Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! 20:43 - Oct 15 with 9024 viewsWingstandwood

Now I know its only an opinion poll, but who would ever have thought this.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-10-15/poll-lead-with-welsh-voters-suggests-b

Argus!

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:28 - Oct 19 with 1801 viewsDJack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:59 - Oct 18 by Lohengrin

Read, son. Every chance you get. As widely and as often as time allows. Read, read and inwardly digest. Read.

Think for yourself, son. Perhaps then your arguments won’t just parrot her’s...

[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 0:17]

Horseshit! Maggie had absolutely no idea of the affect (and effect) of globalisation. She had her whimsical view of a shopkeeper in Grantham...

The sad (? view dependant) fact is Kilkenny is correct.

Britains BIGGEST problem is that it doesn't like to invest in the working (production) clases...which is one of the reasons why we preferred to folow a service industry direction. The poor just serve and the connected provide the money services. It STINKS!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:36 - Oct 19 with 1796 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:28 - Oct 19 by DJack

Horseshit! Maggie had absolutely no idea of the affect (and effect) of globalisation. She had her whimsical view of a shopkeeper in Grantham...

Britains BIGGEST problem is that it doesn't like to invest in the working (production) clases...which is one of the reasons why we preferred to folow a service industry direction. The poor just serve and the connected provide the money services. It STINKS!

Balderdash! (great word, incidentally.)

You and Kilkenny trail in the monetarist wake and vie for the hand of T.I.N.A.

Dupes both, but it’s a cluttered field. You hardly lack for company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/thatchers-real-legacy-globalization/
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 8:43]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 08:22 - Oct 19 with 1749 viewsepaul

Read, son. Every chance you get. As widely and as often as time allows. Read, read and inwardly digest. Read.

F*cking evil personified

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 08:44 - Oct 19 with 1737 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 08:22 - Oct 19 by epaul

F*cking evil personified

Medusa in a twin-set and pearls.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 08:45 - Oct 19 with 1735 viewsepaul

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 08:44 - Oct 19 by Lohengrin

Medusa in a twin-set and pearls.

You got it Loh!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:27 - Oct 19 with 1702 viewsCatullus

Talking of reaing Loh, I got two thirds of the way through SPQR and now we've moved house and I can't find it!
The parrallels between modern politics and Roman politics are quite obvious though. Money equals power, nepotism, greed, self serving policies and the belief that those in charge always know better than those they "rule" over.
Is democracy a tainted system? To quote Washington “It is one of the evils of democratical governments, that the people, not always seeing and frequently misled, must often feel before they can act.” Democracy gives people hope and hope can be a dangerous thing.

Not many in modern UK politics stir up feelings like Thatcher still does, though to me she's no worse than Blair. Both democratically elected and both now hated.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 11:21 - Oct 19 with 1684 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:27 - Oct 19 by Catullus

Talking of reaing Loh, I got two thirds of the way through SPQR and now we've moved house and I can't find it!
The parrallels between modern politics and Roman politics are quite obvious though. Money equals power, nepotism, greed, self serving policies and the belief that those in charge always know better than those they "rule" over.
Is democracy a tainted system? To quote Washington “It is one of the evils of democratical governments, that the people, not always seeing and frequently misled, must often feel before they can act.” Democracy gives people hope and hope can be a dangerous thing.

Not many in modern UK politics stir up feelings like Thatcher still does, though to me she's no worse than Blair. Both democratically elected and both now hated.

If you find your appetite whetted and feel up for a challenge Gibbon’s Rise and Fall is there waiting for you.

Peerless, absolutely majestic.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:34 - Oct 19 with 1655 viewsDJack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:36 - Oct 19 by Lohengrin

Balderdash! (great word, incidentally.)

You and Kilkenny trail in the monetarist wake and vie for the hand of T.I.N.A.

Dupes both, but it’s a cluttered field. You hardly lack for company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/thatchers-real-legacy-globalization/
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 8:43]

Poppycock!

...Just for you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:40 - Oct 19 with 1652 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:34 - Oct 19 by DJack

Poppycock!

...Just for you.

Complete flapdoodle!

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:48 - Oct 19 with 1644 viewsjacks777

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:20 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Correct - welsh people have an historic duty to stand against Tory exploitation of the working class.

Fu*k the working classes. They’re are the fools that keep voting labour 😂
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:48 - Oct 19 with 1649 viewsDJack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 12:40 - Oct 19 by Lohengrin

Complete flapdoodle!

