Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice little write up about Ayew 16:35 - Oct 17 with 2729 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Looks to join brother in the Premier League." Not via transfer, rather because he believes in Cooper's vision for getting Swansea City promoted.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/swansea-city/story/3966889/swanseas-andre-ayew-looks

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Nice little write up about Ayew on 16:42 - Oct 17 with 2711 viewshobo

Mercenary!
Nice little write up about Ayew on 16:48 - Oct 17 with 2697 viewsmonmouth

Yeah, he’d never take a transfer to the PL if it were offered by anyone. Never.

What a hero he is for doing the job he’s paid millions to do.

’Repay the fans’. Laughable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nice little write up about Ayew on 16:55 - Oct 17 with 2674 viewsSTID2017

Nice little write up about Ayew on 16:48 - Oct 17 by monmouth

If he gets us back there and gets a move because of it, then I for one will be pleased with what he's done this season.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nice little write up about Ayew on 17:06 - Oct 17 with 2651 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Nobody said he wouldn't take one, just that he's not looking for one.

Yet for some reason he's held to a sanctimoniously high standard I don't see others held to by our supporters.

Which baffles me, as hard as the guy works on the pitch.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 17:07]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Nice little write up about Ayew on 17:20 - Oct 17 with 2624 viewsmonmouth

Nice little write up about Ayew on 17:06 - Oct 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yet for some reason he's held to a sanctimoniously high standard I don't see others held to by our supporters.

His agent will be working his socks off for January for goodness sake. Of course he’s looking for one. He’d be off in a heartbeat for the prem. I’m not holding him to any high standard, any of the players would. He’s just full of bullshit. What I can’t understand is why anyone falls for that crap.

Nice little write up about Ayew on 18:40 - Oct 17 with 2500 viewsDr_Winston

Nice little write up about Ayew on 17:20 - Oct 17 by monmouth

His agent will be working his socks off for January for goodness sake. Of course he’s looking for one. He’d be off in a heartbeat for the prem. I’m not holding him to any high standard, any of the players would. He’s just full of bullshit. What I can’t understand is why anyone falls for that crap.

You do seem to have a particular itch to scratch as far as AA is concerned Monny.

Personally I don't get it. He's never dodged hard work on the pitch, never asked to leave, never rocked the boat or bitched when things haven't been going our way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:23 - Oct 17 with 2442 viewsmonmouth

Nice little write up about Ayew on 18:40 - Oct 17 by Dr_Winston

You do seem to have a particular itch to scratch as far as AA is concerned Monny.

Personally I don't get it. He's never dodged hard work on the pitch, never asked to leave, never rocked the boat or bitched when things haven't been going our way.

I’m probably still annoyed we bought him back. I think he’s wildly overrated. I was told that he was desperate to leave from the first January he was here, but couldn’t wait to play the ‘unfinished business’ crap when he had failed and nowhere else to go.

I don’t believe he’s any different to any other pro footballer though. Spout any old crap that people want to hear. Just amazed anyone swallows it.

I do agree that he’s put in the effort and not shirked, but I think we’re entitled to expect that. I feel the same about Baston. I’m less fond of Ayew’s brother.

Oh, and I love him when he scores or does something good. More of that and less chopsing would suit me fine. That goes for all of them too.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 19:26]

Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:25 - Oct 17 with 2435 viewsOldjack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 16:42 - Oct 17 by hobo

Mercenary!

Show me a footballer who isn't

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:07 - Oct 17 with 2365 viewsplasjack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:23 - Oct 17 by monmouth

I’m probably still annoyed we bought him back. I think he’s wildly overrated. I was told that he was desperate to leave from the first January he was here, but couldn’t wait to play the ‘unfinished business’ crap when he had failed and nowhere else to go.

I don’t believe he’s any different to any other pro footballer though. Spout any old crap that people want to hear. Just amazed anyone swallows it.

I do agree that he’s put in the effort and not shirked, but I think we’re entitled to expect that. I feel the same about Baston. I’m less fond of Ayew’s brother.

Oh, and I love him when he scores or does something good. More of that and less chopsing would suit me fine. That goes for all of them too.

We bow to your less than sincere opinion, you must have an ego to match.
Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:09 - Oct 17 with 2359 viewsjackrmee

Exactly...and if we get back to the prem, why would he want to move?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:24 - Oct 17 with 2329 viewsmonmouth

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:07 - Oct 17 by plasjack

We bow to your less than sincere opinion, you must have an ego to match.

Thank you

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:50 - Oct 17 with 2291 viewsGlyn1

But it sounds like he's rejected moves to other clubs abroad, so good luck to him.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Nice little write up about Ayew on 21:04 - Oct 17 with 2274 viewsLeonWasGod

Nice little write up about Ayew on 17:06 - Oct 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Possibly because if you pay £18m and feck knows how much on wages on a player, who openly talks about their desire to play Champions League football, you expect someone with the quality to rip this league apart.

But that’s not what we’re seeing. Apart from the odd moment of class he goes missing too much. Maybe that’s because he’s stuck out on the right, or maybe it’s because that’s how he is.

In his first spell we we’re always wondering how to get the best out of him. I think we’re still looking for the answer to that question.
Nice little write up about Ayew on 21:21 - Oct 17 with 2236 viewsGaryjack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:50 - Oct 17 by Glyn1

But it sounds like he's rejected moves to other clubs abroad, so good luck to him.

