Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans up for sale? 09:39 - Oct 13 with 18169 views34dfgdf54

For £38m according to some newspapers.
Swans up for sale? on 20:53 - Oct 13 with 2917 viewsmarchamjack

Swans up for sale? on 20:17 - Oct 13 by QJumpingJack

Maybe Birch will confirm the situation in his next update to fans.
If the Americans are looking to sell could this reduce the investment in the January transfer window if are in the Top 6?

Why after all this time, seriously, are any of our fans mentioning ‘investment’ and our owners in the same sentence 🤦‍♂️

I really don’t know what it’s going to take to get the message out

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Swans up for sale? on 21:07 - Oct 13 with 2878 viewsDarran

Swans up for sale? on 20:53 - Oct 13 by marchamjack

Why after all this time, seriously, are any of our fans mentioning ‘investment’ and our owners in the same sentence 🤦‍♂️

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans up for sale? on 21:25 - Oct 13 with 2820 viewsNotLoyal

Birch is a part of the sham, the squeeky clean pr job he is doing is a classic display of how to keep the less insightful on board. Thick is what they are.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans up for sale? on 23:35 - Oct 13 with 2631 viewslonglostjack

Gutted. Steve and Jase assured us they were in it for the long term. I thought they were real fans and we were all in it together. Please don’t tell me it was all PR bullshit.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans up for sale? on 00:14 - Oct 14 with 2579 viewsBarryTownSwam

Swans up for sale? on 10:04 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Cheers

Quite bizarre that they sell for 38 million but would want an additional 15 million if we got promoted.

So the new buyer invests to get us promoted then has to give the leeches more money.

I know it’s paper talk but I said it from the day he was appointed Trevs here to get us in a position to sell.

Terry Matthews interested in a football club.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2019 10:05]

Did the consortium purchase us for £68m in 2016? (68% of a club valuation of £100m)

Do the maths -
Asking selling price = £38m
Promotion within 5 years = £15m
Transfer profits accessible to owners = £15m
equals the original purchase price (consortium profits via fees and interest charges?)
Swans up for sale? on 06:56 - Oct 14 with 2485 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 00:14 - Oct 14 by BarryTownSwam

Did the consortium purchase us for £68m in 2016? (68% of a club valuation of £100m)

Do the maths -
Asking selling price = £38m
Promotion within 5 years = £15m
Transfer profits accessible to owners = £15m
equals the original purchase price (consortium profits via fees and interest charges?)

They don’t sell players and pocket the fee, no matter what the conspiracy theorists may say.
Swans up for sale? on 08:47 - Oct 14 with 2379 viewswaynekerr55

Cos the proxies of "by fans, for fans" pop up at key points to remind us of the alternative JTAK facts of the matter... possibly

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swans up for sale? on 08:50 - Oct 14 with 2374 viewswaynekerr55

Swans up for sale? on 14:07 - Oct 13 by Badlands

Not owning the sound is a drawback as is 21% not available for sale.
Maybe the Trust can stump up the cash and buy the club outright or they might just delay a sale for a few years.
Or the Chinese £billionaire who bought a pub after offering £11 billion worth of investment might come in!
TBH I think the American drop is cutting ts losses as they don't see any way of recouping what they paid. The drop in support this season and abuse from some fans indicates how fragile Swansea City is as an investment.
IMO The Americans bought their shares in good faith and were at the time the only group vaguely interested in buying; he jealousy some have for the selling shareholders has poisoned the club.

In the words of Alan Partridge, that's bollocks but go on...

How does the party line of "we would never put the club in that situation again" and "we would only do something in the best interests" tally up with selling to people who have done exactly what the previous owners did?

I won't hold my breath

Edit - if they were just honest and said they wanted to cash in I don't think anyone of sound mind could criticise them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 8:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Swans up for sale? on 10:20 - Oct 14 with 2262 viewsCatullus

Swans up for sale? on 08:50 - Oct 14 by waynekerr55

In the words of Alan Partridge, that's bollocks but go on...

How does the party line of "we would never put the club in that situation again" and "we would only do something in the best interests" tally up with selling to people who have done exactly what the previous owners did?

