Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread 12:13 - Oct 8 with 8811 viewsjackharris

5 Swans (Current or Ex) Starting...

[Post edited 10 Oct 2019 18:28]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:51 - Oct 10 with 1752 viewsmonmouth

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:49 - Oct 10 by Oneill_77

Hartson sums it up well, fair play.

‘Shit’ ?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 10 with 1731 views34dfgdf54

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 10 by swancity

That’s right. It’s because they don’t come up against strikers that resemble second row forwards every week. If that’s the best that Wales can do up front you might as well ask Warren Gatland to manage the team. Let’s get Alun Wyn Jones in as well up front what a pairing that would be.

Ok
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:55 - Oct 10 with 1722 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:45 - Oct 10 by raynor94

Sums your football knowledge succinctly

He's right though. Kieffer has spent most of his career in the lower leagues down to the conference, with only the odd spell in the Chamopionship (a yaear earlier on, and then a dismal year with Ipswich a couple of years ago). He's a lower league player who's had a good last 15 months and got into the national side off the back of that. Good luck to him. He's honest and a hard worker.
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 10 with 1709 views34dfgdf54

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:55 - Oct 10 by LeonWasGod

He's right though. Kieffer has spent most of his career in the lower leagues down to the conference, with only the odd spell in the Chamopionship (a yaear earlier on, and then a dismal year with Ipswich a couple of years ago). He's a lower league player who's had a good last 15 months and got into the national side off the back of that. Good luck to him. He's honest and a hard worker.

Who cares? They couldn’t deal with him tonight, his selection is not something to beat Giggs about, it worked a treat.
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:58 - Oct 10 with 1701 viewscentrestandswan

Ratcliffe raving over Moore on Radio Wales and some of the comments are classic. Can't wait for the phone in.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:04 - Oct 10 with 1666 viewsswancity

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 10 by 34dfgdf54

Who cares? They couldn’t deal with him tonight, his selection is not something to beat Giggs about, it worked a treat.

It didn’t work though. He’s immobile, one paced and limited whilst being a willing worker albeit a slow one. You do worry when a team plays a 6’5” forward on his own up front. Certainly not as good as say Vokes either.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 10 with 1650 viewsmonmouth

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:04 - Oct 10 by swancity

It didn’t work though. He’s immobile, one paced and limited whilst being a willing worker albeit a slow one. You do worry when a team plays a 6’5” forward on his own up front. Certainly not as good as say Vokes either.

Not as good as Vokes? 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:09 - Oct 10 with 1642 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 10 by 34dfgdf54

Good point. I certainly don't care and it doesn't matter at all. He's a hard working, honest pro who will give defences a hard time. But it is true.

No, it should be something used to beat Giggs with. Where was Vokes out of interest?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 10 with 1613 viewsSwanjaxs

A lad makes his first competitive start

Scores a goal

Spills blood for his country

And gets slated...

Only in Wales aye 🙄

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 10 with 1577 viewssainthelens

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:37 - Oct 10 by PozuelosSideys

We seem to be happy with a point here. No idea why. Virtually eliminates us

Think we need 7 points from remaining 3 games.
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:31 - Oct 10 with 1539 viewsbonymine

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 10 by Swanjaxs

A lad makes his first competitive start

Scores a goal

Spills blood for his country

And gets slated...

Only in Wales aye 🙄

Totally agree unbelievable the lad gave his all & got their player sent off who simply couldn’t deal with him ....

We always seem to seek out the ‘escaped goat’ ...same for the Swans every week and evidently now for Wales too 🙈🙄🙄

Some people seem to thrive on negativity and criticism well just Phuk Off is it and take your negativity elsewhere.

W⚓️S All

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 23:00 - Oct 10 with 1474 viewsChief

As much as I cant stand Giggs he did the best with the players available to him tonight. And he must be more educated than many Welsh fans who are depressed because if we beat Hungary at home and Azerbaijan (not going to be easy I know) we are through regardless of the Croatia game Sunday due to our head to head records against Slovakia.

For once I thought Giggs had the tactics spot on to be honest, Moore had that other chance (which he did everything right on), we hit the bar and should have had a pen, plus Rodons late effort. Much improved performance and gives me renewed hope.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 23:21 - Oct 10 with 1435 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 23:00 - Oct 10 by Chief

As much as I cant stand Giggs he did the best with the players available to him tonight. And he must be more educated than many Welsh fans who are depressed because if we beat Hungary at home and Azerbaijan (not going to be easy I know) we are through regardless of the Croatia game Sunday due to our head to head records against Slovakia.

For once I thought Giggs had the tactics spot on to be honest, Moore had that other chance (which he did everything right on), we hit the bar and should have had a pen, plus Rodons late effort. Much improved performance and gives me renewed hope.

I agree.

Enjoyed the game.
Good result without certain starters in Rambo and Dai Brookes.

Plenty to work on.
Still not getting the best from Bale and James.
Not convinced by Giggs.

