Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holiday Destination March Suggestions 20:25 - Nov 1 with 2193 viewsmajorraglan

I am looking for suggestions for a 7 to 10 day short-haul holiday for next March, was considering Malta or Cyprus but am open to alternative suggestions. I appreciate it won’t be really hot, but t shirt weather is fine. Don’t fancy the Canaries. I was wondering if the Planet Swans brothers and sisters could assist with some tidy suggestions. Thanks
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 20:36]
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 20:22 - Nov 2 with 1987 viewsPentyrchJack

Lagos in Portugal and stay in the Boa Vista Golf Resort (great even if you don't like or play golf). One hour drive from Faro and stunning. Lots of apartments and villas on Airbnb.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 20:30 - Nov 2 with 1981 viewsAndy1300

Paphos in Cyprus

Number 1 team in Wales

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 20:45 - Nov 2 with 1972 viewsBarryTownSwam

Alburfaire in Portugal. 30 mins drive from Faro. Plenty if decent 4 star hotels or apartments. Plenty to keep occupied. Cheap to eat/drink but plenty of top quality restaurants and bars. Is pubs on the beach marina area have live music every evening. An older relaxed crowd no youngsters no duckheads.
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 20:50 - Nov 2 with 1961 viewsjack2jack

One of the Italian lakes,lovely, you will not be disappointed.👍
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 21:08 - Nov 2 with 1947 viewsCooperman

My work time is currently split between Bologna and Bari and I recommend both. Therefore how about:
Heathrow to Bologna direct flights. BA go two or three times daily and will be cheap this far out.
Two or three nights in Bologna.
Train south to Bari which takes just over five hours. Return fare can be as low as €70.
A week in southern Italy.
Book your hotels yourself.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 23:55 - Nov 2 with 1853 viewslondonlisa2001

Sicily is worth considering. Beautiful place, lovely weather at that time (17 or 18 degrees and sunny) lots of history, sightseeing, beaches, loads of villas at good value, great food, easy flights, easy to drive round. Not as hot as Greece, of course, but depends what you want.
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 23:58 - Nov 2 with 1853 viewsexiledclaseboy

We’re off to Cape Verde in February. I know nothing about the place. I’m acting on instructions.

Poll: Tory leader

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 00:21 - Nov 3 with 1832 viewslifelong

Menorca is very nice.

Why not the Canaries? Superb climate, not too hot in March, in the low 20’s.
Login to get fewer ads

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 00:44 - Nov 3 with 1817 viewsWarwickHunt

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 21:08 - Nov 2 by Cooperman

My work time is currently split between Bologna and Bari and I recommend both. Therefore how about:
Heathrow to Bologna direct flights. BA go two or three times daily and will be cheap this far out.
Two or three nights in Bologna.
Train south to Bari which takes just over five hours. Return fare can be as low as €70.
A week in southern Italy.
Book your hotels yourself.

Bologna and Bari? Lucky bugger! You get paid too? 👍🇮🇪

Bologna is one of my favourite cities and Puglia is wonderful. If you go to Bari, do check out the old town which is often overlooked in the tourist guides. Italian trains are excellent and ridiculously cheap.

Agree with Lisa too - Sicily is fabulous and March is a good time if you want to travel around. Just got back from there and planning our next trip already.

Southern Italian/Sicilian hospitality is hard to beat. Lovely people and the food and wine is to die for.
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 08:23 - Nov 3 with 1743 viewsstevethejack

Marrakesh - flew easyjet from Manchester for 5 days. Enough there to keep you amused.
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 10:04 - Nov 3 with 1689 viewsmarchamjack

Cape Verde. Went there Easter this year. Weather great (much hotter than Canaries) and not too far. Went whale watching (hump back whales breeding season March/ April) and saw loads of them right up close. Absolutely amazing experience.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 14:16 - Nov 3 with 1633 viewscontroversial_jack

Try Egypt, Hurghada for the weather.You need to fly 4 hours to be certain of decent sunbathing weather.I believe Sharm el Sheikh is opening back up again for flights from the UK. I wouldn't bother with the Med in march as it's not really warmed up by then
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 14:24 - Nov 3 with 1628 viewsMrSwerve

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 00:44 - Nov 3 by WarwickHunt

Bologna and Bari? Lucky bugger! You get paid too? 👍🇮🇪

Bologna is one of my favourite cities and Puglia is wonderful. If you go to Bari, do check out the old town which is often overlooked in the tourist guides. Italian trains are excellent and ridiculously cheap.

Agree with Lisa too - Sicily is fabulous and March is a good time if you want to travel around. Just got back from there and planning our next trip already.

Southern Italian/Sicilian hospitality is hard to beat. Lovely people and the food and wine is to die for.

My mother's family are from a town not too far from Bari (close to Ostuni) and we're lucky enough to own a holiday home there. There are some absolute gems in Puglia. Otranto on the tip of the 'heel' is my particular favourite. Locorotondo another gem. Ostuni, Monopoli and Brindisi are slightly bigger and a bit more 'touristy', but lovely places with stunning, 'proper' Italian food and wine.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 14:30 - Nov 3 with 1619 viewsscruffyjack

Protaras in Cyprus, try the Sunrise Pearl hotel, stayed there three times, best food I’ve ever had on holiday.
Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 14:45 - Nov 3 with 1602 viewsdickythorpe

Holiday Destination March Suggestions on 23:58 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

We’re off to Cape Verde in February. I know nothing about the place. I’m acting on instructions.

My sister and her other half went there 2 years ago. "No stress" is the local saying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024