I won't hold my breath

Edit - if they were just honest and said they wanted to cash in I don't think anyone of sound mind could criticise them.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 8:53]

It's the jealousy line that made me laugh. I'm not jealous of the wealth the JTAK's acquired, being rich might be nice but is it worth all the abuse you may face and worrying every time you leave your house. Some of our fans can be relentless and some of HJ's old friends are very unforgiving.

The whole situation helped change my outlook though. I refuse to get upset by whatever happens. I go to the games purely for enjoyment, I don't get worked up or angry, it's not worth it. If we do well then great, if not then so what?

Gettting hyper agitated other these things is for the young!

I can always go watch Skewen RFC. It's cheaper, I can have a beer and relax.....and take the dog with me.

All this fuss over some greedy b'stards isn't good for your blood pressure y'know.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans up for sale? on 10:47 - Oct 14 with 2234 viewsicecoldjack

Swans up for sale? on 10:08 - Oct 13 by 34dfgdf54

Football not the business for Terry Matthews to get into, he doesn’t do anything without getting millions back and that won’t happen, especially with us.

I agree about Birch though, he’s doing what he was brought in for, he‘ll take a sizeable cut aswell.

While I agree, I also suspect that the way he felt he'd been treated by local authorities in Newport/cardiff may give him a bit of interest in investment here, especially with a tie in to university Swansea.

All fantasy stuff I know, the other side is that why would he need the hassle of a football club? From what I've seen of Newcastle balance sheet Mike Ashley is doing a decent job but is hated with a passion for not sinking the club into debt.

We had the right model but got sold out, anything other than a far east romantisist with bags of cash will be a grind IMO.

Anyway, it is what it is !
Thanks Huw and Co.
Swans up for sale? on 10:55 - Oct 14 with 2208 viewsbluey_the_blue

Swans up for sale? on 10:47 - Oct 14 by icecoldjack

While I agree, I also suspect that the way he felt he'd been treated by local authorities in Newport/cardiff may give him a bit of interest in investment here, especially with a tie in to university Swansea.

All fantasy stuff I know, the other side is that why would he need the hassle of a football club? From what I've seen of Newcastle balance sheet Mike Ashley is doing a decent job but is hated with a passion for not sinking the club into debt.

We had the right model but got sold out, anything other than a far east romantisist with bags of cash will be a grind IMO.

Thanks Huw and Co.

Matthews can't stand football, he's an egger.

If he wanted to get involved in football, could have got Newport for a lot, lot less.
Swans up for sale? on 10:58 - Oct 14 with 2203 viewsBarryTownSwam

Swans up for sale? on 06:56 - Oct 14 by jack247

They don’t sell players and pocket the fee, no matter what the conspiracy theorists may say.

Agreed, but without the recent transfer influx the shortfall would have been higher and therefore the selling price would be higher.
Swans up for sale? on 11:07 - Oct 14 with 2190 viewswaynekerr55

Thanks Huw and Co.

We had the right model until Huw turned into Diane Abbott - look at the state of the accounts!

Swans up for sale? on 11:35 - Oct 14 with 2151 viewsswancity

Is the Club for sale or not ? People getting their knickers in a twist unnecessarily it seems.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swans up for sale? on 11:58 - Oct 14 with 2123 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 11:35 - Oct 14 by swancity

Is the Club for sale or not ? People getting their knickers in a twist unnecessarily it seems.

We’ve been up for sale since relegation. The sun article has just put a figure on it. We’re in a more saleable position now than we’ve been for a long time.
Swans up for sale? on 12:52 - Oct 14 with 2064 viewsswancity

Swans up for sale? on 11:58 - Oct 14 by jack247

We’ve been up for sale since relegation. The sun article has just put a figure on it. We’re in a more saleable position now than we’ve been for a long time.

Up for sale or actively looking to sell?

Swans up for sale? on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 2008 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 12:52 - Oct 14 by swancity

Up for sale or actively looking to sell?

I’m not sure.

But to answer your previous ‘is the club up for sale?’ question, yes.
Swans up for sale? on 13:24 - Oct 14 with 2006 viewsjackrabbit

Thanks Huw and Co.

