Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 Black Bin Bag Rule 17:41 - Oct 8 with 3681 viewsSgorioFruit

Carmarthenshire council have now enforced this 3 black bag collection rule. So that is 3 bags per fortnight.
I understand this rule has been in place for some time in the Swansea area.
How on earth do you guys manage just to put out 3 bags per fortnight?
And I recycle nearly 3 times as more than what I put in the black bags.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2019 17:41]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:23 - Oct 9 with 1283 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:16 - Oct 9 by Lohengrin

Eat out a lot?

We fill a recycling bag full of plastic every week, a large family would need more than one of those
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 13:18 - Oct 9 with 1251 viewsalltjack

I,m in NPTC.Two of us in the house and we recycle religiouslyThey collect black bin every fortnight but we can go 4-6 weeks before I need to put it out.They collect everything else every week.We put out the paper every 2-3 weeks,cardboard and glass the same.Food waste every week but the frightening thing is plastics,it,s overflowing every week,I can,t believe we use so much.Tesco Pontardawe has got rid of the Deli,has no Meat or Fish counter and everything comes wrapped in plastic.Surely the big supermarkets need to address this.Went into Morrisons yesterday and was happy to see Paper Carriers for sale alongside Plastic ones.Problem was they were twice the price
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 13:25 - Oct 9 with 1242 viewsLeonWasGod

We put out 1 small black bag per fortnight for a family of 4, weighing a couple of pounds at most. What are you doing - disposing body parts?
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 16:53 - Oct 9 with 1188 viewsVetchfielder

I live in Carmarthenshire but I have not (yet) been made aware of this. Did you get a letter or leaflet through the door Sgoriofruit?

Proud to have been one of the 231

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:22 - Oct 9 with 1131 viewsmajorraglan

It’s defo been in the public domain a while. I read this article and had a rant to the wife, she looked at me as if I had been living on Mars and said it was old news. First I’d heard f it though.
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:34 - Oct 9 with 1127 viewsTenbySwan

On 4th November Pembrokeshire are introducing new grey bags for black bag rubbish, all houses will be given 52 of these for the year, and you can put one out per week, 3 every 3 weeks when they are collected. You wont be able to buy any more.

If you take black bags to the tip they are opened to check that you have no recycling in there.
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:43 - Oct 9 with 1121 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 13:25 - Oct 9 by LeonWasGod

We put out 1 small black bag per fortnight for a family of 4, weighing a couple of pounds at most. What are you doing - disposing body parts?

Do you eat out a lot?
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 08:33 - Oct 10 with 1064 viewsraynor94

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:43 - Oct 9 by controversial_jack

Do you eat out a lot?

What do you put in a black bag then?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 17:24 - Oct 10 with 1011 viewsAndy1300

2 of us at home and we usually have 1 bag a month

Number 1 team in Wales

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 18:58 - Oct 10 with 994 viewssherpajacob

vale of Glamorgan is 2 black bags per fortnight.

we are a family of 4 and we manage without any real difficulty

Recycling and food waste is every week

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 21:59 - Oct 10 with 967 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 08:33 - Oct 10 by raynor94

What do you put in a black bag then?

Just standard stuff, but sometimes i sneak in things that I want to get rid off from the house
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:00 - Oct 10 with 958 viewsDJack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 21:59 - Oct 10 by controversial_jack

Just standard stuff, but sometimes i sneak in things that I want to get rid off from the house

Yep, bodyparts.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:55 - Oct 10 with 945 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 23:00 - Oct 10 by DJack

Yep, bodyparts.

I've said too much already.
3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 20:57 - Oct 12 with 847 viewsUxbridge

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:16 - Oct 9 by Lohengrin

Eat out a lot?

The staff take the scraps back to their hovels I imagine

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:58 - Oct 13 with 780 viewsshandyjack

here in Cyprus they collect twice a week and there is no limited to how many bags you can put out. I even put an old sofa out and they took that too, recycling is collected once a week

Poll: Expectation for the season

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 09:51 - Oct 14 with 702 viewsCatullus

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:04 - Oct 9 by JackSomething

Now that seems mental. The whole point is to get people to recycle things that they used to put in black bags. Limiting the number of recycling bags seems counter-productive to me. People who are recycling that much should be championed, not given the third degree.

Is it possibly because of the rural areas they have to cover, meaning sometimes recycling vans are full before finishing route?

What people seem to miss about limiting black bags is that councils are doing everything they can to hit targets. If they don't meet them, they will get fined. Then the same people moaning about black bags and refuse collectors getting a pay cut will moan that other council services have to be cut.

I uinderstand all that but there are times when we've had more than 3 black bags, like Christmas or very recently when we moved home. If the point is to save the environment, why force people into putting black bags in their boot and then drive to the tip? More fuel used, more emissions etc.
We live in Neath now and the recycling here seems very much better. We have wheelie bins and a bag for plastics and tins, one for cardboard and cartons but also a box for glass, one for paper and a small bag for batteries.

Mind you, the council tax in Skewen is a lot more, the same band here as the old house is around £300 more.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 12:14 - Oct 14 with 674 viewsunion_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 09:51 - Oct 14 by Catullus

I uinderstand all that but there are times when we've had more than 3 black bags, like Christmas or very recently when we moved home. If the point is to save the environment, why force people into putting black bags in their boot and then drive to the tip? More fuel used, more emissions etc.
We live in Neath now and the recycling here seems very much better. We have wheelie bins and a bag for plastics and tins, one for cardboard and cartons but also a box for glass, one for paper and a small bag for batteries.

Mind you, the council tax in Skewen is a lot more, the same band here as the old house is around £300 more.

Tip?

Tip??

It’s a recycling centre (as I was informed when I called it a tip on a visit there recently).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 631 viewsBanosswan

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 12:14 - Oct 14 by union_jack

Tip?

Tip??

It’s a recycling centre (as I was informed when I called it a tip on a visit there recently).

I'm glad the Recycling Facilitation Coordinator (man who works in tip) corrected you promptly.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 19:05 - Oct 14 with 611 viewsJackSomething

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 09:51 - Oct 14 by Catullus

Christmas comes once a year and most packaging can be recycled, wrapping paper can be squashed and you can get loads in a bag. Moving house is a rare event. If you have to go the recycling centre once after Christmas and when you move house, it's not the end of the world is it? The environmental damage caused by your occasional drive is surely better than letting people get away with chucking everything in black bags and increasing the amount going to landfill.

The point for councils isn't to save the environment. The point for them is they've been set targets and if they don't hit them they will get fined. With councils all over the country struggling financially and being forced to cut services, I don't find the occasional trip to the recycling centre to be much of an issue. I'd rather that than have my council tax go up again in the event of missing targets.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 09:43 - Oct 18 with 506 viewscontroversial_jack

3 Black Bin Bag Rule on 10:58 - Oct 13 by shandyjack

here in Cyprus they collect twice a week and there is no limited to how many bags you can put out. I even put an old sofa out and they took that too, recycling is collected once a week

As it should be here too. We are the customers, they shouldn't be telling us what to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024