Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gay Poppies this year then 12:37 - Nov 2 with 11171 viewsDarran

How wánky is this?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 961 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:37 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

It's red for a reason let's have it right, and it's about respect for those who laid down their lives, why change it, why. And yes I've got one with the swans crest on it, but guess what the poppy is red, as it should be. 👍

Did the fallen lay down their lives for you to wear a poppy with your football club on it? Proper disrespectful. For shame.

Poll: Tory leader

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 960 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:33 - Nov 2 by dickythorpe

There was a poppy racist thread 5/6 years ago

Edit Facist not racist
[Post edited 2 Nov 2019 19:46]

We have one every year. It’s a Prosser tradition. He’s branches out this year.

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:46 - Nov 2 with 948 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:42 - Nov 2 by exiledclaseboy

Did the fallen lay down their lives for you to wear a poppy with your football club on it? Proper disrespectful. For shame.

Now your just being obtuse.😀
(Goes down shed for a hacksaw)
Gay Poppies this year then on 19:46 - Nov 2 with 944 viewsNeath_Jack

It's red for a reason let's have it right, and it's about respect for those who laid down their lives, why change it, why. And yes I've got one with the swans crest on it, but guess what the poppy is red, as it should be. 👍

Ok, lets have it right then...

Are people only allowed to show their respect by wearing a red poppy?

The wearing of the poppy has been hijacked by all sorts of people and groups these days, same as most other things. All in aid of trying to show they respect remembrance day more than the next man. Take wearing the poppy on jerseys this weekend. Why? It's not remembrance day today, it's not even this weekend.

Why can't people just be happy knowing that they are showing respect themselves, without trying to point score or outdo the next person.

Every year its the same. Just waiting for the gnashing of teeth about a tv presenter not wearing one, or some facebook rumour that such and such a shop (obviously a pesky Muslim one), has refused to serve anyone wearing a poppy.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:47 - Nov 2 with 944 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:11 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

I'll tell you what the red poppy stands for. It stands for Remembrance for those fallen in past wars, and the hope for a peaceful future for all. It's highly symbolic, especially at this time of year, when we take time out to remember those who gave their lives sometimes unjustly. But now we have a rainbow poppy. Created by the look at me i'm gay brigade. LGBT people wish to be treated the same as everyone else, and rightfully so, but they also can't resist every opportunity to display the fact that they are 'different' from the rest of us.

A red poppy represents all who have fought and those who have fallen, regardless of sexuality or sexual preferences.

“LGBT people wish to be treated the same as everyone else, and rightfully so, but they also can't resist every opportunity to display the fact that they are 'different' from the rest of us. ”

The rainbow poppy isn’t designed to be worn by gay people ffs. It’s designed to recognise the contribution of those that fought in the wars, came back, and rather than being thanked and lauded were imprisoned or castrated due to their sexuality.

You say ‘regardless of sexual preference’ but that wasn’t the case was it when they went to war.

If you don’t like it, don’t wear it. Same as a white poppy. Or a black poppy. Or a purple poppy.
Gay Poppies this year then on 19:48 - Nov 2 with 939 viewsdickythorpe

That footballer won't wear a poppy, he's always worth a 3 pager
Gay Poppies this year then on 19:50 - Nov 2 with 933 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:46 - Nov 2 by Neath_Jack

The wearing of the poppy has been hijacked by all sorts of people and groups these days, same as most other things. All in aid of trying to show they respect remembrance day more than the next man. Take wearing the poppy on jerseys this weekend. Why? It's not remembrance day today, it's not even this weekend.

Why can't people just be happy knowing that they are showing respect themselves, without trying to point score or outdo the next person.

Every year its the same. Just waiting for the gnashing of teeth about a tv presenter not wearing one, or some facebook rumour that such and such a shop (obviously a pesky Muslim one), has refused to serve anyone wearing a poppy.

Fecking right. Same nonsense every year.

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:53 - Nov 2 with 920 viewsjack2jack

Respect your opinion, just saying it should be red, that's all 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:06 - Nov 2 with 890 viewsHumpty

It hasn't been changed. Red poppies are still available.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:06 - Nov 2 with 889 viewsJackSomething

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:53 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

Respect your opinion, just saying it should be red, that's all 👍

So putting a football club crest on the poppy is acceptable, yet changing the colour is not? It seems a rather arbitrary line in the sand.

I imagine most soldiers who gave their lives for this country would be bemused that people are getting wound up over something so trivial.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:09 - Nov 2 with 881 viewsHumpty

Won't be long before the Christmas has been banned so as not to upset the muslims posts begin.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:10 - Nov 2 with 879 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 19:47 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

“LGBT people wish to be treated the same as everyone else, and rightfully so, but they also can't resist every opportunity to display the fact that they are 'different' from the rest of us. ”

The rainbow poppy isn’t designed to be worn by gay people ffs. It’s designed to recognise the contribution of those that fought in the wars, came back, and rather than being thanked and lauded were imprisoned or castrated due to their sexuality.

