Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. 13:07 - Oct 24 with 2182 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Please be aware that the Traffic Wardens will be out early on Sunday scouring the streets looking to give tickets out to anyone who is silly enough to take a risk on where they park.
Don't take that risk, park sensibly and let's hope everyone has a good day on and off the field.
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:19 - Oct 24 with 2136 viewsdickythorpe

Another WARNING - This derby might be one of the most poor in quality for quite a number of years!!!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:20]
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:30 - Oct 24 with 2102 viewsNotLoyal

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:19 - Oct 24 by dickythorpe

Another WARNING - This derby might be one of the most poor in quality for quite a number of years!!!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2019 13:20]

It will be relentless from the off.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:33 - Oct 24 with 2092 viewsdickythorpe

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:30 - Oct 24 by NotLoyal

It will be relentless from the off.

What, the bullying our midfield will get?
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:38 - Oct 24 with 2081 viewsNotLoyal

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:33 - Oct 24 by dickythorpe

What, the bullying our midfield will get?

I think they will, that’s got to be a part of our tactics, use it to our advantage. I’ve never been to a dull or boring derby game, can’t see this being any different.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:39 - Oct 24 with 2079 viewsbuilthjack

You can park a car legally with 2 wheels on a pavement, as long as you are not causing an obstruction.
You should leave enough room for a wheelchair to pass.
Obviously can't be lines there either.
This applies outside London.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 16:46 - Oct 24 with 1906 viewstheloneranger

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:38 - Oct 24 by NotLoyal

I think they will, that’s got to be a part of our tactics, use it to our advantage. I’ve never been to a dull or boring derby game, can’t see this being any different.

Don't forget the 0-0 Autoglass Trophy match in 1991, just days after our 2-1 FA Cup win against them.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 16:50 - Oct 24 with 1891 viewsPacemaker

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:39 - Oct 24 by builthjack

You can park a car legally with 2 wheels on a pavement, as long as you are not causing an obstruction.

No you can’t it’s at the discretion of the council warden if he books you

“Driving on the pavement unless you're turning into a driveway. Rule 244 of the Highway Code states that you must not park fully or even partly on the pavement unless road signs permit it”

in London, it's an offence to park on the pavement, full stop.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 17:01 - Oct 24 with 1865 viewsmonmouth

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 16:50 - Oct 24 by Pacemaker

No you can’t it’s at the discretion of the council warden if he books you

“Driving on the pavement unless you're turning into a driveway. Rule 244 of the Highway Code states that you must not park fully or even partly on the pavement unless road signs permit it”

in London, it's an offence to park on the pavement, full stop.

Is the highway code part of a statutory instrument? Or advisory regulations? I'm appalled I don't know the answer to that already.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 17:07 - Oct 24 with 1851 viewsTenbySwan

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 17:01 - Oct 24 by monmouth

Is the highway code part of a statutory instrument? Or advisory regulations? I'm appalled I don't know the answer to that already.

If the Highway Code says "You Must " well you must !

If it says "you Should" some would argue that is not compulsory e.g. wearing a helmet when cycling.
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 17:28 - Oct 24 with 1796 viewstheloneranger

This is what the RAC says ...

"In London, you must not park on the pavement, the must indicating there is legislation behind this rule and you could receive a fine for breaking it.

However, outside of the capital or “elsewhere”, the Highway Code states drivers should not park on the pavement, meaning it is advisory and not, therefore, backed up by any legislation.

Rule 242 is where it gets a little less clear, stating: "You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road."

This is a must not, again, meaning if your car is reported or seen by a police officer and judged to be either in a dangerous position or causing an unnecessary obstruction of the road, you could receive a Fixed Penalty"

I think this means ... "DON'T trust a traffic warden!! 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 18:21 - Oct 24 with 1732 viewsNeath_Jack

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 17:28 - Oct 24 by theloneranger

This is what the RAC says ...

"In London, you must not park on the pavement, the must indicating there is legislation behind this rule and you could receive a fine for breaking it.

However, outside of the capital or “elsewhere”, the Highway Code states drivers should not park on the pavement, meaning it is advisory and not, therefore, backed up by any legislation.

Rule 242 is where it gets a little less clear, stating: "You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road."

This is a must not, again, meaning if your car is reported or seen by a police officer and judged to be either in a dangerous position or causing an unnecessary obstruction of the road, you could receive a Fixed Penalty"

I think this means ... "DON'T trust a traffic warden!! 😂😂

They were out booking cars on double yellows, in the little industrial estate opposite the stadium, on Tuesday evening too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 06:42 - Oct 25 with 1507 viewsPacemaker

The actual offence used is driving elsewhere other than a road. It’s a catch all other situations.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 11:59 - Oct 25 with 1389 viewssdh1412

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 13:39 - Oct 24 by builthjack

No you can't. You have committed the offence of'driving on the footpath', unless you dropped your car out of the sky !!
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 12:01 - Oct 25 with 1377 viewssdh1412

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 06:42 - Oct 25 by Pacemaker

The actual offence used is driving elsewhere other than a road. It’s a catch all other situations.

Specific offence is driving on the footpath. You are thinking of 'driving on land other than a road' both covered by the Road Traffic Act.
WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 12:04 - Oct 25 with 1372 viewsLeonWasGod

WARNING FOR SUNDAY'S GAME. on 18:21 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

They were out booking cars on double yellows, in the little industrial estate opposite the stadium, on Tuesday evening too.

That shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

This issue was when they went round painting double yellows everywhere a few years ago to force people into council car parks. It definitely increased congestion immediately around the ground.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024