Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? 18:40 - Oct 7 with 8627 viewsladyjack

Can Trump and America be trusted ?
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:07 - Oct 10 with 1026 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Talking Italian

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:11 - Oct 10 with 1018 viewsHighjack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 11:54 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

Most of his supporters simply don’t give a sh*t.

It was obvious in 2016 that he is a complete psychopath, his attacks on women and other groups didn’t put off his supporters then. Why on earth would they care about the Kurds?

They’ll only care when he comes for them. Guess what, it’ll be too late.

I think being a vicious psychopath is one of the requirements of that role given the long list of previous occupants.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:29 - Oct 10 with 1007 viewsAce_Jack

On an unrelated but deliciously ironic note.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 1006 viewslondonlisa2001

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:11 - Oct 10 by Highjack

I think being a vicious psychopath is one of the requirements of that role given the long list of previous occupants.

And I think that constantly pretending that his behaviour is run of the mill for someone occupying his position when it’s quite clearly not is ridiculous.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:33 - Oct 10 with 1004 viewscontroversial_jack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 10:07 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Exactly.

It’s all gone to shit over there since the heroic and noble Tony Blair stopped being peace ambassador.

Us foreign policy doesn't change with it's presidents
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:03 - Oct 10 with 982 viewsHumpty

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 10:21 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

I don’t know? Back in 2016 he was saying what every industrial worker in the western world wanted to hear.

Many of these same people must now be wondering just how much damage is this fool capable of inflicting? I may be naive but I believe that most folk do have an innate sense of right and wrong.

People with an innate sense of right and wrong don't cheer and clap and laugh when a Presidential candidate mocks a disabled man.

Or cheer when a draft dodger attacks PoWs for getting captured. Then attacks the parents of dead soldiers.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:11 - Oct 10 with 976 viewsAce_Jack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:03 - Oct 10 by Humpty

People with an innate sense of right and wrong don't cheer and clap and laugh when a Presidential candidate mocks a disabled man.

Or cheer when a draft dodger attacks PoWs for getting captured. Then attacks the parents of dead soldiers.

snowflake
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:25 - Oct 10 with 966 viewsLohengrin

No they don’t, but when you’re trying your best to raise children and have a mortgage hanging around your neck like a millstone and a politician comes along and says over and over that his main priority is safeguarding your industry then you’re apt to support him.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 962 viewslondonlisa2001

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:25 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

No they don’t, but when you’re trying your best to raise children and have a mortgage hanging around your neck like a millstone and a politician comes along and says over and over that his main priority is safeguarding your industry then you’re apt to support him.

In which case your previous assertion that people have an innate sense of when too far is too far is flawed.

They only care when it affects them. Deeply depressing.

The issue is that they don’t appear to realise that if a politician is a liar he’s a liar. If he’s prepared to shaft others don’t be surprised when he shafts you.

They’re finding that out of course at the moment as businesses get destroyed because of his tariff war with China.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 961 viewsJackSomething

Many Americans who call themselves conservative and vote Republican go nuts at any perceived slight against the armed forces (see Colin Kaepernick's protest for evidence).

Strangely when their President mocks a decorated military veteran (Silver Star, 3 Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, 2 Legion of Merit and more), this is fine. When their President removes troops from Turkey seemingly against the wishes of the military because he sees everything as a business decision, this is also fine.

If Obama had done either of those things, they would have been (rightly) extremely angry (not to mention how they would have felt if Bill Clinton had reacted the same way to impeachment proceedings as Trump has). But because it's the guy they voted for, it's all fine.

We think politics over here are so polarised as to be completely f*cked, the Americans take it to another level.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 953 viewsLohengrin

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:30 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

In which case your previous assertion that people have an innate sense of when too far is too far is flawed.

They only care when it affects them. Deeply depressing.

The issue is that they don’t appear to realise that if a politician is a liar he’s a liar. If he’s prepared to shaft others don’t be surprised when he shafts you.

They’re finding that out of course at the moment as businesses get destroyed because of his tariff war with China.

If the continental United States had anything approaching a sensible, equitable system it would barely have to trade outside of itself. I’m certain that somewhere in Kentucky there was a mirror-image of me who fondly imagined that was the line to be toed. He’s been had.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:34 - Oct 10 with 953 viewsJackSomething

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:25 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

I completely agree with this. People who were seeing their industries disappearing, their towns dying, are going to be receptive to someone promising to finally represent their interests in government rather than appease the 1%. Slightly harder to believe when the person saying it is part of the 1%, but still very appealing.

Hopefully enough of them are now realising it was all complete crap, but I guess we won't really know until the election.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:40 - Oct 10 with 937 viewsLohengrin

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:34 - Oct 10 by JackSomething

I completely agree with this. People who were seeing their industries disappearing, their towns dying, are going to be receptive to someone promising to finally represent their interests in government rather than appease the 1%. Slightly harder to believe when the person saying it is part of the 1%, but still very appealing.

Hopefully enough of them are now realising it was all complete crap, but I guess we won't really know until the election.

He’s crap, I don’t for one minute think the sentiment he hijacked is.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:48 - Oct 10 with 928 viewsJonathans_coat

I am yet to see any real explanation for abandoning the Kurds in this manner, yet alone a valid argument.

