Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread 13:42 - Oct 29 with 28341 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 11:33]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:38 - Nov 2 with 2564 viewssainthelens

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:32 - Nov 2 by pencoedjack

Indeed

You’d think they’d be at legoland not on a Swansea forum

He must be one of those transgender types, cant make his fckn mind up who to follow.
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:46 - Nov 2 with 2502 viewsGriffting

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:42 - Nov 2 by 34dfgdf54

See last week and that will answer your question.

What a win against a side who are quality at home.

Great post.

Great win against a team that had only lost once at home all season and were coming off the back of three home wins on the bounce against top half teams.
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:47 - Nov 2 with 2497 viewsBrynCartwright

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:25 - Nov 2 by theloneranger

Who needs Chopra when you've got Surridge?? 🤔😂

Sorry LR. Down voted by mistake on my little phone screen. I owe you one

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:49 - Nov 2 with 2477 viewsDr_Winston

When was the last time we made it into November unbeaten away? Has it ever happened before?

As iffy as we can be at home, that's impressive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Nov 2 with 2436 viewsBadlands

Great 3 points but we had to work far harder for it than we should have.
What has happened to Woodman? At the start of the season he was quick, decisive and took the ball in the air - saw none of that today (or of a while)
Midfield needs attention in January.
Byers, I thought was awful - sloppy and a bit lost.
Grimes, not much better athough he tacked well when covering for Bidwell.
Dyer - great last week but poor today.
Everyone else was decent and Wilmot worked his whatsits off. MOM for me.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:06 - Nov 2 with 2363 viewsSirjohnalot

Just got home. Blimey we were under the cosh second half. Not sure how we won that but will take it. Hope everyone has a safe journey home. Incredible support for so far away.
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 2 with 2256 viewsTimTtam

I only saw the second half, but when just the performance is looked at, we were horrible. We gave the ball away way too often and lacked any sort of creativity going forward. Our 'press' was terrible once again, and their press put us under pressure most times.

Our subs are too late. We needed a spark and it took until the 70th minute for our first sub to be made. And why are Peterson and Borja not getting any game time?

That all said, stealing 3 points away from home in stoppage time is massive. Last week we had the performance but not the result. This week we had the result but not the performance.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:34 - Nov 2 with 2247 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 2 by TimTtam

I only saw the second half, but when just the performance is looked at, we were horrible. We gave the ball away way too often and lacked any sort of creativity going forward. Our 'press' was terrible once again, and their press put us under pressure most times.

Our subs are too late. We needed a spark and it took until the 70th minute for our first sub to be made. And why are Peterson and Borja not getting any game time?

That all said, stealing 3 points away from home in stoppage time is massive. Last week we had the performance but not the result. This week we had the result but not the performance.

Or to put it more succinctly, we won.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:38 - Nov 2 with 2224 viewsUxbridge

We had some good spells I thought, more fluid and threatening up top than I've seen us for some time, without quite getting that killer pass away. Right track though. Both goals were well worked.

That's what I've been most impressed with this season, when we get a chance we're clinical, and that's a quality thing.

Defence deserves a lot of credit too, particularly from set pieces, one brain fart aside.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 2 with 2087 viewsmonmouth

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:31 - Nov 2 by TimTtam

Hmm. We played some decent stuff put in the second half we were a yard off with the passes. Still trying to do the right thing though. Like at Elland, I didn’t think we were really in danger no matter how mooch wide space we gave them and would have been surprised had they scored. Not as surprised as I was when we did mind, as I thought we’d stopped looking for it.

We also seem to have sorted how to beat the press which was nice, even though we then resorted to to many long balls under pressure. All in all, under the cosh For periods or not, I’m encouraged by the performance (the way we tried to play) and thrilled by the result.

We’re not going to dominate away games and our record speaks for itself. I’m far keener we look to solve the home form puzzle.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:55 - Nov 2 with 1915 viewsTimTtam

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 2 by monmouth

Hmm. We played some decent stuff put in the second half we were a yard off with the passes. Still trying to do the right thing though. Like at Elland, I didn’t think we were really in danger no matter how mooch wide space we gave them and would have been surprised had they scored. Not as surprised as I was when we did mind, as I thought we’d stopped looking for it.

We also seem to have sorted how to beat the press which was nice, even though we then resorted to to many long balls under pressure. All in all, under the cosh For periods or not, I’m encouraged by the performance (the way we tried to play) and thrilled by the result.

