Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread 09:27 - Oct 13 with 2618 viewsMrSwerve

Who's with me?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 09:33 - Oct 13 with 2029 viewspencoedjack

Me

The standard of football is awful until you get to the last 8 of the actual tournament.

I like Wales to do well but I’m club over country everytime
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 09:47 - Oct 13 with 2012 viewsMrSwerve

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 09:33 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Me

The standard of football is awful until you get to the last 8 of the actual tournament.

I like Wales to do well but I’m club over country everytime

Same - I want Wales to do well but these qualifiers and friendlies are absolutely mind-numbing. Each to their own and all that - I think a lot of people just use the games as an excuse for a piss-up in an Eastern-European country...

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 10:07 - Oct 13 with 1988 viewssainthelens

Am only concerned that our club players aren't injured. National side is a fckn shambles, and with that unscrupulous cvnt running the show I've no real interest.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 10:51 - Oct 13 with 1950 viewsmajorraglan

Personally I like them, let’s hope Wales win tonight and that the Swans get back to winning ways after this break.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:05 - Oct 13 with 1937 viewsPegojack

Nothing against the international scene per se, it's just that in the following league fixture, the Swans are always sh1te on a stick. Been the same for years. Why is that?
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:25 - Oct 13 with 1910 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:05 - Oct 13 by Pegojack

Nothing against the international scene per se, it's just that in the following league fixture, the Swans are always sh1te on a stick. Been the same for years. Why is that?

I love them, the atmosphere before the game generated by the Welsh football fans for independence and Yes Cymru on Wonaby street and the march to the stadium is brilliant. just like football used to be back in the day, before it was made a sterile non event. Flares, flags chanting and over a thousand souls together.Makes the game a real event.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:28 - Oct 13 with 1905 viewsBadlands

Defiantly hate them -
gets in the way of watching the Swans
compresses the season
our players get their heads tuned by the likes of Giggs

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:39 - Oct 13 with 1891 viewsJBT95

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:05 - Oct 13 by Pegojack

Least this time it's all done Sunday night for Wales. Hopefully that works in our favour at Oakwell compared to other breaks. Not like I'm going of course.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:39 - Oct 13 with 1889 viewsJBT95

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 09:47 - Oct 13 by MrSwerve

Same - I want Wales to do well but these qualifiers and friendlies are absolutely mind-numbing. Each to their own and all that - I think a lot of people just use the games as an excuse for a piss-up in an Eastern-European country...

So 11 games of the 650 odd Wales have played are the only ones you've ever cared about?

Maybe 17 at a push

2 Israel play offs 1958
5 at WC 1958
2 Yugoslavia play offs 1976
2 Russia play offs 2003
6 at EURO 2016

Weird. I care about all games Swansea from Football League Trophy (U21s of late) to Prem.

Club friendlies are the worst.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 11:45]
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:40 - Oct 13 with 1887 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:28 - Oct 13 by Badlands

Defiantly hate them -
gets in the way of watching the Swans
compresses the season
our players get their heads tuned by the likes of Giggs

After having to endure the Stoke game our players need something turned lol.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 13:21 - Oct 13 with 1832 viewsMrSwerve

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:39 - Oct 13 by JBT95

So 11 games of the 650 odd Wales have played are the only ones you've ever cared about?

Maybe 17 at a push

2 Israel play offs 1958
5 at WC 1958
2 Yugoslavia play offs 1976
2 Russia play offs 2003
6 at EURO 2016

Weird. I care about all games Swansea from Football League Trophy (U21s of late) to Prem.

Club friendlies are the worst.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 11:45]

No - I meant that ALL of these international qualifiers and friendlies are mind-numbing. The only internationals that people generally care about are the Euro and World Cup finals. I get that qualifiers are necessary, they’re just a load of balls compared to a weekend of domestic football.

Had no idea Wales were playing tonight against the mighty Croatia. Promises to be a classic I’m sure!

Can’t wait to get back to proper football next weekend.

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 13:26 - Oct 13 with 1823 viewsmahoss

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 13:21 - Oct 13 by MrSwerve

No - I meant that ALL of these international qualifiers and friendlies are mind-numbing. The only internationals that people generally care about are the Euro and World Cup finals. I get that qualifiers are necessary, they’re just a load of balls compared to a weekend of domestic football.

Had no idea Wales were playing tonight against the mighty Croatia. Promises to be a classic I’m sure!

Can’t wait to get back to proper football next weekend.

Only just noticed myself !
I agree,hate international breaks.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 17:18 - Oct 13 with 1710 viewsTailGunner

Echo those who hope Wales win, but international football is mind numbing.
Club every single time.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 21:41 - Oct 13 with 1639 viewsbonymine

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 10:07 - Oct 13 by sainthelens

Am only concerned that our club players aren't injured. National side is a fckn shambles, and with that unscrupulous cvnt running the show I've no real interest.

This x 100

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 21:43 - Oct 13 with 1632 viewsbonymine

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 11:25 - Oct 13 by blaenaugwentjack

I love them, the atmosphere before the game generated by the Welsh football fans for independence and Yes Cymru on Wonaby street and the march to the stadium is brilliant. just like football used to be back in the day, before it was made a sterile non event. Flares, flags chanting and over a thousand souls together.Makes the game a real event.

😴😴😴

W⚓️ 👍🤣🤣

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 22:00 - Oct 13 with 1599 viewsjackrabbit

I won’t get any brownie points for mentioning rugby on here, but as I was watching the total mind-numbing dross, punctuated by just 2 moments of quality that constituted the first half of tonight’s game, I couldn’t help contrasting it with the vibrant, pulsating, metronomic edge-of-the-seat Japan vs Scotland game I saw earlier today. I very rarely see an international football match that is anywhere near as pulsating as that. I didn’t bother with the second half of tonight’s match as I lost the stream. I couldn’t agree more with the OP. Roll on next Saturday’s Swans match. International football is a mega-bore.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 13:11 - Nov 11 with 1287 viewsMrSwerve

Is it over yet?

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:03 - Nov 11 with 1140 viewsbuilthjack

Come on Wales

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:16 - Nov 11 with 1129 viewspencoedjack

Does the bird (always on Twitter) who follows Swansea & Wales everywhere post on here?

Fair dos she does some miles following both.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:22 - Nov 11 with 1124 viewsMrSwerve

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:16 - Nov 11 by pencoedjack

Does the bird (always on Twitter) who follows Swansea & Wales everywhere post on here?

Fair dos she does some miles following both.

Do you mean Swansforever? Not seen her post on here in years, I don’t think.

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:24 - Nov 11 with 1118 viewspencoedjack

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:22 - Nov 11 by MrSwerve

Lisa something she’s on route to Azerbaijan at the moment.
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:27 - Nov 11 with 1116 viewsMrSwerve

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:24 - Nov 11 by pencoedjack

Lisa something she’s on route to Azerbaijan at the moment.

Yep, that’s her.

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:29 - Nov 11 with 1113 viewsZaxx

At least Connor will get a run out...
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:34 - Nov 11 with 1099 viewsJBT95

The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 18:22 - Nov 11 by MrSwerve

The guy with Nessa as his avatar won't be going out to Azerbaijan that's for sure.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 18:35]
The Official 'I hate International breaks' thread on 19:23 - Nov 11 with 1070 viewsFireboy2

Htf are we going to better ourselves.

The tunnelled vision of people on here beggars belief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024