Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smash and grab 16:36 - Nov 2 with 2913 viewsGeoffThom

Great today ,makes a real change for us to do a smash and grab
They caused us a lot of problems in the air
Smash and grab on 17:03 - Nov 2 with 2322 viewsFireboy2

They played very well but didnt create many real chances whilst we pussy footed around as per.

We are short of a real hard working strong midfielder, our goalkeeper, defence and attack are great but midfield is our problem, we sort that out in january and we go up.
Smash and grab on 20:55 - Nov 2 with 2039 viewslonglostjack

Smash and grab on 17:03 - Nov 2 by Fireboy2

They played very well but didnt create many real chances whilst we pussy footed around as per.

We are short of a real hard working strong midfielder, our goalkeeper, defence and attack are great but midfield is our problem, we sort that out in january and we go up.

Thought they created a fair few chances. Thank God they didn’t take any.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Smash and grab on 20:58 - Nov 2 with 2022 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 20:55 - Nov 2 by longlostjack

They didnt take any because we defended well ie put quite a few blocks in especially in or near to our box thats why they had so many corners.

Yes we didnt play well but we won against a team who had only lost once at home this season.

Imo it bodes well.
Smash and grab on 21:00 - Nov 2 with 2016 viewsmonmouth

Smash and grab on 20:55 - Nov 2 by longlostjack

That time when Moore was through and 5 yards ahead of Wilmot I thought we'dhad it. Then I realised how slow he was. Made Routs look like Usain Bolt.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Smash and grab on 21:01 - Nov 2 with 2011 viewsBadlands

Too many pundits (and fans) forget that defending is part of the game of football ... it's why we have defenders and goalkeepers.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Smash and grab on 21:04 - Nov 2 with 1992 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 21:01 - Nov 2 by Badlands

Too many pundits (and fans) forget that defending is part of the game of football ... it's why we have defenders and goalkeepers.

Yep fans dont really watch how we defend only how we attack.

Thought vdh and especially wilmot were brilliant today.
Smash and grab on 22:54 - Nov 2 with 1852 viewsdobjack2

They dominated the middle of park as the game went on. Thought that we should have swapped Fulton for Byers when Roberts came on.

Like every fan though what do I really know.
Smash and grab on 15:30 - Nov 3 with 1581 viewsthornabyswan

Smash and grab on 22:54 - Nov 2 by dobjack2

They dominated the middle of park as the game went on. Thought that we should have swapped Fulton for Byers when Roberts came on.

Our midfield is the obvious weakness.

All very well passing teams off the park but we get bullied out of to many games.

Thats what happened yesterday but we got lucky

We need a midfielder with some strength sort that out and we have a great chance of going up.

In the meantime I would put Ayew in the middle and Borja or Surridge up top.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 15:40]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Smash and grab on 15:30 - Nov 3 with 1580 viewsNortbankboy

Smash and grab on 22:54 - Nov 2 by dobjack2

I would sell Roden and Conner Roberts and buy Joe Allen or Ryan woods
Smash and grab on 16:08 - Nov 3 with 1509 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 15:30 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

Our midfield is the obvious weakness.

All very well passing teams off the park but we get bullied out of to many games.

Thats what happened yesterday but we got lucky

We need a midfielder with some strength sort that out and we have a great chance of going up.

In the meantime I would put Ayew in the middle and Borja or Surridge up top.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 15:40]

We didnt get kucky at all, yes the last 20 they played very well but they didnt have one clear cut chance, our defence did whst they get paid for, to defend, they blocked, harried and got to nesrly every second ball in or near our box.

I agree with you though, we do pass the ball well in midfield but we also get bullied by most sides when we dont have the ball, we definitely need a strong DCM.
Smash and grab on 16:12 - Nov 3 with 1502 viewsmonmouth

Smash and grab on 15:30 - Nov 3 by Nortbankboy

That'll play well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Smash and grab on 16:24 - Nov 3 with 1482 viewssainthelens

Smash and grab on 15:30 - Nov 3 by Nortbankboy

Said only for attention seeking purposes.
Smash and grab on 16:28 - Nov 3 with 1470 viewsthornabyswan

Smash and grab on 16:08 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

We didnt get kucky at all, yes the last 20 they played very well but they didnt have one clear cut chance, our defence did whst they get paid for, to defend, they blocked, harried and got to nesrly every second ball in or near our box.