You’re spot on. I think Matthews is too shrewd to look at investment in a football club. He has no affinity with football - rugby league and golf are his interests- so why would he put money into a football club? Football is a lousy investment - the old joke, “if you want to make a small fortune in football you’ve got to start with a large fortune” is very true. Billionaire football benefactors are usually emotionally involved with their investments, (eg Dave Whelan at Wigan), and just want to make a difference as a supporter with the means to do so. I’m sure if any of us on this board came into the odd billion, we’d be happy to splash a chunk of it on our football club. But the stark probability is that it’d be more of a donation than an investment.
Swans up for sale? on 14:04 - Oct 14 with 1958 viewsNotLoyal

Swans up for sale? on 13:24 - Oct 14 by jackrabbit

You’re spot on. I think Matthews is too shrewd to look at investment in a football club. He has no affinity with football - rugby league and golf are his interests- so why would he put money into a football club? Football is a lousy investment - the old joke, “if you want to make a small fortune in football you’ve got to start with a large fortune” is very true. Billionaire football benefactors are usually emotionally involved with their investments, (eg Dave Whelan at Wigan), and just want to make a difference as a supporter with the means to do so. I’m sure if any of us on this board came into the odd billion, we’d be happy to splash a chunk of it on our football club. But the stark probability is that it’d be more of a donation than an investment.

Sensible.

I'm surprised it's a shock the club is for sale, in this world everything is up for sale.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans up for sale? on 14:18 - Oct 14 with 1944 viewsswancity

Swans up for sale? on 13:22 - Oct 14 by jack247

I’m not sure.

But to answer your previous ‘is the club up for sale?’ question, yes.

There’s a world of difference though

They aren’t making noises to sell are they ...whilst I appreciate everything has a price whether it’s a football club or a second hand kettle lol

Nothing’s changed so panic not.

Swans up for sale? on 10:23 - Oct 16 with 1267 viewsJJJack

Swans up for sale? on 10:20 - Oct 14 by Catullus

It's the jealousy line that made me laugh. I'm not jealous of the wealth the JTAK's acquired, being rich might be nice but is it worth all the abuse you may face and worrying every time you leave your house. Some of our fans can be relentless and some of HJ's old friends are very unforgiving.

The whole situation helped change my outlook though. I refuse to get upset by whatever happens. I go to the games purely for enjoyment, I don't get worked up or angry, it's not worth it. If we do well then great, if not then so what?

I can always go watch Skewen RFC. It's cheaper, I can have a beer and relax.....and take the dog with me.

All this fuss over some greedy b'stards isn't good for your blood pressure y'know.

I'm with you. Hardly go these days. Of course I still go but hard to feel the same after what has happened. Like trying to take your missus back after she's cheated on you!
Swans up for sale? on 11:45 - Oct 16 with 1208 viewswaynekerr55

Swans up for sale? on 10:20 - Oct 14 by Catullus

They must think the average punter is thick as two short planks.

Life changing sums of money are hard for anyone to turn down. Cut the cràp and just be honest, although given the fact that they hung around double dipping as much cash as possible says a lot about them IMO.

Swans up for sale? on 11:57 - Oct 16 with 1187 viewsjack247

Swans up for sale? on 10:23 - Oct 16 by JJJack

I'm with you. Hardly go these days. Of course I still go but hard to feel the same after what has happened. Like trying to take your missus back after she's cheated on you!

It’s more like ignoring your missus after she gets a few grey hairs and piles a few pounds on. It’s the football club we support, not its owners.
Swans up for sale? on 17:08 - Oct 16 with 1060 viewsBadlands

Swans up for sale? on 10:23 - Oct 16 by JJJack

What has happened?
We were relegated because the previous owners didn't act soon enough, acted as amateurs and eventually ran out of luck.
Since then we have balanced the books and are putting a good team together in a league we rarely reached for most of our history.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans up for sale? on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 1035 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swans up for sale? on 17:08 - Oct 16 by Badlands

What has happened?
We were relegated because the previous owners didn't act soon enough, acted as amateurs and eventually ran out of luck.
Since then we have balanced the books and are putting a good team together in a league we rarely reached for most of our history.

“A League we rarely reached for most of our history”

You don’t appear to know much about our history.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024