Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perspective 18:28 - Oct 6 with 1900 viewsAndy1300

After our loss to Stoke, I thought I would put a couple of quid on Newcastle to beat Utd today.

Utd are now only 2 points above the relegation zone and 15 points behind Liverpool.

As frustrating as it is to watch us throw games away, we are still in a good position and have enough time to sort it out.

We could be Utd supporters.

Number 1 team in Wales

Perspective on 18:46 - Oct 6 with 1871 viewsandrew

I think united fans are having it better than us to be fair.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Perspective on 10:37 - Oct 7 with 1684 viewsTimTtam

Man U will never be relegated. At least not in my lifetime. I fully expect them to finish in the top 7. Man U supporters don't ever have to worry about relegation. A bad season for them is playing Europa League. A bad season for us is relegation to League 1.

That's the real perspective.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Perspective on 11:15 - Oct 7 with 1644 viewsOldjack

Perspective on 10:37 - Oct 7 by TimTtam

Man U will never be relegated. At least not in my lifetime. I fully expect them to finish in the top 7. Man U supporters don't ever have to worry about relegation. A bad season for them is playing Europa League. A bad season for us is relegation to League 1.

That's the real perspective.

If they hang onto their current manager there is a good possibility they will ,you do know they've been relegated before

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Perspective on 11:27 - Oct 7 with 1633 viewsTimTtam

Perspective on 11:15 - Oct 7 by Oldjack

If they hang onto their current manager there is a good possibility they will ,you do know they've been relegated before

No, I actually didn't know. I thought the only one of the big 6 that had been was Man City. But still, 1974 was 45 years ago. And that was before the EPL and huge TV money.

It would be amazing if it somehow happened.

My name is Matt

Perspective on 11:43 - Oct 7 with 1612 viewsOldjack

Perspective on 11:27 - Oct 7 by TimTtam

No, I actually didn't know. I thought the only one of the big 6 that had been was Man City. But still, 1974 was 45 years ago. And that was before the EPL and huge TV money.

believe it or not back in 74 they were a massive club and still are thanks to the glory hunting plastics ,money was no object to them back then

If dopey bollocks stays at the Helm down they will go

fuk em I hope he stays

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Perspective on 12:16 - Oct 7 with 1567 viewsairedale

The only ones never relegated are The Gooners.
Perspective on 13:01 - Oct 7 with 1522 viewsMrSwerve

They won't get relegated but if they keep Ole, it wouldn't surprise me if they finished around 8th.

I think they'll get rid of him if they're bottom half at Christmas.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Perspective on 13:21 - Oct 7 with 1499 viewstheloneranger

Perspective on 12:16 - Oct 7 by airedale

Arsenal were relegated from the First Division in 1913, but as Woolwich Arsenal, and played 2 seasons in the Second Division.

They never ever won promotion from the Second Division, but were invited back to the First Division when football restarted after the 1st World War in 1919.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 13:35]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Perspective on 14:09 - Oct 7 with 1452 viewsgordondg

Never relegated,Everton ?
Perspective on 14:20 - Oct 7 with 1433 viewskarnataka

Perspective on 12:16 - Oct 7 by airedale

In my football watching lifetime, Everton have been in the top flight since 1955 and I'm pretty sure I saw Liverpool's last match outside the top flight when the Swans won 4-1 or 4-2 at the Vetch at the end of the 1961-62 season when Liverpool were promoted along with Leyton Orient!!! I can also remember Man U, Spurs and Man City all playing outside the top flight in the 70s but never Arsenal who have been there for about 100 years.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 17:32]
Perspective on 14:24 - Oct 7 with 1427 viewsTimTtam

Perspective on 14:09 - Oct 7 by gordondg

Never relegated,Everton ?

1950/51 they went down and stayed there for a few seasons, but ever since coming back they have stayed in the top flight. In 1997 they stayed up on goal difference, but I swear I read somewhere that there was a miscalculation and that Bolton should have finished 17th.

My name is Matt

Perspective on 17:16 - Oct 7 with 1367 viewstheloneranger

Perspective on 14:20 - Oct 7 by karnataka

In my football watching lifetime, Everton have been in the top flight since 1955 and I'm pretty sure I saw Liverpool's last match outside the top flight when the Swans won 4-1 or 4-2 at the Vetch at the end of the 1961-62 season when Liverpool were promoted along with Leyton Orient!!! I can also remember Man U, Spurs and Man City all playing outside the top flight in the 70s but never Arsenal who have been there for about 100 years.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 17:32]

I was there for that Swans v Liverpool game in May 1962, and the Swans won 4 - 2.

This was the same season that The Scum were relegated from the First Division 😂

Perspective on 17:33 - Oct 7 with 1339 viewskarnataka

Perspective on 17:16 - Oct 7 by theloneranger

I was there for that Swans v Liverpool game in May 1962, and the Swans won 4 - 2.

This was the same season that The Scum were relegated from the First Division 😂

Sorry, yes, I worded my post badly, by "they" I meant the Swans won which they definitely did but it reads like Liverpool won, I've edited it so it reads as I intended now!
Perspective on 17:42 - Oct 7 with 1314 viewsladyjack

I remember Man Utd getting relegated and they were a huge club back then with better players [comparatively] than they have now, what is in their favour is the top division was more competitive then than now as in everyone could beat every one, a draw away to a team at the wrong end of the table by a top team was often seen as a decent result, not now of course as the teams outside the bottom 6 are so weak.
Perspective on 18:39 - Oct 7 with 1284 viewsmonmouth

Perspective on 17:42 - Oct 7 by ladyjack

I remember Man Utd getting relegated and they were a huge club back then with better players [comparatively] than they have now, what is in their favour is the top division was more competitive then than now as in everyone could beat every one, a draw away to a team at the wrong end of the table by a top team was often seen as a decent result, not now of course as the teams outside the bottom 6 are so weak.

Dennis Law (who cried afterwards) backheel for Man City sent them down. Sweet.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Perspective on 18:43 - Oct 7 with 1277 viewsladyjack

Perspective on 18:39 - Oct 7 by monmouth

Very sweet, crowd invaded the pitch to get the game abandoned but the authorities let the result stand.
Perspective on 19:31 - Oct 7 with 1224 viewstheloneranger

Perspective on 19:47 - Oct 7 with 1187 viewsJoe_bradshaw

One of the great urban myths.

To clarify, they were down even if Law had backheeled an own goal and given them victory. He didn't know it at the time but it made no difference.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 21:02]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024