Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving 18:43 - Oct 15 with 1160 viewstheloneranger

What a fvcking joke.

"Lawrence and Bennett were ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, given a 12-month community order and banned from driving for two years"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-50041085

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:11 - Oct 15 with 1114 viewsNeath_Jack

Do you mean drink drive sentences are generally a joke, or this one in particular?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:17 - Oct 15 with 1095 viewsSirjohnalot

Unfortunately, it’s smack on the sentencing guidelines. Looking at the ban, they probably were about three times the limit.

The judge has no choice other than to apply the sentencing guidelines. If you look at the link, it falls in the second category from the top.

Starting point is a medium level community penalty. Judge then moves it up the scale for the aggravating features, the crash and they ran away and comes to a sentence. He then has to give a third discount for the guilty plea.

Sentence is right (according to guideline, not my personal opinion). Reason why it’s there is that everyone faces the same punishment, irrespective of who they are or where they are in the country.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/excess-alco

Now added
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 19:21]
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:21 - Oct 15 with 1085 viewsLeonWasGod

From what I've seen it's fine as it's in line with sentencing guidelines. I'd like to see the clubs or EFL do something though as they've bought the game into disrepute and are supposed to be role models, etc. But didn’t Derby include them in the team the first match after the incident? That’s completely wrong imo.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 19:22]
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:41 - Oct 15 with 1042 viewsHighjack

Could Keogh sue them for the damage to his career? Or would the fact he knew they’d been drinking and got in the car anyway makes him liable?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:43 - Oct 15 with 1030 viewsHighjack

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:21 - Oct 15 by LeonWasGod

From what I've seen it's fine as it's in line with sentencing guidelines. I'd like to see the clubs or EFL do something though as they've bought the game into disrepute and are supposed to be role models, etc. But didn’t Derby include them in the team the first match after the incident? That’s completely wrong imo.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 19:22]

They were fined six weeks wages which is the maximum allowed. I think they should get some sort of ban.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:48 - Oct 15 with 1020 viewsSirjohnalot

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:41 - Oct 15 by Highjack

Could Keogh sue them for the damage to his career? Or would the fact he knew they’d been drinking and got in the car anyway makes him liable?

Don’t do civil law but from what I remember he could successfully sue them but have a great deal of contributory negligence, meaning that any compensation would be cut by the percentage th Judge seems his to have contributed.

Are you negligent for getting into the car if someone is drunk ? Guess it depends if you’re drunk and if so how aware you were of the driver being drunk. If you weren’t aware then there’s no contributory negligence.

(Not done this area since Uni in 97, so it’s well out of date)
Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 02:13 - Oct 16 with 873 viewsTimTtam

Annoyed, but not surprised.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 09:26 - Oct 16 with 705 viewsLeonWasGod

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 19:43 - Oct 15 by Highjack

They were fined six weeks wages which is the maximum allowed. I think they should get some sort of ban.

Should do really. I'm not sure sticking one straight back in the starting 11 and the other on the bench for their next game gives out the right message (to say the least!).
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett sentenced for drink-driving on 10:28 - Oct 16 with 671 viewsBarrySwan

The fact remains that they both shot off leaving an unconscious passenger in the back seat of one of the cars who could well have had potentially fatal injuries if left untreated for all they knew.

Carrying out such cowardly and negligent action such as failing to see if other passengers are safe or in immediate need of medical attention should be a criminal offence in my view.

What a charming pair of young men.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024