We can do this .... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇪🇺 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:00 - Oct 11 with 1380 viewsBadlands

Mrs made me watch ... kept tell me to be quiet as I was analysing Swans and ex-Swans.
My take
Good displays from lower league players
Giggs has to be dropped
Hennessy needs to be replaced ... their keeper came for every ball and got most. Hennessey retreated to his line, he should have come for and claimed the cross Roberts headed out when they scored.
James still has problems with the final ball but incredible skill to assist the goal.
Allen is a dirty sod as we saw last week.
Can we have Ampadu in January?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 0:01]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 07:41 - Oct 11 with 1258 viewstaffpunk

I must have watched a different game to some of you. I thought we played well, and that Moore fella was excellent. Cue comments of 'you're used to watching sh@t every week'.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 7:51]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 07:43 - Oct 11 with 1254 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 07:41 - Oct 11 by taffpunk

I must have watched a different game to some of you. I thought we played well, and that Moore fella was excellent. Cue comments of 'you're used to watching sh@t every week'.

I agree, a much better Wales than of late, very positive, thought Bale was tired and out of sorts.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 07:58 - Oct 11 with 1224 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 10 by sainthelens

Think we need 7 points from remaining 3 games.

6 might work but we’d need Croatia to keep pushing.
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 11:35 - Oct 11 with 1095 viewsBryanSwan

So Moore is scapegoated for the draw then?
Though he did well, gave more shape to the team then when we have played with no out and out strikers.
Jonny Williams also had a decent game going forward.
Midfield seemed weak though and we gave away a good few chances which Slovakia didnt take.
Better than the Azerbaijan and Hungary games. But worse than we were with Coleman.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2019 11:35]

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:01 - Oct 11 with 969 viewsTNT

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 07:41 - Oct 11 by taffpunk

He is more your kinda player though... lump it to me an I'll try an ed it in.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:03 - Oct 11 with 965 viewsTNT

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:01 - Oct 11 by TNT

Give him a quality cross from a Jack winger and he'll make a headed goal look quality.

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:15 - Oct 12 with 924 viewsraynor94

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 21:01 - Oct 11 by TNT

He had a tidy game, scored 1 unlucky with the one that hit the bar, I fail to see the need to put him down

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:34 - Oct 12 with 919 viewsswancity

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:15 - Oct 12 by raynor94

He had a tidy game, scored 1 unlucky with the one that hit the bar, I fail to see the need to put him down

He did have a “tidy” game didn’t he but you’ve missed the point. The point being that Giggs has selected a lower league journeyman target man in the mould of a Julian Alsop Steven Torpey Andy MacFarlane for a vital qualifier.

And those players represent his (Moore) standard. Let’s not try to pretend that Moore has a future at this level as he doesn’t ... it’s a farcical selection from Giggs. Would you want Steve Torpey playing up front for Wales. You get my point now...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 20:45 - Oct 12 with 835 views34dfgdf54

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:34 - Oct 12 by swancity

He did have a “tidy” game didn’t he but you’ve missed the point. The point being that Giggs has selected a lower league journeyman target man in the mould of a Julian Alsop Steven Torpey Andy MacFarlane for a vital qualifier.

And those players represent his (Moore) standard. Let’s not try to pretend that Moore has a future at this level as he doesn’t ... it’s a farcical selection from Giggs. Would you want Steve Torpey playing up front for Wales. You get my point now...

He plays in the championship like a lot of the squad do ffs.

Not sure if you’ve grasped it yet but the guy you said should be picked instead of him, plays for Stoke.
The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:15 - Oct 12 with 800 viewshaxbyjack

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:34 - Oct 12 by swancity

And you would have picked who instead, that would’ve scored and worked as hard and caused as many problems for them?

Plastic through and through, grounds to date! Lincoln City, Kidderminster Harriers, Macclesfield, Harlepool Utd, Northampton Town, York City, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bristol Rovers, Bury, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Coventry, Bristol City, Crewe, Tranmere Rovers, Sheff Utd, Port Vale, Oldham, Walsall, Swindon Town, Preston, BRadford City, Rotherham United, Peterborough Utd, Bolton Wanderers, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Birmingham City, Doncaster Rovers ( old & new), Middlesbrough, Derby County, Huddersfield Town, Blackburn Rovers, Leeds Utd, Reading, Wigan Athletic, Leicester City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, QPR, Blackpool, Sunderland, West Brom, Hull City, Fulham, Everton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Arsenal (old & new), Newcastle United, Scum, Norwich City, West Ham Utd, Stoke City (old & new), Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Wembley, Millenium & Malmo....... Manchester United, Darlington ( forgot them) To be continued.....

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 22:26 - Oct 12 with 790 viewsTNT

The Official Slovakia vs Wales Match Thread on 00:15 - Oct 12 by raynor94

It's a c'ff city put down you twonk. I know ewe luvs em. Not long til the 27th now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024