Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit and the British armed forces 13:19 - Oct 5 with 7988 viewsdickythorpe

I was speaken to an old soldier today and he was saying that the EU want control of our armed forces even after leaving.
Is that right?
By all accounts ex-soldiers are at Hyde Park corner and arriving in great numbers. Media not giving it any exposure yet.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 1291 viewsjacks777

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:17 - Oct 6 by exiledclaseboy

Was yesterday supposed to be the big scrap?

I absolutely do not know. Did he arrange for it to happen in the toilets of the globe ?
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:35 - Oct 6 with 1279 viewsA_Fans_Dad

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Security_and_Defence_Policy

"The CSDP involves military or civilian missions being deployed to preserve peace, prevent conflict and strengthen international security in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter. Military missions are carried out by EU forces established with secondments from the member states' armed forces. The CSDP also entails collective self-defence amongst member states[d] as well as a Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) in which 25 of the 28 national armed forces pursue structural integration."

secondment
"the temporary transfer of an official or worker to another position or employment."

Controlled by whom?
The EU of course.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:37 - Oct 6 with 1274 viewsJango

Sorry wrong Thread.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2019 12:38]
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:39 - Oct 6 with 1266 viewsbluey_the_blue

UK currently part of EDA but not PESCO.

May's woeful deal would have put us in PESCO too.

Meaning "leave" Eu, could have dodgy Spanish fishermen raid our waters... and our armed forces would protect them!
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:42 - Oct 6 with 1262 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Brexit and the British armed forces on 11:21 - Oct 6 by JackSomething

The Ewoks already did that.

The dark side of the force .....🤦🏻‍♂️

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:43 - Oct 6 with 1261 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit and the British armed forces on 10:10 - Oct 6 by jacks777

That’s fine with me.
One question for you though and that is what do you think is the purpose of the eu ?

It's hard to define - time will tell. I don't think Brexit cures any of the concerns you've raised, not in the short to medium term anyway

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Brexit and the British armed forces on 13:10 - Oct 6 with 1241 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit and the British armed forces on 20:38 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Good idea an EU army.

Less working class kids from UK will get killed in illegal wars.

Btw the armed forces do as their told.

Excellent and relevant post, A European military would isolate us from those warmongering Americans and we could dismantle NATO. It would be quite a formidable force too.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 13:12 - Oct 6 with 1231 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:39 - Oct 6 by bluey_the_blue

Meaning "leave" Eu, could have dodgy Spanish fishermen raid our waters... and our armed forces would protect them!

Presumably you’ll be opposed to Johnson’s “new” proposed deal then seeing as the only thing that’s changed is the proposed customs arrangements on the island of Ireland.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit and the British armed forces on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 1234 viewsbluey_the_blue

Brexit and the British armed forces on 13:10 - Oct 6 by controversial_jack

Excellent and relevant post, A European military would isolate us from those warmongering Americans and we could dismantle NATO. It would be quite a formidable force too.

Yes, dismantle NATO which did more in the Balkans the EU nations...
Brexit and the British armed forces on 14:47 - Oct 6 with 1201 viewsFireboy2

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:42 - Oct 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

The dark side of the force .....🤦🏻‍♂️

Does he still think we still live in the 19th century?

The big problem with this country is that a certain percentage still think we are an empire, they need to realise that we are a pimple on good old usa's @rsè.

The sooner they do realise this the sooner this country will become fairer.

But that wont happen for quite some time.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 14:57 - Oct 6 with 1192 viewslondonlisa2001

Under the terms of the European Union Act 2011, any creation of a common EU defence or EU army requires a referendum. Same with joining the Euro, becoming part of Schengen, or losing our veto.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 14:57 - Oct 6 with 1191 viewschad

Brexit and the British armed forces on 11:18 - Oct 6 by JackSomething

We use our veto to stop the motion to remove the veto from passing.

In all seriousness, if the veto was removed we could leave at that point and I would support it. Hypothetical scenarios about the future created by Brexiteers always seem to forget remaining now doesn't mean we can't leave in the future if the situation changes.

