Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I walked around town for the first time in years today... 15:07 - Oct 15 with 8183 viewsGammon

And the city is an eyesore. Let’s face it - Swansea city centre is a sh*thole.

I spend a lot of time in Bristol and Cardiff with work and they’re simply on a different planet compared to the drab, depressing city which Swansea is now.

I couldn’t get over how many shops were closed in town, and how quiet it was. And the few people who were ‘shopping’ were either drunk, high on some kind of banned substance or unemployed.

No suits or city types anywhere - just homeless, people drinking and smoking drugs.

Boarded up shops everywhere. A million Greggs, Costas and that’s about it.

The council need sacking - all of them.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 15:09]
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 15:20 - Oct 15 with 3783 viewssainthelens

May I suggest you fck off back to Cardiff, we know what you are.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 15:33 - Oct 15 with 3759 views1983

“City types” WTF ?? sounds like something off a Monty Python sketch

I like Greggs I like drinking I leave shopping to women and I do the occasional recreational drug

You got 4 yes’s you win you’re a tw@t👍

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 15:42 - Oct 15 with 3740 viewsLohengrin

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 15:33 - Oct 15 by 1983

“City types” WTF ?? sounds like something off a Monty Python sketch

I like Greggs I like drinking I leave shopping to women and I do the occasional recreational drug

You got 4 yes’s you win you’re a tw@t👍

Seen ‘em? You can’t bleedin’ miss ‘em!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:03 - Oct 15 with 3696 viewsVincent_Vega

Yeah but you haven't got the happy colourful tents like you do in Cardiff, they brighten the City Centre up around St Davids...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:13 - Oct 15 with 3682 views1983

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:03 - Oct 15 by Vincent_Vega

Yeah but you haven't got the happy colourful tents like you do in Cardiff, they brighten the City Centre up around St Davids...

Is that what they are ?

I thought it was some kind of team building thing for city types

[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 16:14]

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:36 - Oct 15 with 3612 viewsEbo

Gammon has got a point though, the city centre especially around by St Davids shopping centre/carpark is in really bad shape.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:40 - Oct 15 with 3602 viewsraynor94

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:36 - Oct 15 by Ebo

Gammon has got a point though, the city centre especially around by St Davids shopping centre/carpark is in really bad shape.

Well, seeing its being demolished for redevelopment it would be

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 17:00 - Oct 15 with 3558 viewsMrSwerve

Town is a sh*thole - but let's face it, most town centres are now. Cardiff and Bristol are much nicer, but they have their crap parts. Even Carmarthen is nicer than Swansea now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 18:44 - Oct 15 with 3434 viewsexhmrc1

Lets face the facts.
The quadrant has 2 empty shops including its smallest store.
Every unit on Whitewalls is taken from Oxford Street to New Look.
There is 1 empty store on Lower Union Street.
There about half a dozen outlets available for let in the market.
There are about 1/2 dozen empty stores on Oxford Street including Select which has recently closed and Thomas Cook which will be reopening as Hays.
Does that make it a shithole. I dont think so. Decide for yourself.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 18:49 - Oct 15 with 3420 viewsAguycalledJack

Op. What do you expect when all the money goes to Cardiff?

Neath, Llanelli, Port Talbot, are all being left to rot by the WAG . At least Swansea will hopefully see some development soon.

My own personal view, Cardiff is a concrete jungle with no soul.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 19:34 - Oct 15 with 3320 viewsjack_lord

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 16:40 - Oct 15 by raynor94

Well, seeing its being demolished for redevelopment it would be

And in spite of the pending redevelopment it isn't bad. I thought it was going to go completely downhill. When the rest of the work gathers pace and the new units are filled then it will look more than welcoming. Thanks to all the new accommodation buildings going up, the city centre is going to be full of young cosmopolitan students who will bring investment with it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:13 - Oct 15 with 3257 viewsNortbankboy

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 19:34 - Oct 15 by jack_lord

And in spite of the pending redevelopment it isn't bad. I thought it was going to go completely downhill. When the rest of the work gathers pace and the new units are filled then it will look more than welcoming. Thanks to all the new accommodation buildings going up, the city centre is going to be full of young cosmopolitan students who will bring investment with it.

Things are starting to happen now,come back this time next year
And I think there will be a vast improvement
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:31 - Oct 15 with 3228 viewsdickythorpe

Well all the eateries in the SA1 development were busy on Friday night. A good buzz there with no riff-raff.

Positanos and Rasoi look nice.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:45 - Oct 15 with 3194 viewsGammon

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 18:49 - Oct 15 by AguycalledJack

Op. What do you expect when all the money goes to Cardiff?

Neath, Llanelli, Port Talbot, are all being left to rot by the WAG . At least Swansea will hopefully see some development soon.

My own personal view, Cardiff is a concrete jungle with no soul.

I agree with you. Cardiff gets a huge investment whilst Swansea is left to rot.

I’ve rubbed most of you up the wrong way with my OP but truth hurts.

