Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread 01:10 - Oct 14 with 24538 viewsjackharris

Sam Surridge and Tom Carroll make their first Championship
starts of the season for Swansea City at Barnsley. Striker Surridge —
fresh from scoring for England Under-21s over the international break
— is preferred to Borja Bastos in attack. Carroll, meanwhile, makes
his first league start in a year as he gets the nod in midfield as Jay Fulton
misses out on a place in the matchday squad.

Connor Roberts drops to the bench as Kyle Naughton moves to
right-back and Jake Bidwell comes back into the side at left-back,
while George Byers comes in for Yan Dhanda. Freddie Woodman
continues in goal with Naughton and Bidwell on the flanks of a
defence helmed by Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon.
Carroll partners captain Matt Grimes in midfield, with Andre Ayew
and Bersant Celina playing either side of Byers. Surridge leads the line,
while Kristoffer Nordfeldt is among the substitutes following illness.

Barnsley: Brad Collins, Kenny Dougall, Jacob Brown, Cameron McGeehan,
Cauley Woodrow, Conor Chaplin, Dimitri Cavare, Toby Sibbick, Aapo Halme,
Alex Mowatt (captain), Bambo Diaby.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Mads Andersen, Ben Williams, Mike Bahre,
Luke Thomas, Clarke Odour, Elliot Simoes.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; Matt Grimes (captain), Tom Carroll;
Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Ben Wilmot, Connor Roberts,
Wayne Routledge, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordon Garrick, Borja Baston.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 14:15 - Oct 14 with 6669 viewsstevethejack

Game has been chosen for broadcast overseas. Loads of streams will be available, and a feed direct from the stadium for those with the suitable satellite equipment.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 16 with 6439 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 16 with 6417 viewsFireboy2

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:14 - Oct 16 by jackharris

HOW MUCH ARE THEY?
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:02 - Oct 16 with 6381 viewsairedale

Must be great in certain areas in that ground when its blowing a hooley and peeing down.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:26 - Oct 16 with 6333 viewsjack2jack

Back to normality TFFT.👍
Swans win 2-1
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:50 - Oct 17 with 6209 viewsyescomeon

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:02 - Oct 16 by airedale

Must be great in certain areas in that ground when its blowing a hooley and peeing down.

Was up there for the cup game that Graham scored that worldie. Coldest I've been at a match.

Upthecity!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 09:33 - Oct 17 with 6169 viewsTimTtam

Being realistic, and looking at what has happened in recent times, I'm going for a 1-1 draw, with us scoring second this time.

If Barnsley score in the 90th minute, I am banning myself from watching until we win a Saturday afternoon game. The last 4 Swans games I've watched have been Stoke, Reading, Forest, and Leeds.

And if they do score then, you all know who to blame afterwards...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 10:23 - Oct 17 with 6142 viewsjackharris

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:34 - Oct 16 by Fireboy2

HOW MUCH ARE THEY?

Look at the opening post the prices are there.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 10:24 - Oct 17 with 6141 viewsjackharris

Match day price for adult £30.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 12:07 - Oct 17 with 6104 viewslonglostjack

Where do you get one of those time machines ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 12:25 - Oct 17 with 6089 viewsTimTtam

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 12:07 - Oct 17 by longlostjack

Where do you get one of those time machines ?

That's it! We've actually already played them on a Monday, and because we won, we're actually top of the league

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 12:36 - Oct 17 with 6081 viewsFireboy2

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 10:23 - Oct 17 by jackharris

Look at the opening post the prices are there.

Yeah i know and i knew then
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:00 - Oct 17 with 5960 viewssioni

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 14:15 - Oct 14 by stevethejack

Game has been chosen for broadcast overseas. Loads of streams will be available, and a feed direct from the stadium for those with the suitable satellite equipment.

Only limited international markets: Dark Markets. I suppose I could pop overtoVanuatu
or The Faroe Islands etc.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:11 - Oct 17 with 5935 viewsNortbankboy

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:00 - Oct 17 by sioni

Only limited international markets: Dark Markets. I suppose I could pop overtoVanuatu

Rest the players who have been on international duty.
Let's have a look at our wingers and give them a bit of game time.
So they are match fit for the following against the hoofballers
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 5924 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:00 - Oct 17 by sioni

Sportklub Serbia (SK), ESPN+ and beIN Sports France to name a few so plenty of options without going The Faroe Islands 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:24 - Oct 17 with 5914 viewsOldjack

Haven't won in their last six .We aim to please

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:26 - Oct 17 with 5879 viewsFireboy2

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:24 - Oct 17 by Oldjack

Haven't won in their last six .We aim to please

Its written in the stars OJ.

Its how we roll, to help struggling teams gets back on track.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:45 - Oct 17 with 5857 viewsGlyn1

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 09:33 - Oct 17 by TimTtam

Being realistic, and looking at what has happened in recent times, I'm going for a 1-1 draw, with us scoring second this time.

If Barnsley score in the 90th minute, I am banning myself from watching until we win a Saturday afternoon game. The last 4 Swans games I've watched have been Stoke, Reading, Forest, and Leeds.

And if they do score then, you all know who to blame afterwards...

Bookmarked.

The last time Barnsley beat Swansea was way back in 1983 so if you do anything to change that ...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:56]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 23:25 - Oct 17 with 5744 viewssioni

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:19 - Oct 17 by Swanjaxs

Sportklub Serbia (SK), ESPN+ and beIN Sports France to name a few so plenty of options without going The Faroe Islands 👍

Thanks.
Just clarifying original info plus being a little facetious re Van and Faroes, though wouldn’t mind visiting both.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:08 - Oct 18 with 5424 viewsThornburyswan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:26 - Oct 17 by Fireboy2

Its written in the stars OJ.

Its how we roll, to help struggling teams gets back on track.

That it is, although I fancy a scruffy last minute equaliser from a penalty box scramble giving us a point in a 1-1 draw.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:25 - Oct 18 with 5363 viewsGlyn1

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/swansea-preview/

Barnsley's viewpoint.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Oct 18 with 5269 viewsTNT

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 20:45 - Oct 17 by Glyn1

Bookmarked.

The last time Barnsley beat Swansea was way back in 1983 so if you do anything to change that ...
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:56]

I was there in '83. We lost 3-2.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Oct 18 with 5175 viewsSwansea93

How many are we taking?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Oct 18 with 5082 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:49 - Oct 18 by Swansea93

How many are we taking?

Over 1000 earlier in the week. Plus what's been sold the last few days, plus pay on the day.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 22:47 - Oct 18 with 5053 viewsChief

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Oct 18 by builthjack

Over 1000 earlier in the week. Plus what's been sold the last few days, plus pay on the day.

That's great for a 12 hour round trip.

Well done to all those making the effort.

Including myself!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024