Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eddie Jones 10:50 - Nov 2 with 11597 viewsowainglyndwr

After his comments to Gatlan
Who's laughing now
Eddie Jones on 18:25 - Nov 3 with 1220 viewsperplex

Eddie Jones on 20:20 - Nov 2 by Fireboy2

You are living upto your username arent you🤔

Well I,m not surprised your perplexed, your argument on this thread is devoid of logic due to bias and envy towards the English.
Eddie Jones on 18:31 - Nov 3 with 1194 viewsperplex

Most on here are overjoyed because a comment by Jones to Garland backfired but at the end of the day which one have won and reached finals of the world cup. .
Eddie Jones on 18:43 - Nov 3 with 1174 viewsFireboy2

Eddie Jones on 18:25 - Nov 3 by perplex

Well I,m not surprised your perplexed, your argument on this thread is devoid of logic due to bias and envy towards the English.

Read my reply to pozelo dumbfounded one, then you will realise i know what im talking about and you are incorrect, im not envious of the english raa raa, i absolutely hate them and not because im Welsh.
Eddie Jones on 18:50 - Nov 3 with 1152 viewsmonmouth

Eddie Jones on 18:31 - Nov 3 by perplex

Most on here are overjoyed because a comment by Jones to Garland backfired but at the end of the day which one have won and reached finals of the world cup. .

Both teams lost one match that counted to the same team. Gatland's comment was about getting yourself up mentally like that two weeks in a row. And he was absolutely correct. England couldn't do it because they played like it was their final last week, and then reverted to type. Yesterday was 100% a 'normal' England performance under Jones. If they can't win the gainline they have no other ideas. Wales are equally one dimensional but in a different way.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 18:57]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Eddie Jones on 18:53 - Nov 3 with 1146 viewsNeath_Jack

Eddie Jones on 23:47 - Nov 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Neath and Tennant?

No chance, we would have smashed them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Eddie Jones on 18:55 - Nov 3 with 1138 viewsdickythorpe

Eddie Jones on 18:31 - Nov 3 by perplex

Childish and irrelevant.
Eddie Jones on 19:50 - Nov 3 with 1102 viewsmajorraglan

Eddie Jones on 19:38 - Nov 2 by perplex

So the English have a better league set up, that must be the reason why we can not even reach finals, so best not mention why the Irish and French teams have often won the European cup yet we struggle to reach a final there as well let alone win it, all I see are envious Welsh fans slagging off the English yet supporting Englsh football teams rather than there own , as I say nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who dress up as Daffodils and come out of the woodwork on international days yet offer no support what so ever to there club teams.

England do have a much better league system than Wales, their clubs also enjoy significantly larger playing budgets. The extra cash enables then to employ the best coaches, recruit the best players which drives up the standards even further. On top of that they have 12 teams in the league of which a good half a dozen are better than anything we have. They have also recruited players from the Southern Hemisphere (far more than we have) to bolster their home grown talent. Young players with potential in England get the best of everything, they are packed off to private schools where they get an opportunity to develop in establishments where they have some of the best facilities in the Country.

I fear for the future of the game in Wales. The regions are underperforming, the Premiership which is where the youngsters should be cutting their teeth is under resourced and doesn’t get the publicity it needs to thrive and at local level the club game is contracting significantly. I speak as someone who frequents Welsh Club rugby matches as and when I can.

In terms of supporting English teams you are right, lots of Welsh people support the Liverpools and Man U’s of the world, personally I can’t abide the big teams. I have done my best to steer my kids towards the Swans and fingers crossed that’s the way it will be, but I would rather see my kids support Cardiff than Man U and the like.
Eddie Jones on 19:55 - Nov 3 with 1094 viewsDarran

Eddie Jones on 19:50 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

England do have a much better league system than Wales, their clubs also enjoy significantly larger playing budgets. The extra cash enables then to employ the best coaches, recruit the best players which drives up the standards even further. On top of that they have 12 teams in the league of which a good half a dozen are better than anything we have. They have also recruited players from the Southern Hemisphere (far more than we have) to bolster their home grown talent. Young players with potential in England get the best of everything, they are packed off to private schools where they get an opportunity to develop in establishments where they have some of the best facilities in the Country.

I fear for the future of the game in Wales. The regions are underperforming, the Premiership which is where the youngsters should be cutting their teeth is under resourced and doesn’t get the publicity it needs to thrive and at local level the club game is contracting significantly. I speak as someone who frequents Welsh Club rugby matches as and when I can.

In terms of supporting English teams you are right, lots of Welsh people support the Liverpools and Man U’s of the world, personally I can’t abide the big teams. I have done my best to steer my kids towards the Swans and fingers crossed that’s the way it will be, but I would rather see my kids support Cardiff than Man U and the like.

