Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread 20:08 - Oct 11 with 6884 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 18:40]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:57 - Oct 13 with 1567 viewsSirjohnalot

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:26 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

It’s complicated. Something to do with other nations league group winners qualifying automatically or something.

Ifs because Japan beat Scotland, we got a bonus point and Glamorgan’s strong finish in the Championship....or something like that
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:59 - Oct 13 with 1536 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:42 - Oct 13 by Libertarian

Looks like the plan is to watch them pass it around their back 4 for the 8 additional minutes

no urge to actually do anything
heap of shite

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:00 - Oct 13 with 1527 viewsunion_jack

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:41 - Oct 13 by NotLoyal

Sky TV apologising to viewers because Wales fans using the word shit in a song.
F<ck me, it's snowing in England.

TV commentators apologising for bad language picked up on the mic annoys me. It’s the 21st century for God’s sake. Who on earth would be offended or if so, blame the broadcaster. It’s a football match.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:01 - Oct 13 with 1507 viewsjack2jack

Thought we did well against a top side, or is it just me.
Not saying it was perfect, but still a lot of work to do.
All in all not a bad night's work.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 13 with 1489 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:54 - Oct 13 by BenJ94

That was shocking...very frustrating to watch!

On terrestrial tv in Italy.

I could have watched a badly-dubbed episode of Clarkson & Co. with three tedious twáts fûcking about in various modes of transport. There’s also a channel devoted to selling rugs from Iran. Or Iraq.

I’ll know next time.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 13 with 1468 viewssainthelens

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 21:29 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Following the qualifying group stage, the qualifying play-offs will take place in March 2020 to determine the remaining 4 teams for the finals tournament. Unlike previous editions, the participants of the play-offs will not be decided based on results from the qualifying group stage. Instead, 16 teams will be selected based on their performance in the 2018—19 UEFA Nations League. These teams will be divided into four paths, each containing four teams, with one team from each path qualifying for the final tournament. Each league will have its own play-off path if at least four teams have not already qualified in the conventional qualifying group stage. The Nations League group winners will automatically qualify for the play-off path of their league. If a group winner has already qualified through the qualifying group stage, they will be replaced by the next best-ranked team in the same league. However, if there are not enough non-qualified teams in the same league, then the spot will go to the next best team in the overall ranking. However, group winners cannot face teams from a higher league.[1]

Each play-off path will feature two single-leg semi-finals, and one single-leg final. The best-ranked team will host the fourth-ranked team, and the second-ranked team will host the third-ranked team. The host of the final will be decided by a draw, with semi-final winner 1 or 2 hosting the final. The four play-off path winners will join the 20 teams which have already qualified for UEFA Euro 2020.[10]

So that’s all nice and simple.

Have I just read the good Friday agreement?
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:06 - Oct 13 with 1460 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:05 - Oct 13 by sainthelens

Have I just read the good Friday agreement?

That’s a lot easier to follow.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 13 with 1452 viewsploppy

So the plan from now on is to not put pressure on the opposition back four at all? We sit back and let them play the ball around. When they eventually play the ball forward we try and nick it. When we get the ball we play it around at the back, where it invariably ends up going back to Hennessey who lumps it long - whereupon we probably lose possession (shades of Hartson under Hughes). There's absolutely no point playing back to Hennessey because he's incapable of doing anything other than lumping it long. This may turn out to be a good point but I'm not seeing it at the moment. We're missing Ramsey big time.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:32 - Oct 13 with 1352 viewsKilkennyjack

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 13 by ploppy

So the plan from now on is to not put pressure on the opposition back four at all? We sit back and let them play the ball around. When they eventually play the ball forward we try and nick it. When we get the ball we play it around at the back, where it invariably ends up going back to Hennessey who lumps it long - whereupon we probably lose possession (shades of Hartson under Hughes). There's absolutely no point playing back to Hennessey because he's incapable of doing anything other than lumping it long. This may turn out to be a good point but I'm not seeing it at the moment. We're missing Ramsey big time.

Its a good point.

Our kids are growing up, and drawing with world cup finalists is progress.

Beware of the Risen People

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:57 - Oct 13 with 1286 viewsraynor94

I think Warnock must have given the team talk tonight

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 00:20 - Oct 14 with 1200 viewsmajorraglan

Just back from the game, so didn’t get to see the replays of the fouls etc but my initial thoughts were that Croatia were a very accomplished and polished team who can pass the ball around quite nicely, but they were very dirty and cynical. Thought the barge on James was very poor and should have warranted further punishment.

Wales were a mixed bag, some positives and some negatives. We passed the ball back too much when we should have tried to apply pressure. We are a young team with players mostly drawn from the second tier of football where Croatia have a plethora of players playing at the top level. My personal view is that the FAW got it wrong with the choice of manager after Coleman.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 08:38 - Oct 14 with 1006 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 22:01 - Oct 13 by jack2jack

Thought we did well against a top side, or is it just me.
Not saying it was perfect, but still a lot of work to do.
All in all not a bad night's work.

Agree, that said we don’t seem able to pick it up against less able opponents - for me we rarely look like getting more than 1 goal & as we have a tendency to make the odd error at the back so I for one am not confident we’ll win in Azerbaijan, even before we finish at home to Hungary.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 12:37 - Oct 14 with 911 viewsBytholWyn

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 00:20 - Oct 14 by majorraglan

Just back from the game, so didn’t get to see the replays of the fouls etc but my initial thoughts were that Croatia were a very accomplished and polished team who can pass the ball around quite nicely, but they were very dirty and cynical. Thought the barge on James was very poor and should have warranted further punishment.