We’re not going to dominate away games and our record speaks for itself. I’m far keener we look to solve the home form puzzle.

Maybe I expect too much of us. Or maybe I don't rate Wigan.

I agree we had the right intentions. But we were a bit sloppy at times. There were some awful passes in midfield that set Wigan on the counter attack. I actually thought they looked good on the counter, and they could've scored at least 1 in the second half. Take Byers passing to green grass, which lead to a Wigan counter attack but a wonderful Wilmot intervention to save a shot at goal.

At the end of the day, I'll take the 3 points over a clean performance though.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Nov 2 with 1893 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:55 - Nov 2 by TimTtam

Maybe I expect too much of us. Or maybe I don't rate Wigan.

I agree we had the right intentions. But we were a bit sloppy at times. There were some awful passes in midfield that set Wigan on the counter attack. I actually thought they looked good on the counter, and they could've scored at least 1 in the second half. Take Byers passing to green grass, which lead to a Wigan counter attack but a wonderful Wilmot intervention to save a shot at goal.

At the end of the day, I'll take the 3 points over a clean performance though.

Byers needs time out of the starting eleven . Needs to show consistency, at the moment he’s a luxury player with no obvious luxurious benefits

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:06 - Nov 2 with 1871 viewslonglostjack

Sweet so sweet.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:39 - Nov 2 with 1770 viewsFireboy2

We didnt seem to work off the ball well today, every time we had the ball there was little movement, byers was a liability, we need an experienced centre midfielder who can read the game and get stuck in to take the pressure off grimes, ayew ran his socks off, chasing lost causes and winning headers he had no right to win, yes he isnt an out and out striker but this formation seems to work.

Our keeper, defence and attack are ok, its the centre midfield that needs sorting, if we can get that player we will go up.
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:45 - Nov 2 with 1752 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:02 - Nov 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Byers needs time out of the starting eleven . Needs to show consistency, at the moment he’s a luxury player with no obvious luxurious benefits

He showed some good stuff in 18/19, but hasn't progressed at all this year. Not entirely his fault though. Better players alongside him might give him a stronger platform to shine, but then again if we had better players in there he might not be getting games at all.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:24 - Nov 2 with 1631 viewsBadlands

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:45 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

He showed some good stuff in 18/19, but hasn't progressed at all this year. Not entirely his fault though. Better players alongside him might give him a stronger platform to shine, but then again if we had better players in there he might not be getting games at all.

True.
Alongside him is Grimes - another player who should have time out IMO - who is not experienced or good enough to bring Byers on.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:05 - Nov 2 with 1515 viewsgrabsplatter

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:24 - Nov 2 by Badlands

True.
Alongside him is Grimes - another player who should have time out IMO - who is not experienced or good enough to bring Byers on.

So who do you think should be playing in our central midfield?
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:07 - Nov 2 with 1509 viewsjojaca

Results are effective at the moment, but we have gone boring to watch.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 1483 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:05 - Nov 2 by grabsplatter

So who do you think should be playing in our central midfield?

We don't really have anyone else. If we did we'd be top by some distance IMO.

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 1398 viewslonglostjack

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:07 - Nov 2 by jojaca

Results are effective at the moment, but we have gone boring to watch.

We sat back in second half but boring to watch? Bollocks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:49 - Nov 2 with 1388 viewsmonmouth

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 2 by longlostjack

We sat back in second half but boring to watch? Bollocks.

Couldn't agree more. If nothing else they keep us on the edge of our seats!!

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 1380 viewsgrabsplatter

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:13 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

We don't really have anyone else. If we did we'd be top by some distance IMO.

Exactly what I thought
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 2 with 1346 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:52 - Nov 2 by grabsplatter

Exactly what I thought

We're 75% of a title winning side. If we're in the mix come January it's imperative that we bring in a midfielder or two and there's no telling how well we can do.

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 1333 viewsFireboy2

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

We're 75% of a title winning side. If we're in the mix come January it's imperative that we bring in a midfielder or two and there's no telling how well we can do.

Spot on Doc, just hope that the powers that be see it as well and act accordingly.
The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:08 - Nov 2 with 1330 viewsmonmouth

The Official Wigan Athletic vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

Cant believe we won't be in the mix then. 12 points from 8 games gives us 40 at halfway.

Villa were way back last year with no chance when Bony gifted them a win at the lib on NYD with a half arsed penalty.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024