Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? 20:40 - Oct 21 with 1312 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Arsenal have cast iron penalty, Dean gives yellow for diving.
No VAR?
Before that the same thing at the other end, again no VAR.
What is going on?

ps Dean is having a mare.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 20:42]
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 1267 viewsGaryjack

I may be wrong, but i believe they are actually following the rules of VAR here, in that the referee controls the game in instances such as this. However, it seems that VAR went into overdrive at the weekend where decisions made by the referees wrongly went to VAR. At the end of the day, the referee controls the game not VAR.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:59 - Oct 21 with 1242 viewsSPboy

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 21:02 - Oct 21 with 1231 viewsOldjack

Dean is a kant ,I'll not forgive him for the pen that never was

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 22:05 - Oct 21 with 1151 viewsswan85

I have had my own issues with VAR. on an open bet when a goal is scored I have cashed out at the full return value. When the goal is then disallowed the bookies have reversed the bet well after the game has finished. I have pointed out to them (they quote their terms that they can do this) but my view is their terms are against the principle of English law, Offer and Acceptance, in that they have offered me the cash out and I accepted it. I don’t believe this falls under invitation to treat as I have used the proceeds to place another bet.

Also I think that reversing the bet and reducing it to zero after the game is an issue is unfair as if they hadn’t allowed me to cash out, i could have cashed out the bet at the stake value or even a profit. I am arguing this is an unfair practice from them. I also think they need to sort themselves out with VAR as well.

Any legal beagles have a view? Thanks all!
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 1094 viewsploppy

I actually thought Arsenal's was more of a penalty than Sheff Utd's minutes earlier. So how the Arsenal player was booked and the Sheff Utd player wasn't is beyond me.

VAR has had a mare this last weekend. Origi was certainly fouled. Watford should have had a penalty. Wolves' penalty was a dive. Etc.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 23:47 - Oct 21 with 1046 viewshobo

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 22:42 - Oct 21 by ploppy

I actually thought Arsenal's was more of a penalty than Sheff Utd's minutes earlier. So how the Arsenal player was booked and the Sheff Utd player wasn't is beyond me.

VAR has had a mare this last weekend. Origi was certainly fouled. Watford should have had a penalty. Wolves' penalty was a dive. Etc.

VAR has had a mare since it's inception
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 06:14 - Oct 22 with 970 viewsjackal

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 21:02 - Oct 21 by Oldjack

Dean is a kant ,I'll not forgive him for the pen that never was

That was an incredible decision.

Maybe the blow on the head affected his decision.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 09:13 - Oct 22 with 887 viewsoldcob

Dean is continually getting it wrong. Why he is considered a top ref is beyond me. League 1/2 should be his level.
Login to get fewer ads

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 10:32 - Oct 22 with 846 viewsNWSwans

Saka dived all day long, purposely dragged his foot into the defender, good refereeing on this occasion
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 13:26 - Oct 22 with 781 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 20:53 - Oct 21 by Garyjack

I may be wrong, but i believe they are actually following the rules of VAR here, in that the referee controls the game in instances such as this. However, it seems that VAR went into overdrive at the weekend where decisions made by the referees wrongly went to VAR. At the end of the day, the referee controls the game not VAR.

I agree about it being used correctly.
The only problem with that is if you get an egotistic Ref than "is never wrong" he won't call for assistance, even though it is glaringly obvious to the commentators and all the TV viewers that he got it wrong.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 13:53 - Oct 22 with 756 viewsGaryjack

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 13:26 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree about it being used correctly.
The only problem with that is if you get an egotistic Ref than "is never wrong" he won't call for assistance, even though it is glaringly obvious to the commentators and all the TV viewers that he got it wrong.

And therein lies the problem. Imo if referees are failing to ask for assistance when that help is readily available to them, then they should have the option to decide contentious issues removed completely. This should be the case anyway as far as i'm concerned, i'll use our cup tie against Man City last season as a prime example. Had VAR been available that day, the Aguero goal would have been ruled out, but the penalty decision against us would have stood unchallenged.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 19:01 - Oct 22 with 653 viewskarnataka

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 13:53 - Oct 22 by Garyjack

And therein lies the problem. Imo if referees are failing to ask for assistance when that help is readily available to them, then they should have the option to decide contentious issues removed completely. This should be the case anyway as far as i'm concerned, i'll use our cup tie against Man City last season as a prime example. Had VAR been available that day, the Aguero goal would have been ruled out, but the penalty decision against us would have stood unchallenged.

Why would the pen decision have been unchallenged? I though the VAR bods were reviewing everything as the game progresses, particularly contentious decisions when play has stopped?
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 19:36 - Oct 22 with 623 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 19:01 - Oct 22 by karnataka

Why would the pen decision have been unchallenged? I though the VAR bods were reviewing everything as the game progresses, particularly contentious decisions when play has stopped?

The totally ignored body block that floored Dan James was another classic example of very poor reffing.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 607 viewsGaryjack

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 19:01 - Oct 22 by karnataka

They will only over rule a refereeing decision like a penalty if it's clear and obvious. That one wasn't, so it would have been solely down to the referee. It seems it's all about retaining the referees control of the game and not exposing their incompetence, when in reality the referee should be asking VAR for assistance in such cases. It's much the same for a sending off, the ref flashes his card and off you go, and have to go through the appeal process. It's a shambles.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 21:09 - Oct 22 with 588 viewsSwanDownUnder

Not an Arsenal fan myself.
Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 21:22 - Oct 22 with 579 viewsGaryjack

Mike Dean gets it wrong, where is VAR? on 21:09 - Oct 22 by SwanDownUnder

Not an Arsenal fan myself.

Good for you. Although Arsenal have been referenced, and also Mike Dean, it's a discussion about VAR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024