Wales were a mixed bag, some positives and some negatives. We passed the ball back too much when we should have tried to apply pressure. We are a young team with players mostly drawn from the second tier of football where Croatia have a plethora of players playing at the top level. My personal view is that the FAW got it wrong with the choice of manager after Coleman.

Agreed on all of the above. Croatia should have got two reds - the Vida knee into the side of James' head, and Petkovic's forearm smash into the back of Ampadu's head.

Giggs has at least shown that he has some limited tactical nous in the last two games, showing proper respect for the opposition (as opposed to the insanity of a 4-3-3 away to Croatia with Vaulks in midfield ffs). However, Carl Robinson would have been a much better appointment. His post-match anaylsis on MOTD Wales highlights programme after both matches was very astute - a vast improvement on the bland generalities and cliches of the usual suspects (yes, Kit Symons, I mean you ).
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 14:09 - Oct 14 with 868 viewsFireboy2

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 00:20 - Oct 14 by majorraglan

Just got back myself major.

Thats a very good assessment, Croatia are a very very good team and holding them to a draw is a good result, they were cynicial, they targeted james from the off which tells me they treated us with resoect.

Its a shame we have a manager with no personality and the players show no respect towards him, big mistake not having osian as manager but we have to suck it up and hope we get two wins in the next two games and if we play like we did second half i can see us doing it.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:08 - Oct 14 with 834 viewsGammon

Sh1te players

Sh1te manager

Sh1te stadium

Don't deserve to go to the Euros.

And how is Jonny Williams a professional footballer? Did he a win a competition?
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:34 - Oct 14 with 814 viewsjack2jack

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 08:38 - Oct 14 by Thornburyswan

Agree, that said we don’t seem able to pick it up against less able opponents - for me we rarely look like getting more than 1 goal & as we have a tendency to make the odd error at the back so I for one am not confident we’ll win in Azerbaijan, even before we finish at home to Hungary.

It's a fair point you're making.It just takes a couple of players to take the game to the opposition, just like Ben did, to make a difference.
I thought we contained them fairly well, didn't give them many chances in fairness, but had to be careful not to leave ourselves too open.
It's a bit shit or bust now, so we'll see.👍
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:41 - Oct 14 with 801 viewsmonmouth

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:34 - Oct 14 by jack2jack

It's a fair point you're making.It just takes a couple of players to take the game to the opposition, just like Ben did, to make a difference.
I thought we contained them fairly well, didn't give them many chances in fairness, but had to be careful not to leave ourselves too open.
It's a bit shit or bust now, so we'll see.👍

Wales won’t win must win games. They don’t do that. Couldn’t even beat the crappy RoI when it mattered. They should have gone for the home win last night not made the massive assumption they’ll win the next two. Good luck to them but I think it’s heavy odds against.

I find it really hard to say ‘we’ while Giggs is there, I’m afraid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 14 with 769 viewsjack2jack

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:41 - Oct 14 by monmouth

Wales won’t win must win games. They don’t do that. Couldn’t even beat the crappy RoI when it mattered. They should have gone for the home win last night not made the massive assumption they’ll win the next two. Good luck to them but I think it’s heavy odds against.

I find it really hard to say ‘we’ while Giggs is there, I’m afraid.

A point well made, shit or bust it is then.😀
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 18:10 - Oct 14 with 752 viewsswancity

Man for man Croatia are streets ahead of Wales so a draw was a decent result. I understood the tactic of conceding possession to them in deep areas but that meant they were comfortable from the kick off and dominated the opening 15 mins with 81% possesssion. Wales deserve praise though for battling back into the game after being outclassed and outplayed for 20 mins

Meanwhile Giggs won’t make a manager as long as he’s got a hole in his arse😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 14 with 742 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 16:08 - Oct 14 by Gammon

Sh1te players

Sh1te manager

Sh1te stadium

Don't deserve to go to the Euros.

And how is Jonny Williams a professional footballer? Did he a win a competition?

That’s a bit harsh.

Some good players and some who will get better as they mature. Some sadly, not good enough and no strength in depth.

Wouldn’t have been my choice of manager.

It’s not my favourite place to visit but it’s hardly a sh1te stadium.

Results will dictate whether we go, but on the face of it I would agree.

Watching the game at the ground, I thought Johnny Williams had a reasonable game. He was up against world class players and didn’t disgrace himself.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 20:03]
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 14 with 731 viewsFireboy2

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 14 by majorraglan

That’s a bit harsh.

Some good players and some who will get better as they mature. Some sadly, not good enough and no strength in depth.

Wouldn’t have been my choice of manager.

It’s not my favourite place to visit but it’s hardly a sh1te stadium.

Results will dictate whether we go, but on the face of it I would agree.

Watching the game at the ground, I thought Johnny Williams had a reasonable game. He was up against world class players and didn’t disgrace himself.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 20:03]

Dont know why you replied to the pr!ck.

And i agree joniesta had a decent game as did most of them, especially in the second half when they played with a bit of fire in their bellies.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 20:05 - Oct 14 with 671 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 14 by Fireboy2

Dont know why you replied to the pr!ck.

And i agree joniesta had a decent game as did most of them, especially in the second half when they played with a bit of fire in their bellies.

Probably should have bitten my tongue.....Gammon by name gammon by nature and all that, but the truth needs to be told otherwise this place will end up like the Express.
The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 01:33 - Oct 15 with 574 viewsDJack

The Official Wales vs Croatia European Qualifying Match Thread on 20:05 - Oct 14 by majorraglan

Probably should have bitten my tongue.....Gammon by name gammon by nature and all that, but the truth needs to be told otherwise this place will end up like the Express.

"~the truth needs to be told otherwise this place will end up like the Express."

Have you not read the Countdown to the end of Democracy thread?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024