The only thing Trump has put forward is that it’s okay, because the Kurds didn’t help the US in WW2! Beyond nonsensical, and completely irrelevant.

Does anybody think this is not a strategic mistake, as well as being morally disgraceful? Can anyone defend Trump here? Not even his own incredibly partisan political allies are defending this one!
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:52 - Oct 10 with 921 viewsAce_Jack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:48 - Oct 10 by Jonathans_coat

I am yet to see any real explanation for abandoning the Kurds in this manner, yet alone a valid argument.

The only thing Trump has put forward is that it’s okay, because the Kurds didn’t help the US in WW2! Beyond nonsensical, and completely irrelevant.

Does anybody think this is not a strategic mistake, as well as being morally disgraceful? Can anyone defend Trump here? Not even his own incredibly partisan political allies are defending this one!

Might have something to do with Trumps business interests in Turkey, or his fawning love for Erdogan and Putin, or both.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:58 - Oct 10 with 910 viewsHumpty

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:48 - Oct 10 by Jonathans_coat

His usual defenders on here are conspicuous by their absence.

You know what he's done is indefensible when his sycophantic cult followers aren't even trying.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:10 - Oct 10 with 895 viewsHighjack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 12:31 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

And I think that constantly pretending that his behaviour is run of the mill for someone occupying his position when it’s quite clearly not is ridiculous.

They’re all ruthless killers willing to bring shock and awe to far away lands leaving countless millions dead. Lots have been sex addicts, more concerned with using their power to do interns over the Oval Office desk. Several rape allegations, bugged offices, bombs flying everywhere, entire regions decimated. All while they keep a smile on their face with no remorse whatsoever.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:13 - Oct 10 with 892 viewsAce_Jack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:10 - Oct 10 by Highjack

They’re all ruthless killers willing to bring shock and awe to far away lands leaving countless millions dead. Lots have been sex addicts, more concerned with using their power to do interns over the Oval Office desk. Several rape allegations, bugged offices, bombs flying everywhere, entire regions decimated. All while they keep a smile on their face with no remorse whatsoever.

That doesn't make the current behavior any less abhorrent
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:15 - Oct 10 with 886 viewsHighjack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:13 - Oct 10 by Ace_Jack

That doesn't make the current behavior any less abhorrent

I didn’t suggest anything of the sort. “Vicious psychopath” was inclusive of Trump. In fact he’s probably a bit overqualified.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:22 - Oct 10 with 879 viewsLohengrin

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:15 - Oct 10 by Highjack

I didn’t suggest anything of the sort. “Vicious psychopath” was inclusive of Trump. In fact he’s probably a bit overqualified.

Remind yourself just how overqualified.

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:33 - Oct 10 with 860 viewslondonlisa2001

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 13:34 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

If the continental United States had anything approaching a sensible, equitable system it would barely have to trade outside of itself. I’m certain that somewhere in Kentucky there was a mirror-image of me who fondly imagined that was the line to be toed. He’s been had.

He hasn’t been had as such.

It was completely obvious that Trump was lying even then.

You only had to look at the evidence. He used Chinese steel himself. Chinese workers for his products. Illegal breaches of working practises. God, even the MAGA hats were made in China. He wouldn’t release his tax returns for fear they would demonstrate who he is beholden to (and look at the effect that has on policy at present).

People weren’t had, they just chose to believe a maniac when all evidence told them he was a maniac. They just liked him ranting about Mexicans, or Muslims, or Clinton. More fool them.
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:46 - Oct 10 with 844 viewsLohengrin

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:33 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

He hasn’t been had as such.

It was completely obvious that Trump was lying even then.

You only had to look at the evidence. He used Chinese steel himself. Chinese workers for his products. Illegal breaches of working practises. God, even the MAGA hats were made in China. He wouldn’t release his tax returns for fear they would demonstrate who he is beholden to (and look at the effect that has on policy at present).

People weren’t had, they just chose to believe a maniac when all evidence told them he was a maniac. They just liked him ranting about Mexicans, or Muslims, or Clinton. More fool them.

You can’t blame a sinking man for clutching at straws though, can you?

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:52 - Oct 10 with 837 viewslondonlisa2001

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:46 - Oct 10 by Lohengrin

You can’t blame a sinking man for clutching at straws though, can you?

Of course you can.

Otherwise where does it end? Anything is ok as long as the person doing it is good for you? What sort of society is that?
Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:58 - Oct 10 with 824 viewsLohengrin

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:52 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

Of course you can.

Otherwise where does it end? Anything is ok as long as the person doing it is good for you? What sort of society is that?

‘You’ singular or ‘You’ as a nation?

I’m not talking about Trump here I’m just fishing as to whether you recognise there is such a thing as a hierarchy of concern and responsibilities or not?

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 15:01 - Oct 10 with 815 viewsladyjack

Is America abandoning one of its allies ? on 14:52 - Oct 10 by londonlisa2001

Of course you can.

I've always voted for what I think is best for the country and not just best for myself, but unfortunately due to people being full of self interest and being stupid and selfish they just vote for what's best for them and not what is best for society as a whole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024