Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers 09:48 - Oct 17 with 1651 viewsdickythorpe

There'll be a death before long.
Where are the police and politicians?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50079716
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 09:53 - Oct 17 with 1124 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Surely public transport is the way forward for the protesters?

Are they a bit thick?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 09:54 - Oct 17 with 1114 viewsUxbridge

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 09:53 - Oct 17 by Joe_bradshaw

Surely public transport is the way forward for the protesters?

Are they a bit thick?

Aye. Ridiculously counterproductive.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 10:15 - Oct 17 with 1090 viewsBatterseajack

Silly move this. They got widespread support from the public up until now. Targeting people using public transport is counterproductive.
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 10:29 - Oct 17 with 1069 viewsHighjack

Clowns.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:17 - Oct 17 with 1031 viewsTimTtam

This is what I meant when I said in the other thread that I don't like the methods that protestors are using.

Protesting for climate change is good, but not when it interferes with the general public. And especially not when it is dangerous for the protestors themselves.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:30 - Oct 17 with 1003 viewscontroversial_jack

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:17 - Oct 17 by TimTtam

This is what I meant when I said in the other thread that I don't like the methods that protestors are using.

Protesting for climate change is good, but not when it interferes with the general public. And especially not when it is dangerous for the protestors themselves.

Isn't that the idea of a protest though, to cause as much publicity as possibel? Wouldn't be much point doint it where it doesn't affect anyone
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:36 - Oct 17 with 989 viewsWingstandwood

Common sense free loons these protesters if they think (of all places) Canning Town commuters are the ideal people to suffer serious inconvenience from their student-union activist shenanigans.

Argus!

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:37 - Oct 17 with 986 viewsraynor94

It was only a matter of time before the public turned, no sympathy at all for that arse on top of the train

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:40 - Oct 17 with 975 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The clue is in the name "Rebellion".
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:43 - Oct 17 with 971 viewsHighjack

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:40 - Oct 17 by A_Fans_Dad

The clue is in the name "Rebellion".

They’ll be bloody extinct if they all keep playing on train tracks and runways.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:20 - Oct 17 with 915 viewsTimTtam

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:30 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

Isn't that the idea of a protest though, to cause as much publicity as possibel? Wouldn't be much point doint it where it doesn't affect anyone

They've certainly achieved their goal of creating publicity, but if they keep doing stuff like this, they'll lose support of the general public. And it affects the respectful and sensible protestors that may now be perceived as lunatics.

I think the cause is good. But I think the radical protestors are bad. There's such a thing as being passionate, but also reserved enough not to make a fool of yourself.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:22 - Oct 17 with 905 viewsbluey_the_blue

I like the silly old couple who glued themselves to a train.

An electric train.

Which is, you know, better for the environment than other trains.
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:25 - Oct 17 with 900 viewscontroversial_jack

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:20 - Oct 17 by TimTtam

They've certainly achieved their goal of creating publicity, but if they keep doing stuff like this, they'll lose support of the general public. And it affects the respectful and sensible protestors that may now be perceived as lunatics.

I think the cause is good. But I think the radical protestors are bad. There's such a thing as being passionate, but also reserved enough not to make a fool of yourself.

I think you are right, it will turn the public against the cause, however nobody would take notice if it was done nice and respectfully
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:41 - Oct 17 with 879 viewsNotLoyal

83 year old Phil Kingston doesn't give a fck, he will be extinct before the rebellion has had their tea.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:11 - Oct 17 with 843 viewsLeonWasGod

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 12:25 - Oct 17 by controversial_jack

I think you are right, it will turn the public against the cause, however nobody would take notice if it was done nice and respectfully

If only people would go about their civil disobedience in an obedient manner, eh?

They might have shot themselves in the foot over this, but I suspect there will be as much support as opposition. Ultimately they are trying to attract the government's attention, not win hearts and minds (although the former would be easier if they did the latter, granted).
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 819 viewsWarwickHunt

Should have just closed the doors and headed for the tunnel - silly cûnt would have got down quicker than shit through a goose.
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:29 - Oct 17 with 806 viewsUxbridge

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 11:37 - Oct 17 by raynor94

It was only a matter of time before the public turned, no sympathy at all for that arse on top of the train

Baby and bathwater springs to mind. I don't think that's happened at all, not yet, although XR won't just get a free pass to do what they want.

They could well lose public sympathy if they continue down this sort of line though. If they have any sense they'll publicly apologise and stick to protesting in a way that doesn't inconvenience transport systems that are consistent with their views.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:35 - Oct 17 with 788 viewsNeath_Jack

70% percent of them voted against any action against the tubes today.

Within any organisation, you are going to get the knobheads who will do their own thing anyway.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 776 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:35 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

Within any organisation, you are going to get the knobheads who will do their own thing anyway.

Don't make excuses, this was planned and announced before today, this wasn't a few non conformists.
Further support for the protest was called off and the vote was after seeing the Public reaction.
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:53 - Oct 17 with 771 viewsLohengrin

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:35 - Oct 17 by Neath_Jack

Today bears testament to one of two things: first and most likely allowing elbow room for militant reds to bring their customary obnoxious idiocy to bear or just perhaps the presence in London of a handful of agent provocateurs out to discredit a movement more than capable of garnering mass support?

The smart money’s on the former but when finance has a stake you just never know?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 14:20]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:09 - Oct 17 with 751 viewsNeath_Jack

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:48 - Oct 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Don't make excuses, this was planned and announced before today, this wasn't a few non conformists.
Further support for the protest was called off and the vote was after seeing the Public reaction.

Shut up you massive tit.

I'm making excuses for nobody, I am repeating what a report said on LBC this morning.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:19 - Oct 17 with 742 viewslondonlisa2001

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 13:53 - Oct 17 by Lohengrin

Today bears testament to one of two things: first and most likely allowing elbow room for militant reds to bring their customary obnoxious idiocy to bear or just perhaps the presence in London of a handful of agent provocateurs out to discredit a movement more than capable of garnering mass support?

The smart money’s on the former but when finance has a stake you just never know?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 14:20]

I suspect it’s just a few nutters who, as usual, take things far too far.
Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:29 - Oct 17 with 724 viewsLohengrin

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:19 - Oct 17 by londonlisa2001

I suspect it’s just a few nutters who, as usual, take things far too far.

So do I, love.

My neighbour called around earlier fetching some tools back and we watched the news with a cup of tea and he, like you and I, is in broad agreement with the aims of the environmental movement and was absolutely adamant that somebody had to be paying for a stunt so colossally self-defeating.

The sad truth is there are plenty who are that stupid.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:32 - Oct 17 with 720 viewstheloneranger

LONDON ... Where unemployed people lie down on roads and trains to stop employed people going to work to pay for their unemployment benefits!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:36 - Oct 17 with 710 viewslondonlisa2001

Extinction rebellion causing havoc to workers on 14:32 - Oct 17 by theloneranger

LONDON ... Where unemployed people lie down on roads and trains to stop employed people going to work to pay for their unemployment benefits!!

It’s not ‘unemployed’ people...

Many of those protesting are retired, students, rich trustafarians etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024