Rugby Union is the most unprofessional sport in the world.

The Ospreys actually played a game last night with the majority of their players in Japan.

I’ve never heard of such utter nonsense.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Eddie Jones on 20:22 - Nov 3 with 1073 viewsbuilthjack

Eddie Jones on 19:55 - Nov 3 by Darran

The Ospreys actually played a game last night with the majority of their players in Japan.

They then wonder why they get 2000 crowds for those games

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Eddie Jones on 20:31 - Nov 3 with 1064 viewsmonmouth

Eddie Jones on 19:50 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

I don't believe the game has a long term future in Wales, for many reasons. That makes me sad, as I'm one that believes football and rugby can happily coexist.

Eddie Jones on 20:33 - Nov 3 with 1060 viewsladyjack

Eddie Jones on 20:22 - Nov 3 by builthjack

They then wonder why they get 2000 crowds for those games

Its Neath-Swansea playing in black and white in Swansea, why should Aberavon, Glynneath, Seven Sisters etc etc supporters go and support a Neath-Swansea team ?
If it was a proper region then fine, say a team called West Glam for example.
Eddie Jones on 20:35 - Nov 3 with 1051 viewsmonmouth

Eddie Jones on 20:33 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

Its Neath-Swansea playing in black and white in Swansea, why should Aberavon, Glynneath, Seven Sisters etc etc supporters go and support a Neath-Swansea team ?

Yeah, that'll be it. NO ONE would watch that. Neath supporters won't even watch a team playing in Swansea FFS.

Eddie Jones on 20:46 - Nov 3 with 1034 viewsladyjack

The joking regions are either stand alone super clubs or a mix of two super clubs with the rest of Welsh rugby fans disenfranchised, it was mad to have Neath-Swansea this, Cardiff that and Newport the other and all playing in their club colours and nearly always exclusively playing in their club venues, if they had had proper bona fide real regions then the crowds would have been so much better and Welsh rugby would have been so much better off.
Eddie Jones on 20:54 - Nov 3 with 1030 viewsFireboy2

I might get a few pelters for this but we should have gone and joined the english system when we had the chance, playing a higher standard against better teams consistently.

The only way would have been up plus we should do away with penalizing players who go abroad to play and dont have 60 caps, what aload of bollox.
Eddie Jones on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 1017 viewsdickythorpe

Swansea, Llanelli , Neath and Cardiff always raised their game against the Baths, Wasps, Harlequins , Gloucesters and Leicesters.
I'd love to see a return to club set up but it would have to be in a British / Irish league .

However the English clubs don't want it as their set up ain't broke and rakes in serious money.
Eddie Jones on 21:01 - Nov 3 with 1003 viewsFireboy2

Eddie Jones on 20:58 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

Swansea, Llanelli , Neath and Cardiff always raised their game against the Baths, Wasps, Harlequins , Gloucesters and Leicesters.
I'd love to see a return to club set up but it would have to be in a British / Irish league .

However the English clubs don't want it as their set up ain't broke and rakes in serious money.

Yep and we should be part of it dicky.
Eddie Jones on 21:05 - Nov 3 with 998 viewsmonmouth

Eddie Jones on 20:54 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

I might get a few pelters for this but we should have gone and joined the english system when we had the chance, playing a higher standard against better teams consistently.

The only way would have been up plus we should do away with penalizing players who go abroad to play and dont have 60 caps, what aload of bollox.

Agree 100%. We were offered 5 places after Swansea and Cardiff's rebel season and the W^nk Rugby Union turned them down. A brit league is the only thing that can probably save Welsh and Scottish, and possibly Irish rugby now. But the English have absolutely no incentive to make it happen.

Imagine Bath vs Swansea, or Newport vs Gloucester, or Cardiff vs Bristol again. Travelling support and a real edge. No one in Wales gives a shit about playing Leinster or Glasgow.

Eddie Jones on 21:13 - Nov 3 with 986 viewsmajorraglan

Eddie Jones on 20:33 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

I believe that quite a few clubs felt disenfranchised from their regional “Big Brothers” when the WRU set the regions up which has resulted in some fans feeling alienated, look at Pontypridd after the demise of the Celtic Warriors.
Eddie Jones on 21:24 - Nov 3 with 972 viewssherpajacob

Eddie Jones on 18:50 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Both teams lost one match that counted to the same team. Gatland's comment was about getting yourself up mentally like that two weeks in a row. And he was absolutely correct. England couldn't do it because they played like it was their final last week, and then reverted to type. Yesterday was 100% a 'normal' England performance under Jones. If they can't win the gainline they have no other ideas. Wales are equally one dimensional but in a different way.