Well at least good to see at last an honest admission that the veto could be lost

As for hypothetical scenarios, we need to be clear about central EU objectives and the move already towards more decision by consensus, preventing small interest country groups from holding the majority to ransom.

As far as leaving in the future, apart from a general breakup, how much more difficult will it be to leave in the future for our own interests, given what has now gone before and as we become more and more inextricably enmeshed as time goes by.

We should also honestly accept the EU stated intention to remove all rebates (us being by far the main beneficiary “the mother of all rebates”)

And the ambition for a true European Army, of which the recent Franco German accord is seen as a first step.

Mrs Merkel said Germany wants to "make our contribution to the emergence of a European army."

French President Emmanuel Macron has warned that Europeans cannot be protected without a "true, European army".

One of my many concerns about the EU with its expansionist policies, disparate conflicting interest groups and groups going it alone like this to push issues, is it seems it is more likely to cause and drag into a wider theatre, what the EEC was actually set up to prevent.

What was it Greta said
“Fairy tales of eternal economic growth”
The girl may have a point.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:03 - Oct 6 with 1185 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexit and the British armed forces on 14:57 - Oct 6 by chad

Well at least good to see at last an honest admission that the veto could be lost

As for hypothetical scenarios, we need to be clear about central EU objectives and the move already towards more decision by consensus, preventing small interest country groups from holding the majority to ransom.

As far as leaving in the future, apart from a general breakup, how much more difficult will it be to leave in the future for our own interests, given what has now gone before and as we become more and more inextricably enmeshed as time goes by.

We should also honestly accept the EU stated intention to remove all rebates (us being by far the main beneficiary “the mother of all rebates”)

And the ambition for a true European Army, of which the recent Franco German accord is seen as a first step.

Mrs Merkel said Germany wants to "make our contribution to the emergence of a European army."

French President Emmanuel Macron has warned that Europeans cannot be protected without a "true, European army".

One of my many concerns about the EU with its expansionist policies, disparate conflicting interest groups and groups going it alone like this to push issues, is it seems it is more likely to cause and drag into a wider theatre, what the EEC was actually set up to prevent.

What was it Greta said
“Fairy tales of eternal economic growth”
The girl may have a point.

“Well at least good to see at last an honest admission that the veto could be lost ”

No. It can’t.

We have a veto over whether our veto could be withdrawn. And the European Union Act 2011 means we can’t agree that without a referendum.

Same with EU army.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:05 - Oct 6 with 1181 viewsHighjack

Brexit and the British armed forces on 14:57 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

Under the terms of the European Union Act 2011, any creation of a common EU defence or EU army requires a referendum. Same with joining the Euro, becoming part of Schengen, or losing our veto.

Ah good. I’m sure we can trust our esteemed politicians to respect those referendums if they ever arrive and not demand another referendum if the vote goes the way they don’t like.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:12 - Oct 6 with 1178 viewswaynekerr55

Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:05 - Oct 6 by Highjack

Ah good. I’m sure we can trust our esteemed politicians to respect those referendums if they ever arrive and not demand another referendum if the vote goes the way they don’t like.

Well once difference is that any referendum of that nature would need to be binding.

Unlike an advisory one, which arguably was set as an advisory one in which it was easier to list was rules weren't transgressed than those that were by a bunch of disaster capitalists masquerading as "for the working people"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:13 - Oct 6 with 1177 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:05 - Oct 6 by Highjack

Parliament voted overwhelmingly to give the PM power to invoke Article 50.

That was respecting the referendum.

The PM then negotiated a deal to allow that brexit respecting the referendum. The fact that brexit supporting MPs prevented that from passing has been what has caused the delay.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:29 - Oct 6 with 1160 viewsNotLoyal

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:23 - Oct 6 by jacks777

I absolutely do not know. Did he arrange for it to happen in the toilets of the globe ?

You weren’t there mate, you know it, I know it and so do the owners of the club in Monmouth, I was there at 6.03pm. Give them a call I have all the details, like you have all my details. I’m hiding nothing.

Unlike you.

