Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips 19:23 - Oct 7 with 2443 viewswaynekerr55

Kinder, more gentle politics, hey?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 19:30 - Oct 7 with 1873 viewsHighjack

She will be sorely missed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 19:43 - Oct 7 with 1841 viewsNeath_Jack

Big Swans fan.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 19:45 - Oct 7 with 1832 viewssplJack

Lovely left peg.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:01 - Oct 7 with 1794 viewsVetchfielder

I like her a lot and I would predict that she will be reselected. If she's not then it will be another nail in Labour's coffin.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:05 - Oct 7 with 1780 viewsBrynmill_Jack

More gentile politics???? She’s not Jewish !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:10 - Oct 7 with 1765 viewsFlashberryjack

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:01 - Oct 7 by Vetchfielder

I like her a lot and I would predict that she will be reselected. If she's not then it will be another nail in Labour's coffin.

She "is" one of the nails in Labours coffin.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:16 - Oct 7 with 1749 viewsbluey_the_blue

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:05 - Oct 7 by Brynmill_Jack

More gentile politics???? She’s not Jewish !

Assuming you're not trolling, he said "gentle".

If you're not trolling, bit of a freudian slip.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:24 - Oct 7 with 1724 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:16 - Oct 7 by bluey_the_blue

Assuming you're not trolling, he said "gentle".

If you're not trolling, bit of a freudian slip.

It was an intentionally topical slip. No offence meant whatsoever. Just a play on words

Login to get fewer ads

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:39 - Oct 7 with 1683 viewsmajorraglan

I don’t know the background to this, but if it’s the left wing pushing it they are pushing the party towards the abyss. To regain power they need to be able to attract the middle ground and swing voters, that won’t happen if they polarise at one end of the spectrum. They will only realise when they spend 20 years in the wilderness like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:52 - Oct 7 with 1663 viewsbluey_the_blue

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:39 - Oct 7 by majorraglan

I don’t know the background to this, but if it’s the left wing pushing it they are pushing the party towards the abyss. To regain power they need to be able to attract the middle ground and swing voters, that won’t happen if they polarise at one end of the spectrum. They will only realise when they spend 20 years in the wilderness like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Momentum trying to purge dissenters.

Hasn't worked so far.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 21:04 - Oct 7 with 1628 viewsladyjack

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 20:39 - Oct 7 by majorraglan

That would not be the Labour party, its the Red Tories that should breakaway and form their own party, I can even suggest a name for them...……….the 'Red Tory' party.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:27 - Oct 7 with 1548 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 21:04 - Oct 7 by ladyjack

That would not be the Labour party, its the Red Tories that should breakaway and form their own party, I can even suggest a name for them...……….the 'Red Tory' party.

Did you come up with that yourself or did you have a team of monkeys working around the clock ?

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:30 - Oct 7 with 1537 viewsLohengrin

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:27 - Oct 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Did you come up with that yourself or did you have a team of monkeys working around the clock ?

Just the one.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:43 - Oct 7 with 1511 viewsLeonWasGod

Moronic again from Labour. They’re not fit to run a bath, never mind the country.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:59 - Oct 7 with 1488 viewsLohengrin

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:43 - Oct 7 by LeonWasGod

Moronic again from Labour. They’re not fit to run a bath, never mind the country.

Ideological purity, Comrade!

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 23:05 - Oct 7 with 1474 viewsLeonWasGod

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 22:59 - Oct 7 by Lohengrin

Ideological purity, Comrade!

Aye, a good old cleanse of the class traitors. Magic Grandpa’s off his rocker if he thinks this is how he’ll win an election.
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 06:16 - Oct 8 with 1360 viewswaynekerr55

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 23:05 - Oct 7 by LeonWasGod

Aye, a good old cleanse of the class traitors. Magic Grandpa’s off his rocker if he thinks this is how he’ll win an election.

It makes you think if he does want to win an election. Its easy to stand from the sidelines shouting in rather than having to make decisions

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 07:17 - Oct 8 with 1314 viewsVetchfielder

Jess Phillips was reselected by her local party last night.
Good news.

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 08:30 - Oct 8 with 1265 viewsLohengrin

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 07:17 - Oct 8 by Vetchfielder

Jess Phillips was reselected by her local party last night.
Good news.

Do you know the ins and outs of this? I could be wrong but I’m guessing this motion could only have been moved and decided by her local constituency party.

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 09:40 - Oct 8 with 1214 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 08:30 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

Do you know the ins and outs of this? I could be wrong but I’m guessing this motion could only have been moved and decided by her local constituency party.

Indeed

This is happening all over the labour constituency’s

Don’t feed the trolls

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 09:54 - Oct 8 with 1194 viewsVetchfielder

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 08:30 - Oct 8 by Lohengrin

I don't think so - the motion was not moved or initiated by her local party. It happened as a matter of course or default.
My understanding is that every Labour MP will need to go through the same process as Jess Phillips went through last night - some have already done so.
Each constituency has to vote as to whether their MP gets automatically reselected or whether they have to go through a mini-election where other Labour candidates can put themselves forward and compete against the standing MP.
Last night Jess Phillips was voted to be automatically reselected without being challenged.
The voting is a bit complicated from what I remember and somehow union branches get involved in the vote; didn't quite understand the mechanics of that aspect of it.

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 10:02 - Oct 8 with 1186 viewsLohengrin

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 09:54 - Oct 8 by Vetchfielder

I don't think so - the motion was not moved or initiated by her local party. It happened as a matter of course or default.
My understanding is that every Labour MP will need to go through the same process as Jess Phillips went through last night - some have already done so.
Each constituency has to vote as to whether their MP gets automatically reselected or whether they have to go through a mini-election where other Labour candidates can put themselves forward and compete against the standing MP.
Last night Jess Phillips was voted to be automatically reselected without being challenged.
The voting is a bit complicated from what I remember and somehow union branches get involved in the vote; didn't quite understand the mechanics of that aspect of it.

Alright. Fair enough. I suppose I along with quite a few others was labouring (excuse the pun ) under the impression that this was a move specifically aimed at her.

I’ve learned something new this morning. Best way to start a day.

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 10:14 - Oct 8 with 1170 viewsLeonWasGod

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 09:54 - Oct 8 by Vetchfielder

Ah, there we are then. Another storm in a teacup. My comments about Magic Grandpa stand though
Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 10:20 - Oct 8 with 1162 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

More misinformed guff .

Right wing press really eat your brains

Stop it mun

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 10:34 - Oct 8 with 1152 viewsLeonWasGod

Now an attempt to deselect Jess Phillips on 10:20 - Oct 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

More misinformed guff .

Right wing press really eat your brains

Stop it mun

The trouble is there's an element that does target anyone who doesn't toe the party line at all times, so it's believable behaviour. Labour's split, that's undeniable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024