Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is an interesting one 09:48 - Oct 30 with 1944 viewsDarran

‪A team deliberately missing a penalty to give the opposing team a goal‬ kick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is an interesting one on 10:34 - Oct 30 with 1858 views34dfgdf54

Wouldn't catch me doing that.

I've played a game where the fella on the other side handballed it in, our keeper who was a complete tank chased him around the pitch and made him tell the ref what he done, and he did. Couldn't believe it. His manager dragged him and rightly so.
This is an interesting one on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 1784 viewsNWSwans

Another example of this attached here, seems to be younger players. (Sh1t refereeing mind)

Can never see it being pulled into the win at all costs professional game though.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 11:25]
This is an interesting one on 11:50 - Oct 30 with 1727 viewsJinxy

So refreshing to read stories like this, when often we see youngsters copying the dark arts of so-called professional idols. Well done Llanelli Academy.
This is an interesting one on 12:10 - Oct 30 with 1697 viewsMrSwerve

Hasn't this happened quite a few times in professional football? I recall seeing it more than once on TV.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

This is an interesting one on 12:17 - Oct 30 with 1683 viewsTom1912

This is an interesting one on 12:10 - Oct 30 by MrSwerve

Hasn't this happened quite a few times in professional football? I recall seeing it more than once on TV.

Our previous assistant manager Morten Wieghorst did it.

From Wikipedia:

" In the game against Iran, an Iranian player mistook a whistle from the crowd as being the referee's half-time signal, and picked the ball up with his hands in the penalty area. The referee gave Denmark a penalty kick, but following consultation with national team coach Morten Olsen, Wieghorst missed the penalty on purpose as a token of fair play, and Denmark lost 1—0. The incident made CNN's "Play of the Day" of 2 February 2003,[10] and Wieghorst received an Olympic Committee fair play award"
This is an interesting one on 12:18 - Oct 30 with 1678 views34dfgdf54

This is an interesting one on 12:17 - Oct 30 by Tom1912

From Wikipedia:

" In the game against Iran, an Iranian player mistook a whistle from the crowd as being the referee's half-time signal, and picked the ball up with his hands in the penalty area. The referee gave Denmark a penalty kick, but following consultation with national team coach Morten Olsen, Wieghorst missed the penalty on purpose as a token of fair play, and Denmark lost 1—0. The incident made CNN's "Play of the Day" of 2 February 2003,[10] and Wieghorst received an Olympic Committee fair play award"

Things like that I have no problem with.

If the referee makes a bad decision though is a whole different ball game.
This is an interesting one on 12:24 - Oct 30 with 1670 viewspencoedjack

This is an interesting one on 12:17 - Oct 30 by Tom1912

From Wikipedia:

In fairness the Danes probably thought the Iranian guy would get stoned to death if they scored.
This is an interesting one on 13:08 - Oct 30 with 1547 viewsNeath_Jack

There was a penalty given last week, because one of the subs stopped the ball going out of play, before it actually crossed the line. No other players close so it was going out anyway. Penalty given and he was booked. Germany i think it was.

Better story than the OP.

Edit to add the link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7616559/Holstein-Kiel-substit
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 13:09]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

This is an interesting one on 15:46 - Oct 30 with 1405 viewsDarran

This is an interesting one on 13:08 - Oct 30 by Neath_Jack

There was a penalty given last week, because one of the subs stopped the ball going out of play, before it actually crossed the line. No other players close so it was going out anyway. Penalty given and he was booked. Germany i think it was.

Better story than the OP.

Edit to add the link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7616559/Holstein-Kiel-substit
[Post edited 30 Oct 2019 13:09]

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This is an interesting one on 18:07 - Oct 30 with 1246 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Similar situation - they appealed to the ref to overturn the call.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024