Anyway, just proves what a cowardly bullshitter you are. Don’t worry that’s twice now you’ve backed out, even the site owner thinks your a dick, I’ve been told, you had an opportunity to do something good and close my mouth, but you were too busy posting your bullying bullshit on here.

Clown and a keyboard w@nker. Exposed.
My last word on it, you and your mates can discuss it further ...
Buy a mirror.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brexit and the British armed forces on 16:32 - Oct 6 with 1126 viewsjacks777

Brexit and the British armed forces on 15:29 - Oct 6 by NotLoyal

You weren’t there mate, you know it, I know it and so do the owners of the club in Monmouth, I was there at 6.03pm. Give them a call I have all the details, like you have all my details. I’m hiding nothing.

Unlike you.

Anyway, just proves what a cowardly bullshitter you are. Don’t worry that’s twice now you’ve backed out, even the site owner thinks your a dick, I’ve been told, you had an opportunity to do something good and close my mouth, but you were too busy posting your bullying bullshit on here.

Clown and a keyboard w@nker. Exposed.
My last word on it, you and your mates can discuss it further ...
Buy a mirror.

So let’s get this right. You turned up to meet me when I never even said I’d be there.
What a fooking idiot you are.
I was at the Liberty yesterday. Were you.
Also am I suppose to care what the site owner thinks 😂
Personally I think he’s doing a very poor job with the trust. Tell him that for me 😂
Brexit and the British armed forces on 20:05 - Oct 6 with 1064 viewsJack_Meoff

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:39 - Oct 6 by bluey_the_blue

'Raid our waters.' Blimey. Any 'raiding' is due to the UK government selling off the fishing quotas abroad. As they have sold off pretty much every asset possible since 1979.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Brexit and the British armed forces on 20:47 - Oct 6 with 1029 viewsFlashberryjack

Brexit and the British armed forces on 11:27 - Oct 6 by jacks777

Why on earth would we want to leave in the future when we have already decided to leave ? Yes

We won't EVER leave.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Brexit and the British armed forces on 08:44 - Oct 7 with 917 viewsSwanDownUnder

Brexit and the British armed forces on 20:47 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

We won't EVER leave.

Thank God
Brexit and the British armed forces on 09:01 - Oct 8 with 792 viewsYossarian

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Brexit and the British armed forces on 11:30 - Oct 8 with 745 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brexit and the British armed forces on 09:01 - Oct 8 by Yossarian

Of course there won't be an EU army they said.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/07/incoming-eu-foreign-affairs-chie

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1187596/EU-army-Brexit-Party-EU-army-Josep-Bor
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 11:33]
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:00 - Oct 8 with 728 viewslondonlisa2001

Brexit and the British armed forces on 11:30 - Oct 8 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course there won't be an EU army they said.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/07/incoming-eu-foreign-affairs-chie

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1187596/EU-army-Brexit-Party-EU-army-Josep-Bor
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 11:33]

It really is simple. We have an absolute veto over whether our troops join any EU armed force. We can only give up that veto via a referendum. We can only join an EU army via a referendum.

22 EU countries are already part of NATO ( a force that you seemingly have no objection to, despite the insane ramblings of the whackjob inhabiting the White House). Many EU countries have an officially ‘neutral’ position, so would object far more than us to any ‘army’.

However, if the French and Germans (as an example) want to combine forces, so what? It has nothing to do with us.

This constant stream of ignorant sh*t is beyond a joke. You really will believe absolutely anything.
Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:02 - Oct 8 with 726 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Brexit and the British armed forces on 12:00 - Oct 8 by londonlisa2001

It really is simple. We have an absolute veto over whether our troops join any EU armed force. We can only give up that veto via a referendum. We can only join an EU army via a referendum.

22 EU countries are already part of NATO ( a force that you seemingly have no objection to, despite the insane ramblings of the whackjob inhabiting the White House). Many EU countries have an officially ‘neutral’ position, so would object far more than us to any ‘army’.

However, if the French and Germans (as an example) want to combine forces, so what? It has nothing to do with us.

This constant stream of ignorant sh*t is beyond a joke. You really will believe absolutely anything.

As do MPs
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1187721/eu-army-british-army-troops-brex
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024