Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team Captain 12:07 - Oct 7 with 2833 viewsOldjack

The team captain of an association football team, sometimes known as the skipper, is a team member chosen to be the on-pitch leader of the team: it is often one of the older/or more experienced members of the squad, or a player that can heavily influence a game or have good leadership qualities

I saw glimpses of that coming out of Ayew on Saturday ,during the game and especially after went 1-2 down , I saw jack shyte coming from Grimes the whole game apart from bouts of laziness and his static admiration of his now and again decent pass ,plus his glaring non tackling when the going gets tough ,he needs to take a leaf out of Joe's book

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Team Captain on 14:49 - Oct 7 with 815 viewsNWSwans

Team Captain on 14:45 - Oct 7 by jack247

Agreed. I meant if I was selecting a captain with hindsight, I’d give it to VdH, then Ayew. As we are now, Grimes keeps it 100%

Yes VDH should've kept it.

Maybe we should try to improve Grimes as captain as I believe he has the potential rather then just give up after 10 games and say he cant cut it
Team Captain on 15:17 - Oct 7 with 792 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Ayew would make a good captain of an arms waving team. He's no fool to be fair and certainly knows how to give the right impression whilst not actually playing a team game.

Captaincy in the modern game is way overrated. It's not as though our sh1te midfield is going to be transformed by a different bloke wearing an armband.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Team Captain on 15:21 - Oct 7 with 786 viewsTreforys_Jack

Team Captain on 15:17 - Oct 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Ayew would make a good captain of an arms waving team. He's no fool to be fair and certainly knows how to give the right impression whilst not actually playing a team game.

Captaincy in the modern game is way overrated. It's not as though our sh1te midfield is going to be transformed by a different bloke wearing an armband.

Ayew and Roberts sprinted down the tunnel virtually before the echoes of the final whistle had ended.
Team Captain on 15:21 - Oct 7 with 783 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There should be 11 captains out there

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Team Captain on 15:25 - Oct 7 with 773 viewsjack247

Team Captain on 15:17 - Oct 7 by Joe_bradshaw

It’s more the chasing down lost causes and harrying of opponents than the arm waving. You can’t fake that.

Agree that the captaincy is overrated though.
Team Captain on 17:08 - Oct 7 with 749 viewsBadlands

Team Captain on 14:49 - Oct 7 by NWSwans

Yes VDH should've kept it.

Maybe we should try to improve Grimes as captain as I believe he has the potential rather then just give up after 10 games and say he cant cut it

When has Grimes shown any inkling that he is a leader?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Team Captain on 18:19 - Oct 7 with 735 viewsblackpooljack

Team Captain on 14:35 - Oct 7 by NWSwans

I wouldn't take it off Grimes, no telling how damaging that will be to the lads confidence
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 14:35]

Well its not doing much for his confidence OR ability having it.
Team Captain on 21:06 - Oct 7 with 690 viewsLibertarian

Team Captain on 12:21 - Oct 7 by Swanjaxs

Take the captain's armband off Grimes and hand it back to VDH, the responsibility is affecting his game, not a criticism of Cooper it's just not working

Spot on
Login to get fewer ads

Team Captain on 21:15 - Oct 7 with 684 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Team Captain on 14:35 - Oct 7 by NWSwans

I wouldn't take it off Grimes, no telling how damaging that will be to the lads confidence
[Post edited 7 Oct 2019 14:35]

Not a reason not to do it imo

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Team Captain on 09:34 - Oct 8 with 602 viewsNWSwans

Team Captain on 21:15 - Oct 7 by PatchesOHoulihan

Not a reason not to do it imo

Player of season last year, captain material he may not turn out to be, good midfielder he is
Team Captain on 11:55 - Oct 8 with 570 viewsBadlands

Team Captain on 09:34 - Oct 8 by NWSwans

Player of season last year, captain material he may not turn out to be, good midfielder he is

Part of the reason he was admired so much was he played well everywhere Potter played him and he was better in mid-field than other options.
IMO, the pressure of captaincy with the expectation of quality from a regular and stable starting position has left him exposed.
He's good but it looks like Cooper's set up isn't playing to his strengths.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024