You say ‘regardless of sexual preference’ but that wasn’t the case was it when they went to war.

If you don’t like it, don’t wear it. Same as a white poppy. Or a black poppy. Or a purple poppy.

Don't be silly Lisa, i wasn't born yesterday.
There are far better ways to go about that situation as you should well know, lobbying parliament to issue an apology to those who had to endure such horrific experiences would hold far more weight than introducing a rainbow poppy.
This is totally about 'i am gay, look at my rainbow poppy'! Nothing else.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:11 - Nov 2 with 873 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:06 - Nov 2 by Humpty

It hasn't been changed. Red poppies are still available.

I know Hump, I'm just saying they should be red that's all, blimey it's not rocket science.👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:14 - Nov 2 with 862 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:06 - Nov 2 by JackSomething

So putting a football club crest on the poppy is acceptable, yet changing the colour is not? It seems a rather arbitrary line in the sand.

I imagine most soldiers who gave their lives for this country would be bemused that people are getting wound up over something so trivial.

It's red for a reason,to why change it?
Yes I've gotta a swans crest welded to mine, but the poppy is RED.👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:17 - Nov 2 with 846 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:14 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

It's red for a reason,to why change it?
Yes I've gotta a swans crest welded to mine, but the poppy is RED.👍

Once again, it hasn't been changed. Red poppies are still available.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:18 - Nov 2 with 843 viewsAndy1300

Don’t see a problem myself

Number 1 team in Wales

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:20 - Nov 2 with 839 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:10 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

Don't be silly Lisa, i wasn't born yesterday.
There are far better ways to go about that situation as you should well know, lobbying parliament to issue an apology to those who had to endure such horrific experiences would hold far more weight than introducing a rainbow poppy.
This is totally about 'i am gay, look at my rainbow poppy'! Nothing else.

No, it’s not.

To be honest, I think I believe the person who started it rather than you when it comes to what it represents.

I wear a red poppy every year but last year I also bought a purple poppy for my dog. It’s not disrespectful in the slightest. I’m fed up of the whole ‘look at me with the ‘correct’ poppy’ from people that every year bring last year’s poppy out of the drawer to put it on without giving any money. If you don’t like it, don’t wear it. If people remember those that have fallen and been in conflicts and donate money they can wear whatever poppy they bloody want.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:22 - Nov 2 with 828 viewsLeonWasGod

^^^guess who’s only got a little poppy

Spot on Neathie. It’s a time for remembrance; personally I think that’s best done through quiet reflection, rather getting one over the neighbours. Each to their own though. If people raise money for veterans, great. If people genuinely use the time to consider the futility of war, even better. But getting the hump because someone marks the occasion differently is plain daft and as shallow as feck.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:23 - Nov 2 with 826 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:17 - Nov 2 by Humpty

Yes I know Hump, I've got one welded to my Swansea Crest.
There you go, I'll carry on with my old fashioned respect for tradition and for what it stands for, if others want to do different, good for them, just not for me thanks.👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:24 - Nov 2 with 822 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:17 - Nov 2 by Humpty

And a red poppy should be worn in remembrance. Just like it always has been.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:25 - Nov 2 with 816 viewsHumpty

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:24 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

Of course. Don't worry, you still can.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:29 - Nov 2 with 800 viewsLohengrin

November 1976 I was stood near the war memorial wearing my Great-Grandfather’s medals on my left breast as Mr Watkins the Passchendaele veteran next door winked at me as he marched past.

That’s the Poppy, that’s remembrance.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:31 - Nov 2 with 795 viewsjack2jack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:24 - Nov 2 by Garyjack

Mate we're dinosaurs from a bygone era, when folk had respect.👍
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:34 - Nov 2 with 781 viewslondonlisa2001

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:31 - Nov 2 by jack2jack

Mate we're dinosaurs from a bygone era, when folk had respect.👍

They didn’t produce poppies affixed to a Swans badge in a bygone era. But that’s fine. As it’s not what is important.

Respect is innate and sincere, not outward displays to show others you care.
Gay Poppies this year then on 20:35 - Nov 2 with 779 viewsGaryjack

Gay Poppies this year then on 20:20 - Nov 2 by londonlisa2001

No, it’s not.

To be honest, I think I believe the person who started it rather than you when it comes to what it represents.

I wear a red poppy every year but last year I also bought a purple poppy for my dog. It’s not disrespectful in the slightest. I’m fed up of the whole ‘look at me with the ‘correct’ poppy’ from people that every year bring last year’s poppy out of the drawer to put it on without giving any money. If you don’t like it, don’t wear it. If people remember those that have fallen and been in conflicts and donate money they can wear whatever poppy they bloody want.

Aww you bought a purple poppy for your dog, that's a wonderful story! The rest of course is your usual political correct leftist claptrap!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024