But if thers one thing I cant abide is no effort to try and improve. I've worked my arse off as have many others to shell out for ST a, and its contemptful when I see players seemingly not trying, so therefore I hope they won't be to precious if I shout a bitta disapproval.
All said and done, its been a really decent start, but I can't be doing with lack of effort.
We might lose to Stoke tomorrow... on 19:36 - Oct 6 with 1489 viewsLeonWasGod

Didn’t think there was a hostile atmosphere at all. The East is vocal, that’s all. They’re the only part of the ground to consistently provide ANY atmosphere, so you’re bound to hear some reaction when things go wrong. But they weren’t on the players’ backs. Players got customary applause at the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024