Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giggs: James was being streetwise... 11:12 - Oct 14 with 6084 viewsSwanjaxs

According to Giggs Daniel James was being "streetwise" when appearing to be knocked unconscious last night.
If true absolutely disgraceful behaviour. To feign a head injury for whatever reason is the lowest of the low on a football pitch.
Perhaps a sad reflection on how Giggs wants his players to act I suppose
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 11:16]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:08 - Oct 14 with 1146 viewsSwanjaxs

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:03 - Oct 14 by Joe_bradshaw

He is desperate to play against Liverpool though. As is his club and all their supporters of which Giggs is one. They wouldn’t be that stupid though, surely?

I couldn’t see that well from the other side up in the red seats but the reaction of the Croatian players was such that they clearly feared a serious situation.

As any human being would if you saw someone hit the deck like he'd been shot i suppose...

For me all the evidence is in Giggs and James post match interviews.

James tried to get the Croatian player a red card and has been made to look a fool.

Giggs is just being Giggs.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:10 - Oct 14 with 1142 viewsDJack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:03 - Oct 14 by Joe_bradshaw

He is desperate to play against Liverpool though. As is his club and all their supporters of which Giggs is one. They wouldn’t be that stupid though, surely?

I couldn’t see that well from the other side up in the red seats but the reaction of the Croatian players was such that they clearly feared a serious situation.

I was sat close to the Croation corner and they went stone cold silent after the collision. The med staff ran on with ALL of their equipment obviously fearing the worst. If he was not knocked out he was at least stunned by the clash.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:15 - Oct 14 with 1128 viewsNeath_Jack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 12:44 - Oct 14 by jack247

All the same, if you fall from an aerial collision, you brace yourself for the landing. It’s impossible not to. I’ll have to watch it again, but it looked to me like he landed in a heap.

I’ve no doubt he fannied around and made a meal of it a lot longer than he needed to, it’s not like we haven’t seen that from him before.

Look at that embedded tweet from the link further up.

He puts his hands down to break his fall.

100% he wasn't knocked out, f*ck all went near his noggin.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:21 - Oct 14 with 1120 viewsjack247

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:15 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

Look at that embedded tweet from the link further up.

He puts his hands down to break his fall.

100% he wasn't knocked out, f*ck all went near his noggin.

Yep. From that angle it looks completely different. Fair play he’s just a cheat.
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:27 - Oct 14 with 1111 viewsUxbridge

What a load of nonsense. He was cleaned out. Regardless of whether he was knocked out or not (I tend to think he wasn't as he did move immediately after) it was a very heavy knock, the medical staff has to take every precaution due to the proximity to his head and they did the right thing taking their time.

There was nothing streetwise or otherwise about James' actions. What a complete non-story.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:31 - Oct 14 with 1098 viewsNeath_Jack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:27 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

What a load of nonsense. He was cleaned out. Regardless of whether he was knocked out or not (I tend to think he wasn't as he did move immediately after) it was a very heavy knock, the medical staff has to take every precaution due to the proximity to his head and they did the right thing taking their time.

There was nothing streetwise or otherwise about James' actions. What a complete non-story.

Not true.

Look at the replays of the incident.

In a big collision, you will see the body being violently moved one way or another.

That doesn't happen in this case, at all.

He was play acting, the f*cking ponce.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 13:36]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:35 - Oct 14 with 1085 viewsSwanjaxs

Nobody is denying he was cleaned out.

But he obviously made it look that he was knocked clean out.

He's already shown himself up numerous times this season, and believe me, he's making things hard for himself in the long run.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 13:35]

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:35 - Oct 14 with 1084 viewsUxbridge

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:31 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

Not true.

In a big collision, you will see the body being violently moved one way or another.

I have. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Saying that, he'll be judged to higher standards due to past actions, and he has himself to blame for that.

Login to get fewer ads

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:37 - Oct 14 with 1071 viewslondonlisa2001

I disagree I’m afraid.

Either he was knocked out in which case he shouldn’t have been allowed to come back on, or he wasn’t, in which case he was feigning it to get another player into trouble.

The second is true, as he put out his arm when falling and you can’t do that if you’re unconscious.
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:49 - Oct 14 with 1053 viewsUxbridge

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:37 - Oct 14 by londonlisa2001

I disagree I’m afraid.

Either he was knocked out in which case he shouldn’t have been allowed to come back on, or he wasn’t, in which case he was feigning it to get another player into trouble.

The second is true, as he put out his arm when falling and you can’t do that if you’re unconscious.

I agree he wasn't knocked out. I still think it was a heavy knock though. If he was feigning being knocked out then I'd agree but I have no idea if he was, only the medical staff would know. Quite plausible they told him to keep still to assess and they were on the scene within a couple of seconds.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:52 - Oct 14 with 1041 viewsNeath_Jack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:49 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

I agree he wasn't knocked out. I still think it was a heavy knock though. If he was feigning being knocked out then I'd agree but I have no idea if he was, only the medical staff would know. Quite plausible they told him to keep still to assess and they were on the scene within a couple of seconds.