England's performance in the final reminded me somewhat of their match in Cardiff this year, when having beaten Ireland comfortably and arriving as favourites, they were completely turned over. This of course happened twice this year.

Also the times England have gone into the final game of the 6N just needing to rock up to win the GS/title and losing as they did in 99, 2000, 2001, 2011, 2013 and 2017.

So it must be said their failure on Saturday was entirely in character.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Eddie Jones on 18:50 - Nov 4 with 826 viewsperplex

Eddie Jones on 18:43 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Read my reply to pozelo dumbfounded one, then you will realise i know what im talking about and you are incorrect, im not envious of the english raa raa, i absolutely hate them and not because im Welsh.

You can make all the excuses you like your envious because English Rugby is better supported and there club teams are more successful in Europe and England are more successful on the world stage, so just accept these facts and move on there,s a good chap.
Eddie Jones on 18:53 - Nov 4 with 817 viewsperplex

Eddie Jones on 18:50 - Nov 3 by monmouth

One team has won a world cup and reached three finals the other fails every time to even reach a final end of debate. .
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 18:57]
Eddie Jones on 19:04 - Nov 4 with 803 viewsLeonWasGod

Eddie Jones on 19:55 - Nov 3 by Darran

‘kin ‘ell, they must have huge kicks on them
Eddie Jones on 19:09 - Nov 4 with 785 viewslonglostjack

Eddie Jones on 18:53 - Nov 4 by perplex

One team has won a world cup and reached three finals the other fails every time to even reach a final end of debate. .
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 18:57]

And you wonder why everyone else loves to see you flop? ? It’s not envy. It’s that unbridled modesty that you are always so keen to put on display

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Eddie Jones on 19:19 - Nov 4 with 764 viewsPozuelosSideys

Eddie Jones on 20:11 - Nov 2 by Fireboy2

They are not excuses and im not defeatist, far far from in fact, i hated losing when i played and i hate to see us lose but im a realist because ive a good idea on how rugby works, i know when we are playing a better side than us, more often than not we raise ourselves especially against england, we just DONT have the strength in depth, it isnt an excuse its reality and when we get injuries the replacements arent upto the standards that england and new zealand have in abundance.

Imo we would have lost v england because sanjay, halfpenny, north, wainwright and francis wouldnt have played and their replacements are nowhere near upto their standards.

Ah i agree with you on the strength in depth thing. The negative mindset and excuses points werent aimed at you really, but as a Nation, the Welsh really seem to be more comfortable in that sort of underdog, pessimistic state of mind. Thats fine if youre trying to circle the wagons and turn something around, or maybe providing some sort of short term success. But its terrible for long term consistency. At least in rugby, Gatland has laid an excellent foundation, but do we have the nouse and big thinkers in key senior positions to take it on to the next level and continue delivering success? Time will tell. Coleman did exactly the same in football, look whats happening there..

Same in politics. Its all very passive and/or small time. I disagree with the likes of Trampie and Kilkenny on virtually all of their mental Nationalistic views, but at least they are thinking big with it and their views are of a positive future. Unfortunately Wales as a nation just goes around in circles and blame others (ie the English) for anything and everything instead of getting up and going out to get what they want and to change their lot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 19:21]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Eddie Jones on 20:12 - Nov 4 with 735 viewsFireboy2

Eddie Jones on 19:19 - Nov 4 by PozuelosSideys

Ah i agree with you on the strength in depth thing. The negative mindset and excuses points werent aimed at you really, but as a Nation, the Welsh really seem to be more comfortable in that sort of underdog, pessimistic state of mind. Thats fine if youre trying to circle the wagons and turn something around, or maybe providing some sort of short term success. But its terrible for long term consistency. At least in rugby, Gatland has laid an excellent foundation, but do we have the nouse and big thinkers in key senior positions to take it on to the next level and continue delivering success? Time will tell. Coleman did exactly the same in football, look whats happening there..

Same in politics. Its all very passive and/or small time. I disagree with the likes of Trampie and Kilkenny on virtually all of their mental Nationalistic views, but at least they are thinking big with it and their views are of a positive future. Unfortunately Wales as a nation just goes around in circles and blame others (ie the English) for anything and everything instead of getting up and going out to get what they want and to change their lot.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2019 19:21]

I really think that over the last few years of gatlands tenure the players especially have lost that pessimism and i think most of the fans have, we know we can beat all the other six nations teams regularly and give the 3 big southern hemisphere teams games.

Just hope that pivac can take us a little further but as ive said we will always struggle in world cups due to what ive already mentioned, strength in depth and ive no idea on how we can change that, one way is to do away with the 60 cap rule for players playing out of wales.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024