Taradiddle.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:31 - Oct 19 with 1640 viewsJack_Meoff

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:28 - Oct 19 by DJack

I'd respectfully suggest that this is tish, pish with a touch of f*cknuggetry thrown in for good measure. The very reason we have a service industry is because she systematically deindustrialised the country on the orders of her paymasters, the foul lords of finance. She knew exactly what she was doing.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 01:41 - Oct 20 with 1590 viewsEbo

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:34 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

Anyone?

You'll be waiting a long time Wayne, I asked this question 3 years and still yet to get an answer.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 1516 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:52 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

How is brexit going to help the working person in an ever globalised world?

Maybe this is a better place for this link,

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/24/eu-workers-rights-capital-

Maybe the question should be, will remaining in the EU be better for workers rights, or worse?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:19 - Oct 25 with 1511 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 11:21 - Oct 19 by Lohengrin

If you find your appetite whetted and feel up for a challenge Gibbon’s Rise and Fall is there waiting for you.

Peerless, absolutely majestic.

I know it'll upset a book purist but I have just bought "Rise and Fall" on my Kindle for £1.99, seems like a bargain and it'll keep me busy for a while!

Loh, there was another book you recommended, do you remember it please?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:25 - Oct 25 with 1502 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:19 - Oct 25 by Catullus

I know it'll upset a book purist but I have just bought "Rise and Fall" on my Kindle for £1.99, seems like a bargain and it'll keep me busy for a while!

Loh, there was another book you recommended, do you remember it please?

Probably Tom Holland’s Rubicon, I should think it was. Holland is a master story teller, he really brings his subject matter to life. He’s excellent.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:43 - Oct 25 with 1476 viewsUxbridge

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:54 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Well maybe because we can forge our own trade deals, deals that suit us better. You'd think we were building a wall around the islands and threatening to shoot anyone trying to enter or leave.
To be fair, it's not like anyone ever left these islands, you know, pre EU and went off into the big wide world looking for opportunity. That would just be mad.

I'm not entirely sure crippling relations with by far our biggest trading block, and will forever be our most convenient trading block, is entirely sensible though. Which is what No Deal would do, as would the more extreme deals that are being signalled.

It's the interim that worries me anyway. The 9 year period that usually exists between start of talks and trade deals completing. You can't tell me this country, or rather its people, are particularly well placed for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:27 - Oct 25 with 1435 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 10:43 - Oct 25 by Uxbridge

I'm not entirely sure crippling relations with by far our biggest trading block, and will forever be our most convenient trading block, is entirely sensible though. Which is what No Deal would do, as would the more extreme deals that are being signalled.

It's the interim that worries me anyway. The 9 year period that usually exists between start of talks and trade deals completing. You can't tell me this country, or rather its people, are particularly well placed for that.

We don't need to cripple relations with the EU. A sensible deal should have been done by now if not for the disruptive remain supporting MP's.
Regardless, it's not in anyone's best intereststo have no deal and any damage can be repaired.
Once the Rotterdam effect is accounted for we probably do more trade outside the EU than with it and they will want to secure a proper trading relationshipwith us. Just this week Germany tipped into recession which is possibly caused by the brexit nonsense being dragged out. Germany has been hit harder than us.
If the politicians let the ideology get in the way of common sense and what is best for the people they are supposed to serve then they deserve stringing up, all of them.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:59 - Oct 25 with 1422 viewslonglostjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:26 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

The EU share of global trade has shrunk consistently over the last 10-15 years. Being free to negotiate our own deals may be a benefit, may be a hindrance.

Nobody can say for certain, despite 90% of people being convinced that they can say for certain.

The China effect. It just means that the EU is relatively less important than it was in global terms. So too for that matter is the US.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2019 16:03]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:02 - Oct 30 with 1329 viewsjackrabbit

How can anybody out of his/her teens contemplate voting Labour, with this disgraceful charlatan in charge? Unthinkable.

The sooner it is reflective of the decency of people like Steve Baker the better. It would then be worth voting for again.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:24 - Oct 30 with 1299 viewsbuilthjack

Evil. Pure evil.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:44 - Oct 30 with 1280 viewsHighjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:24 - Oct 30 by builthjack

Evil. Pure evil.

Never trust people whose eyes point in different directions, especially outwards.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 07:07 - Oct 31 with 1210 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:44 - Oct 30 by Highjack

Never trust people whose eyes point in different directions, especially outwards.

Similar eyes to Kitchener. He was off his nut too.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 09:16 - Oct 31 with 1162 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 23:44 - Oct 30 by Highjack

Strabismus.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024