No he hasn't! The club have rejected the terms of any loan agreement whereby we pay a % of his wage. Ayew has rejected nothing.
Nice little write up about Ayew on 22:11 - Oct 17 with 2161 viewspencoedjack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 21:04 - Oct 17 by LeonWasGod

Possibly because if you pay £18m and feck knows how much on wages on a player, who openly talks about their desire to play Champions League football, you expect someone with the quality to rip this league apart.

But that’s not what we’re seeing. Apart from the odd moment of class he goes missing too much. Maybe that’s because he’s stuck out on the right, or maybe it’s because that’s how he is.

In his first spell we we’re always wondering how to get the best out of him. I think we’re still looking for the answer to that question.

Scored 12 goals in his 1st spell with the difficulty of trying to fit him & Gylfi into the same team.

Looks a tad overweight & was blowing through his arse in the Reading game ( I missed the Stoke game). As others have said should be ripping this league up.

Needs to bag a hat trick against the Basseys to get some fans back on side 👍
Nice little write up about Ayew on 22:48 - Oct 17 with 2119 viewsjackrabbit

Well said
Nice little write up about Ayew on 23:28 - Oct 17 with 2086 viewsjackrmee

Nice little write up about Ayew on 21:21 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

No he hasn't! The club have rejected the terms of any loan agreement whereby we pay a % of his wage. Ayew has rejected nothing.

Maybe, but maybe not...
How do we know either way for definite?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nice little write up about Ayew on 07:34 - Oct 18 with 1939 viewsMrSwerve

I tend to agree with Dr WOB on the Ayew criticism. Andre seems to get on with it. If anyone believes it when footballers say they aren’t looking for a step up the leagues then more fool them.

Also I’m not quite sure what people mean when they say Ayew should be ‘dominating’ or ‘ripping up’ this league. He’s certainly shown his class, but he’s 1 out of 11 players on the pitch for us in a very competitive league, playing in a young squad. He’s hardly going to be strolling through defences Messi-esque, scoring goals every week.

He’s certainly an asset to us in this league, though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Nice little write up about Ayew on 07:44 - Oct 18 with 1931 views34dfgdf54

Nice little write up about Ayew on 07:34 - Oct 18 by MrSwerve

I tend to agree with Dr WOB on the Ayew criticism. Andre seems to get on with it. If anyone believes it when footballers say they aren’t looking for a step up the leagues then more fool them.

Also I’m not quite sure what people mean when they say Ayew should be ‘dominating’ or ‘ripping up’ this league. He’s certainly shown his class, but he’s 1 out of 11 players on the pitch for us in a very competitive league, playing in a young squad. He’s hardly going to be strolling through defences Messi-esque, scoring goals every week.

He’s certainly an asset to us in this league, though.

He's our best player by an absolute country mile.

I'm also with Doc on this one.
Nice little write up about Ayew on 12:19 - Oct 18 with 1743 viewsGaryjack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 23:28 - Oct 17 by jackrmee

Maybe, but maybe not...
How do we know either way for definite?

Oh i dunno, maybe because he would have gone running to the media to let us all know what a good little boy he's been?
Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:57 - Oct 18 with 1561 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:23 - Oct 17 by monmouth

I think the main target of your anger is Jenkins really. It’s not his fault he was offered an eye watering contract that could have sunk us and i myself in particular was furious at him for just skipping off after 6 months when we were relegated.

However at every game (especially the away games) he’s really run himself into the ground for the team. I can’t ask for anymore than that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:48 - Oct 18 with 1529 viewsDr_Winston

Nice little write up about Ayew on 19:57 - Oct 18 by Brynmill_Jack

I think the main target of your anger is Jenkins really. It’s not his fault he was offered an eye watering contract that could have sunk us and i myself in particular was furious at him for just skipping off after 6 months when we were relegated.

However at every game (especially the away games) he’s really run himself into the ground for the team. I can’t ask for anymore than that.

I am reliably informed (about as reliable as it gets) that Ayew never asked for the loan away. The club were desperate to get as much of his wages as possible off the books and he just went with what they wanted.

His brother is a bit of a tosser from what I hear, but Andre has never been anything less than professional whilst connected to SCFC.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nice little write up about Ayew on 23:45 - Oct 18 with 1464 viewsDJack

Nice little write up about Ayew on 20:48 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

I am reliably informed (about as reliable as it gets) that Ayew never asked for the loan away. The club were desperate to get as much of his wages as possible off the books and he just went with what they wanted.

His brother is a bit of a tosser from what I hear, but Andre has never been anything less than professional whilst connected to SCFC.

When we collapsed in the Premier league the last to players to give in were Gylfi and Andre...with Andre being the last. He was always a conundrum for us but he was/is someone who keeps pushing forward. Whether or not that is enough is up for scrutiny but it is a worthy side of the man.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nice little write up about Ayew on 04:10 - Oct 19 with 1420 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Nice little write up about Ayew on 23:45 - Oct 18 by DJack

When we collapsed in the Premier league the last to players to give in were Gylfi and Andre...with Andre being the last. He was always a conundrum for us but he was/is someone who keeps pushing forward. Whether or not that is enough is up for scrutiny but it is a worthy side of the man.

I'd add Fabianski to that short list. The image of him defeated and in tears when we went down is something I'll never forget.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 4:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024