Put football to the side a minute and forget the rivalry. You can’t even compare Cardiff or Bristol to Swansea. They’re proper cities and Swansea feels and looks like a dated, run down town still.

I don’t care if you all think I’m a Cardiff fan, I’m not. I’ve lived in Swansea all of my life and I’m lucky enough to afford property in the Gower and live there which is beautiful.

But town centre is an eye sore, it’s a depressing place.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:55 - Oct 15 with 3167 viewslondonlisa2001

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:45 - Oct 15 by Gammon

Put football to the side a minute and forget the rivalry. You can’t even compare Cardiff or Bristol to Swansea. They’re proper cities and Swansea feels and looks like a dated, run down town still.

I don’t care if you all think I’m a Cardiff fan, I’m not. I’ve lived in Swansea all of my life and I’m lucky enough to afford property in the Gower and live there which is beautiful.

It’s all to do with perspective.

From where I sit, Cardiff is a slightly grimy collection of the usual boring chains.

I’d far rather spend time in Mumbles.

Bristol is a nice city though. So you’re partially correct.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:03 - Oct 15 with 3139 viewssainthelens

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 20:45 - Oct 15 by Gammon

You odious prick. Stay down the Gower then.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:05 - Oct 15 with 3132 viewsmajorraglan

Had reason to visit Bristol a few times recently, the city centre is a nice place albeit the car park I used had a number of lovely gleaming cars which had all had a window put through! (Avoid Nelson Street car park if visiting). There are some pretty rough places on the outskirts.
What struck me was the amount of development and new road building taking place which makes me think the WAG decision to axe the M4 relief road was a huge mistake. I am all for the environment, but we also need to have economic development to generate prosperity.

Cardiff is decent, Swansea I am afraid has been left behind.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:12 - Oct 15 with 3110 viewsjack2jack

There was never a blueprint drawn up, no vision of how it should turn out.
The latest venture is to market it as a university city, is this a long term strategy or is it just a quick fix, only time will tell.
City centres around the UK are struggling we can all see that, they need to evolve, to survive, my guess is, that things will get worse before someone finds an answer, as to how City centres survive with an ever a dwindling number of high street shoppers.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:18 - Oct 15 with 3096 viewsSwanjaxs

So you claim to live in the Gower and you walked around town today for the first time in years?...

I smell bullshìt

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:33 - Oct 15 with 3068 viewslonglostjack

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:12 - Oct 15 by jack2jack

There was never a blueprint drawn up, no vision of how it should turn out.
The latest venture is to market it as a university city, is this a long term strategy or is it just a quick fix, only time will tell.
City centres around the UK are struggling we can all see that, they need to evolve, to survive, my guess is, that things will get worse before someone finds an answer, as to how City centres survive with an ever a dwindling number of high street shoppers.

It has to be a combination of housing, cafes, restaurants, events and cultural entertainment not only targeted at the getting pissed quick brigade though. Swansea already has a great market. Classic shopping centres and stores have no place in the city centre of the future. People can do all that out of town or online. Get the city centre better linked up to the beach. Swansea’s best asset.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:33 - Oct 15 with 3065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ok, let's knock the comparison out between Swansea and Cardiff as with all the money being poured into one it's hardly fair.
Bristol knocks seven shades of sh*t out of Cardiff by it's sheer history, fantastic architecture and not needing the title of capital to be streets ahead. No matter how much money is spent on Cardiff it's not going to get any better .
If even half or a quarter of that amount was spent on Swansea it would be far better than Cardiff, and that's without even mentioning the natural beauty the bay brings to it.
Cardiff could never buy that and it eats them up lol.

Oh, and whilst we're at it............

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7235893/The-happiest-Uk-cities-live-wor

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:45 - Oct 15 with 3033 viewsjack2jack

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:33 - Oct 15 by longlostjack

It has to be a combination of housing, cafes, restaurants, events and cultural entertainment not only targeted at the getting pissed quick brigade though. Swansea already has a great market. Classic shopping centres and stores have no place in the city centre of the future. People can do all that out of town or online. Get the city centre better linked up to the beach. Swansea’s best asset.

Agree with all that, the traditional city centre is almost defunct, larger centres, will almost certainly survive, as they already have such a mix.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:46 - Oct 15 with 3026 viewsjacks777

Swansea city centre is a shite hole. Cardiff has a decent city centre but is surrounded by shite holes, Splott, tremorfa, canton, riverside, Ely to name just a few.
Bristol also has large parts that can be described as shite holes.
Huge areas of London to are complete shite holes.
I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 21:53 - Oct 15 with 3011 viewsHighjack

Boulevard.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I walked around town for the first time in years today... on 22:07 - Oct 15 with 2981 viewspikeypaul

The general area of Swansea is a far better place to life than Cardiff certainly, but due to zero investment down here and £100s of millions thrown at crapdiff the city centres are incomparable.

All we have is scummy bookmakers,charity shops,pound shops and the likes of primark catering to the less affluent in society which is all you see when walking around our city centre.

Once Debenhams goes and it will within 18 months it will be even worse.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024