Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recycling 20:05 - Oct 17 with 1662 viewsCatullus

Having recently moved from Llansamlet to Skewen I have found that NPT are much better for recycling than Swansea. Black bags are still taken once a fortnight but most of the rest is taken every week and they take more of the things we'd black bag in Swansea.

So why can't all councils operate the same system? If NPT can recycle all the extra stuff (including batteries and milk/food cartons) why can't every council?

Shouldn't there be a national standard for recycling so the whole country can do more of it? The planet could do with the help!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Recycling on 20:12 - Oct 17 with 1641 viewsjackrmee

I've always put milk and food cartons in with my recycling anyway. Aren't they meant to be?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Recycling on 20:16 - Oct 17 with 1633 viewslifelong

I don’t see any problem with Swansea recycling, A large pink bag for plastic and black bags every two weeks, green bags for paper, bottles and cans plus large garden waste bags, also every two weeks with food waste bins every week.
Do NPT accept battery waste in separate containers?
Recycling on 20:21 - Oct 17 with 1622 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 20:12 - Oct 17 by jackrmee

I've always put milk and food cartons in with my recycling anyway. Aren't they meant to be?

We had a green bag refused for having a milk carton in it. For food cartons it depends on the material.
The main thing is, in NPT land we have 3 different white reusable sacks, 2 black boxes, a green bag and a wheelie bin. Paper in one box, bottles/glass in the other. Plastics and tins in one white bag, cardboard the other. There's a bag for batteries, one for garden waste. Then, like I said, the recycling is taken every week with the wheelie bin emptied once a fortnight.

It just seems better to me, more efficient.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Recycling on 20:37 - Oct 17 with 1602 viewsdickythorpe

Recycling on 20:16 - Oct 17 by lifelong

I don’t see any problem with Swansea recycling, A large pink bag for plastic and black bags every two weeks, green bags for paper, bottles and cans plus large garden waste bags, also every two weeks with food waste bins every week.

We only have blue bags in Carmarthenshire which you have to collect! Plus we have to buy our own black bags.
Glass we have to take to bottle bank.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:38]
Recycling on 20:40 - Oct 17 with 1595 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 20:16 - Oct 17 by lifelong

It's not so much that Swansea recycling is a problem, it just seems to me NPT do it better and, looking at the big picture, wouldn't it be better if every council in Wales operated the same system?

Wouldn't it be more cost efective and efficient, possibly more succesful if all councils were on the same page?

Recycling on 21:04 - Oct 17 with 1563 viewsjack_lord

Our council tax rates (bandwise) are higher in NPT so they should take our bags. NPT recycling plant in Cwmgors has shut so we have to go to Swansea (Llansamlet).

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Recycling on 21:27 - Oct 17 with 1528 viewsProfessor

A consistent approach would be so much easier. We (Cheshire west) have 2 Wheelie bins which alternate weeks (standard and garden waste), a weekly food recycling bin,
And 2 weekly box/bins for plastic, glass, paper etc. Complex. Wirral differs again ( a mile up the road), whereas Liverpool has a purple bin for all recycling apart from food. The
Recycling on 09:52 - Oct 18 with 1391 views1983

Moved to Skewen!!! are you mad?

Login to get fewer ads

Recycling on 10:08 - Oct 18 with 1378 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 09:52 - Oct 18 by 1983

Moved to Skewen!!! are you mad?

Have you never read any of my previous posts? You wouldn't need to ask if you had.

Actually, we bought a bigger house with a much better garden ( we don't have a garage anymore though) and it has walls you can hang stuff on, unlike our old, new build house, and we got it for the same price as we sold. Once we've finished upgrading it will aparently be worth about 40k more (according to the estimates we got) and that's 30k clear profit.

Besides, Skewen is nice, better than Trallwn. Skewen park is close by and our son and dog both love it. It's kept that village feel, much like where I grew up.

Recycling on 10:22 - Oct 18 with 1360 viewsraynor94

Recycling on 20:21 - Oct 17 by Catullus

We had a green bag refused for having a milk carton in it. For food cartons it depends on the material.
The main thing is, in NPT land we have 3 different white reusable sacks, 2 black boxes, a green bag and a wheelie bin. Paper in one box, bottles/glass in the other. Plastics and tins in one white bag, cardboard the other. There's a bag for batteries, one for garden waste. Then, like I said, the recycling is taken every week with the wheelie bin emptied once a fortnight.

It just seems better to me, more efficient.

Can't find anything at all wrong with Swansea recycling, simple to use, pink one week green the other.

You can put out as many of those as you like, and food waste is every week, black 2 bags every fortnight.

It's just people abuse it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Recycling on 10:33 - Oct 18 with 1351 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 21:04 - Oct 17 by jack_lord

Our council tax rates (bandwise) are higher in NPT so they should take our bags. NPT recycling plant in Cwmgors has shut so we have to go to Swansea (Llansamlet).

Our house is a band higher now and the council tax is nearly double what it was in Llansamlet, it came as a shock!

Recycling on 10:34 - Oct 18 with 1350 views1983

Recycling on 10:08 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Have you never read any of my previous posts? You wouldn't need to ask if you had.

Actually, we bought a bigger house with a much better garden ( we don't have a garage anymore though) and it has walls you can hang stuff on, unlike our old, new build house, and we got it for the same price as we sold. Once we've finished upgrading it will aparently be worth about 40k more (according to the estimates we got) and that's 30k clear profit.

Besides, Skewen is nice, better than Trallwn. Skewen park is close by and our son and dog both love it. It's kept that village feel, much like where I grew up.

Feck me have a day off mun I was only trying to have a laugh!
Enjoy your recycling

Recycling on 10:40 - Oct 18 with 1343 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 10:22 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Can't find anything at all wrong with Swansea recycling, simple to use, pink one week green the other.

You can put out as many of those as you like, and food waste is every week, black 2 bags every fortnight.

It's just people abuse it

The big issue for me is the widespread one of only 3 black bags. We don't often have 3 but sometimes (like when we moved recently, I threw out a lot of non recyclable stuff, where does it all come from?) and had to drive to the tip. Isn't that counter productive, using more fuel, clogging up the roads only to queue up at the same place as the bin lorries go spewing more fumes out while you wait your turn.
If you sometimes have more than 3 (at Christmas and birthdays maybe) is it not more sensible for the bin lorry to just take them. If you always have more than 3 then the council regularly send people around checking, they can knock on doors and offer advice.

On the recycling itself, wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient if every council operated the same systems? Then wouldn't that be better for the environment?

Recycling on 19:21 - Oct 18 with 1264 viewsN_T_J

Recycling on 10:34 - Oct 18 by 1983

Enjoy your recycling

Don't fuk with the Skew Crew butty 😁🙌
Recycling on 20:50 - Oct 18 with 1235 viewsCatullus

Recycling on 10:34 - Oct 18 by 1983

Enjoy your recycling

And the opening line was being serious?

Recycling on 20:17 - Oct 21 with 1082 viewscackinthesackjack

I've lived in NPT and Swansea and NPT does do it better.

Swansea's issues are the plastic and black bag contents spilling on windy days, of which there are many,

I prefer living in Swansea though.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024