I agree with you though, we do pass the ball well in midfield but we also get bullied by most sides when we dont have the ball, we definitely need a strong DCM.

If you were a Wigan fan you would feel very unlucky to lose the game.

Yes we defended well but you cant expect the defence to bail out the midfield like they did yesterday.

2 attempts on target scored 2 even the most biased Jack on the planet would think we were fortunate to come away with 3 points.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Smash and grab on 16:45 - Nov 3 with 1446 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 16:28 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

Yes we defended well but you cant expect the defence to bail out the midfield like they did yesterday.

2 attempts on target scored 2 even the most biased Jack on the planet would think we were fortunate to come away with 3 points.

I agree, we definitely didnt deserve the 3 pts, a draw was the fair result, yes we cant expect the defence to constantly bail us out time after time thats why we need an experienced defensive midfielder to help grimes, byers and fulton out.

Cant complain with two goals out of two on target, stats like that are what promotion candidates are made out of.
Smash and grab on 17:11 - Nov 3 with 1410 viewsNortbankboy

Smash and grab on 16:24 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

Said only for attention seeking purposes.

We have not missed them the last two games.
And it will strengthen the middle of the park
Smash and grab on 17:38 - Nov 3 with 1383 viewssainthelens

Smash and grab on 17:11 - Nov 3 by Nortbankboy

We have not missed them the last two games.
And it will strengthen the middle of the park

Roberts came on and changed the game, Rodon is currently Wales no.1 centre half.
Yep, what's not too like eh.
Smash and grab on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 1376 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 17:38 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

Roberts came on and changed the game, Rodon is currently Wales no.1 centre half.
Yep, what's not too like eh.

Yes roberts provided the cross for the winning goal but he didnt change the game, in fact we went more defensive which resulted in them having a good patch when they tested us.
Smash and grab on 17:46 - Nov 3 with 1366 viewssainthelens

Smash and grab on 17:41 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Yes roberts provided the cross for the winning goal but he didnt change the game, in fact we went more defensive which resulted in them having a good patch when they tested us.

Sorry pal, if he comes on and provides the cross that wins the game, he's actually changed the game.
Smash and grab on 18:17 - Nov 3 with 1331 viewsCooperman

Smash and grab on 17:46 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

Sorry pal, if he comes on and provides the cross that wins the game, he's actually changed the game.

You’re both correct in this case.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Smash and grab on 18:51 - Nov 3 with 1283 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 17:46 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

He didnt change the game, he provided the cross for the header that won the game, apart from that he didnt do anything good attacking wise in fact it was obvious to see cooper went all potter by bringing roberts onto the right wing for of dyer then fulton on for celina, granted he put surridge on
Smash and grab on 19:02 - Nov 3 with 1277 viewssainthelens

Smash and grab on 18:51 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

He didnt change the game, he provided the cross for the header that won the game, apart from that he didnt do anything good attacking wise in fact it was obvious to see cooper went all potter by bringing roberts onto the right wing for of dyer then fulton on for celina, granted he put surridge on

We'll agree to disagree buddy.
Smash and grab on 20:26 - Nov 3 with 1236 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 19:02 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

We'll agree to disagree buddy.

No we bloody well wont

Oh go on then
Smash and grab on 20:39 - Nov 3 with 1213 viewssainthelens

Smash and grab on 20:26 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

No we bloody well wont

Oh go on then

We both chuft we won....so fck it.
Smash and grab on 20:41 - Nov 3 with 1211 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Smash and grab on 16:28 - Nov 3 by thornabyswan

Their penalty was b*llocks though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Smash and grab on 20:45 - Nov 3 with 1207 viewsFireboy2

Smash and grab on 20:39 - Nov 3 by sainthelens

We both chuft we won....so fck it.

Just a bit, atm im having to walk using one of my father in laws crutches but i was on my feet for about 15 seconds going booloo after surridge scored.

I bloody paid for it later though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024