Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perspective 21:07 - Oct 5 with 2556 viewsJinxy

OK so we lost today. It hurts. The performance was under par. However, we should look at the positives. We have our playing style back (even when it doesn't quite come off), we are not sliding down the leagues, we have a good chairman (imho) who has wisely endorsed investment in our academy/status, and our young players have responded and propelled us to the upper end of this tough league. I think the future looks good. Our new rookie coach will learn from today and previous near misses.

I heard and saw some booing today at the end of the game. We are 4th in the league, and I think we'll probably end up flirting with the play offs - too early for automatic promotion for me. This is a marathon and not a sprint, and we are building very nicely, hopefully having learnt mistakes from the past. This is a great club to support, and has aspirations to entertain us with beautiful football, not hoofball.

To the people who were booing - why not just stay at home and save yourselves and those around you from the negativity. If glory is what you want, go and armchair support Man City/Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on and leave us to it.
Perspective on 21:40 - Oct 5 with 2508 viewsSTID2017

Agree with you about the booing, however found little to enjoy in today's performance.
Overall they deserve praise for the way they have progressed over the last 18 months.
However didn't feel inspired to applaud them at the end myself following a very disappointing show.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Perspective on 21:46 - Oct 5 with 2499 viewsdickythorpe

We didn't dominate against a struggling side.

That's the reality.

Nothing is a given, but we have a track record of losing to sides we are way above at HOME
Perspective on 21:47 - Oct 5 with 2496 viewsSwanseaman

People on twitter are saying the atmosphere today turned really negative and fans got on the players backs, Stoke commentary noticed it and said it was really going to help them.

They reckon our support is much better away and that's a big reason why we play worse at home?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Perspective on 21:49 - Oct 5 with 2487 viewsbuilthjack

Perspective on 21:47 - Oct 5 by Swanseaman

People on twitter are saying the atmosphere today turned really negative and fans got on the players backs, Stoke commentary noticed it and said it was really going to help them.

They reckon our support is much better away and that's a big reason why we play worse at home?

Our away support is always good. Loud all game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Perspective on 21:53 - Oct 5 with 2473 viewsFireboy2

It makes a change playing sh!te at home and good away, it was the opposite last season.
Perspective on 22:19 - Oct 5 with 2423 viewsBadlands

Our performance was below par.
Was it?
Much the same as we've seen at home for the last three games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Perspective on 22:22 - Oct 5 with 2414 viewsmonmouth

Perspective on 22:19 - Oct 5 by Badlands

Was it?

Yes the home line up and tactics need a reboot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Perspective on 22:24 - Oct 5 with 2410 viewsjacksfullaces

marathon not a sprint line is the only one that feels a little unreal, for any football club.

unless you have a bottomless pit of resource or talent you have to achieve in the moment rather than work to a long term plan.

good talent would move on, and we will lose the last of our high earner this year imo if we don't achieve, so whilst I agree with perspective about what we can or can't expect at the moment, an assumption that we are always building for a better future feels a little naive.

doing the best with what we have maybe, perhaps that doesn't sound as ambitious, but that is my perspective on perspective in terms of expectations.
Login to get fewer ads

Perspective on 22:27 - Oct 5 with 2400 viewsmonmouth

Perspective on 22:24 - Oct 5 by jacksfullaces

marathon not a sprint line is the only one that feels a little unreal, for any football club.

unless you have a bottomless pit of resource or talent you have to achieve in the moment rather than work to a long term plan.

good talent would move on, and we will lose the last of our high earner this year imo if we don't achieve, so whilst I agree with perspective about what we can or can't expect at the moment, an assumption that we are always building for a better future feels a little naive.

doing the best with what we have maybe, perhaps that doesn't sound as ambitious, but that is my perspective on perspective in terms of expectations.

I agree this is as good a chance as any to get top 6 or even top 2. League is much of a muchness right down the line.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Perspective on 22:29 - Oct 5 with 2392 viewsLuther27

Perspective on 22:19 - Oct 5 by Badlands

Was it?

Spot on. Why is it when we are at home we play like an away team. We gave up after 15 minutes. Noticed at about 75 mins Cooper screaming at the keeper to kick it long. A coach has to tell the keeper to kick it long at 75 mins in? Ffs...how fvcking over coached or dim are these players?
Perspective on 23:29 - Oct 5 with 2333 viewswestside

He didn't start kicking it long until 90mins were up on the screen
Perspective on 23:34 - Oct 5 with 2323 viewsploppy

Perspective on 23:29 - Oct 5 by westside

He didn't start kicking it long until 90mins were up on the screen

Not true. He kicked it long many times throughout the match, and mostly just gave away possession. Admittedly, more often than not it was because he had no out ball. What I don't understand is when he plays it into midfield to beat the press and that player just plays it straight back to him - and then he kicks it long.
Perspective on 23:39 - Oct 5 with 2311 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Perspective on 22:29 - Oct 5 by Luther27

Spot on. Why is it when we are at home we play like an away team. We gave up after 15 minutes. Noticed at about 75 mins Cooper screaming at the keeper to kick it long. A coach has to tell the keeper to kick it long at 75 mins in? Ffs...how fvcking over coached or dim are these players?

I was dumbfounded that we still tried to play out from our 6 yard box even though Stoke grew wise to this and basically shut us down. If we'd have mixed it up a bit and kept them honest and guessing we'd have been fine.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Perspective on 00:07 - Oct 6 with 2290 viewsLuther27

Perspective on 23:39 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I was dumbfounded that we still tried to play out from our 6 yard box even though Stoke grew wise to this and basically shut us down. If we'd have mixed it up a bit and kept them honest and guessing we'd have been fine.

They had 3 pressing our two centre halves, their defensive line was on the halfway compressing the space. Why didn't we mix it up and go long now and again.
We don't have the DJ pace anymore to threaten teams, and make them defend deeper in their own half, nor the midfield creativity to split defenders. We never replaced a fit Leroy as has been mentioned in a few posts.
Perspective on 01:08 - Oct 6 with 2244 viewslifelong

Our passing was the biggest disappointment for me today..it was abysmal.
Perspective on 01:36 - Oct 6 with 2225 viewsSTID2017

Perspective on 01:08 - Oct 6 by lifelong

Our passing and retreating into our own half for a large part of the game.
Made them look like world beaters

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Perspective on 08:44 - Oct 6 with 2070 viewsoldcob

Perspective on 01:08 - Oct 6 by lifelong

Sorry for stating the obvious, but a pass is made up of a provider and a receiver, it's up to the receiver to find himself room to receive the ball, and sometimes even move toward the ball to get it before his marker. Lost count of the times the Stoke players nipped in front and pinched the ball yesterday, and trying to find room didn't happen, but that's general with us not just yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024