Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? 22:04 - Oct 14 with 941 viewsNotLoyal

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50047979

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:07 - Oct 14 with 932 viewsHighjack

Bring the poor bastards home.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:07 - Oct 14 with 928 viewsexiledclaseboy

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:07 - Oct 14 by Highjack

Is the only answer. None of this is their fault.

Poll: Tory leader

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:19 - Oct 14 with 897 viewslonglostjack

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:07 - Oct 14 by exiledclaseboy

Is the only answer. None of this is their fault.

It would take a very callous person to think differently.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 22:20]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:57 - Oct 14 with 856 viewsJonathans_coat

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:19 - Oct 14 by longlostjack

It would take a very callous person to think differently.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2019 22:20]

You would be surprised at the number of “callous people” about these days.

Probably something to do with this sort rhetoric from prominent politicians:-

"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families,"

Donald Trump, (Fox News, 2015).

Chilling.
Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 23:02 - Oct 14 with 850 viewsBanosswan

Bring them home. However, if they still had a parent with them...

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 07:23 - Oct 15 with 764 viewsLohengrin

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 22:07 - Oct 14 by Highjack

That’s going to be a hard sell.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 09:39 - Oct 15 with 692 viewsEbo

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 07:23 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

Children are just children no matter where they are from. Innocent.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 10:02 - Oct 15 with 664 viewsLeonWasGod

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 07:23 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

Shouldn't be. Not to anyone with any decency.
Login to get fewer ads

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 12:53 - Oct 15 with 610 viewsLohengrin

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 10:02 - Oct 15 by LeonWasGod

Shouldn't be. Not to anyone with any decency.

What do I mean by a hard sell? Easier to reply as though I were writing a short skit for Python.

Picture Graham Chapman knocking on a door and a bespectacled, cardigan-wearing Eric Idle answering:

“Good afternoon”

“Afternoon”

“I’m calling on behalf of the November 9th Childrens’ Appeal”

“Oh! yes”

“ Jawoll, das stimmt, jawoll!”

“Sorry, squire?”

“Das ist...ahem...that’s correct.”

“Well what’s it ‘abaht then?”

“Orphans”

“Orphans? What sort of orphans?”

“The rosy-cheeked children of the camp guards at Auschwitz. Lovely little things, never turned the taps on themselves you understand and hardly ever shot anyone.”

“Hardly ever?”

“Well maybe the odd one or two but they were already dead. You can’t really count them.”

“Can’t really count them??”

“Yes that’s right. Look! are you giving something or not?”

“Not today, I’m sure we gave last week.”

“You bloody liar, you never did!”

(Idle shutting door...) “I’m sure we did. Goodbye then, cheerio.”

(Chapman left on doorstep shakes fist...) “Bloody Europhobe!!”
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 13:19]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 19:57 - Oct 17 with 419 viewsCatullus

Where does the UK's responsibility begin and end with this? on 12:53 - Oct 15 by Lohengrin

What do I mean by a hard sell? Easier to reply as though I were writing a short skit for Python.

Picture Graham Chapman knocking on a door and a bespectacled, cardigan-wearing Eric Idle answering:

“Good afternoon”

“Afternoon”

“I’m calling on behalf of the November 9th Childrens’ Appeal”

“Oh! yes”

“ Jawoll, das stimmt, jawoll!”

“Sorry, squire?”

“Das ist...ahem...that’s correct.”

“Well what’s it ‘abaht then?”

“Orphans”

“Orphans? What sort of orphans?”

“The rosy-cheeked children of the camp guards at Auschwitz. Lovely little things, never turned the taps on themselves you understand and hardly ever shot anyone.”

“Hardly ever?”

“Well maybe the odd one or two but they were already dead. You can’t really count them.”

“Can’t really count them??”

“Yes that’s right. Look! are you giving something or not?”

“Not today, I’m sure we gave last week.”

“You bloody liar, you never did!”

(Idle shutting door...) “I’m sure we did. Goodbye then, cheerio.”

(Chapman left on doorstep shakes fist...) “Bloody Europhobe!!”
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 13:19]

Yep from that angle it's a hard sell. To some it will depend on what these kids think and believe. Who do they blame for their parents deaths? How religiously brainwashed are they? There were many examples of young kids being taught/brainwashed ISIS dogma and taught to use guns.

Some people won't be able to get past that, specially people like Tommy Robinson.

To me, these kids are better off as orphans and should be brought back and found decent homes. I can't imagine what they've been through.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024