How do you think he was knocked out?

There was no contact between any of the players and his head / neck.
He didn't land on his head or neck.
He wasn't violently shunted in one direction or another.

What caused him to be knocked out?

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:57 - Oct 14 with 1029 viewsUxbridge

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:52 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

How do you think he was knocked out?

There was no contact between any of the players and his head / neck.
He didn't land on his head or neck.
He wasn't violently shunted in one direction or another.

What caused him to be knocked out?

Where on earth did I say he was knocked out? Every single one of my replies on here says I don't think he was.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:59 - Oct 14 with 1022 viewspencoedjack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:31 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

Not true.

This^

The biggest collision was between the 2 Croats, there was hardly any contact with James.

He's starting to get a reputation for diving / cheating.
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:00 - Oct 14 with 1017 viewsNeath_Jack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:57 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

Where on earth did I say he was knocked out? Every single one of my replies on here says I don't think he was.

You don't, but for what reason would a player lie there prone with their eyes closed?

What violent impact occurred between him and the other two players? Show me a replay that shows any sort of big impact.

He was cheating.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:01 - Oct 14 with 1015 viewsNotLoyal

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 11:46 - Oct 14 by jack247

He looked like he hardly braced himself before landing. No way he faked that. He may have taken longer than he needed to get up and get off the pitch. He’s certainly got a dive in him, but I’m not having he pretended to be unconscious.

And if he did, why is Giggs praising it?

Because as a person he has a high regard for integrity.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:01 - Oct 14 with 1014 viewsNeath_Jack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:59 - Oct 14 by pencoedjack

This^

The biggest collision was between the 2 Croats, there was hardly any contact with James.

He's starting to get a reputation for diving / cheating.

The Man United effect.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:08 - Oct 14 with 990 viewslondonlisa2001

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:49 - Oct 14 by Uxbridge

It was a heavy knock. At the time I couldn’t understand why he was coming back on.

But seeing it again this morning, I think he was feigning it. He stayed with his eyes closed without moving for quite a while.
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:09 - Oct 14 with 988 viewslondonlisa2001

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:01 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

The Man United effect.

He did it while he was with us. Quite a lot. It’s more pronounced at Man Utd because of the coverage.
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:15 - Oct 14 with 976 viewsUxbridge

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:00 - Oct 14 by Neath_Jack

You don't, but for what reason would a player lie there prone with their eyes closed?

What violent impact occurred between him and the other two players? Show me a replay that shows any sort of big impact.

He was cheating.

It looked to me that there was a glancing blow to the head from the Croation defender. The video clips I've seen since are awful quality though.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:15 - Oct 14 with 973 viewsSwanjaxs

Giggs criticised:

" if that is the case and James was 'acting', it raises serious questions about the players understanding of the seriousness of concussion. We have serious concerns about terms like 'streetwise' or that the player was 'just using his nous',. It is simply not acceptable for teams to use concussion protocols for tactical gain.

Peter McCabe
Headway Chief Executive

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:16 - Oct 14 with 970 viewspencoedjack

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:09 - Oct 14 by londonlisa2001

He did it while he was with us. Quite a lot. It’s more pronounced at Man Utd because of the coverage.

I cant remember him doing it
Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:20 - Oct 14 with 959 viewsUxbridge

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:08 - Oct 14 by londonlisa2001

It was a heavy knock. At the time I couldn’t understand why he was coming back on.

But seeing it again this morning, I think he was feigning it. He stayed with his eyes closed without moving for quite a while.

Maybe. I don't think it's entirely unnatural to take a few seconds to come back to your senses after taking a whack like that. I'm sure many of us have been in a similar situation when playing sports and have taken a little time to regain your senses. He could have been milking it as well I agree. I don't know, I think there's sufficient doubt and I do think he took a heavy knock which is the more important part.

I doubt we'd be having this conversation if he hadn't earned himself a reputation, so from that perspective I have little sympathy. That and who he plays for ...

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 14:42 - Oct 14 with 928 viewsLohengrin

All eyes were on the foul, nobody was watching the left back.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 15:41 - Oct 14 with 886 viewsBadlands

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 13:37 - Oct 14 by londonlisa2001

I disagree I’m afraid.

Exactly - look at the Ampadu incident later in the game. That's what happens when a player has been butted.
Surprised Petkovic wasn't red carded for that as it was a very similar attempt at crashing though a player that caught James and Moore.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Giggs: James was being streetwise... on 17:32 - Oct 14 with 820 viewsHighjack

He dived. Feigned an injury. He’s a cheat.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024