Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja 03:24 - Nov 3 with 5070 viewsTimTtam

What's going on? Is he carrying a hidden injury? Surely he needs to be getting game time, even as a sub if necessary.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Borja on 09:53 - Nov 3 with 1483 viewsFireboy2

Borja on 09:39 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

The same fans who decided en masse that Tammy Abraham was rubbish.

Seems pretty obvious to me that Baston's dropped out of the side for tactical reasons. Ayew's style suits the pattern of play Cooper chose for the Cardiff game and we're sticking to it for the moment.

Spot on Doc.

As ive said at least we have baston waiting in the wings, im happy with what cooper is doing and hope hes had a word with borja to explain why he's not playing him.
Borja on 10:25 - Nov 3 with 1414 viewsdickythorpe

Borja is a carthorse. Surridge is a workman.
Borja on 10:33 - Nov 3 with 1400 viewsTailGunner

Borja on 10:25 - Nov 3 by dickythorpe

Borja is a carthorse. Surridge is a workman.

Wouldn't say he's a carthorse but Surridge is the firm player at present and is getting selected on form which is how it should be.
Borja on 10:50 - Nov 3 with 1372 viewsFireboy2

Borja on 10:33 - Nov 3 by TailGunner

Wouldn't say he's a carthorse but Surridge is the firm player at present and is getting selected on form which is how it should be.

Agreed borja isnt a carthorse whilst surridge isnt a firm player and imo borja wasnt doing anything wrong before he was dropped.

Ive been told that surridge is being picked because hes a good defensive header of the ball.

Shocking.
Borja on 10:53 - Nov 3 with 1364 viewsTailGunner

Borja on 10:50 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Agreed borja isnt a carthorse whilst surridge isnt a firm player and imo borja wasnt doing anything wrong before he was dropped.

Ive been told that surridge is being picked because hes a good defensive header of the ball.

Shocking.

Well he was massive defensively when he came on a d securing what looked to be a point.....and then...
Borja on 11:03 - Nov 3 with 1345 viewsDr_Winston

Shocking.

There's probably an element of truth to that. Seems like Surridge is being used almost as a pressure release valve. An aerially strong player that we can target late on in games to give us chance to get out of our own lines.

By going a bit wider and targeting fullbacks rather than central defenders it increases the chances of him winning and retaining the ball, and you've still got the central space clear for Ayew or Celina to attack. We almost scored from just such a thing against Cardiff on the counter.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Borja on 11:05 - Nov 3 with 1340 viewsNeath_Jack

Horses for courses innit.

Both Surridge and Baston have their strengths and weaknesses, and both will play their part.

Neither is "better" than the other really, Baston has scored more, but he's obviously had more game time.

Amazing how one player can go from being the man that is going to fire us to promotion to being a carthorse in a couple of weeks.

Fans eh?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja on 11:18 - Nov 3 with 1320 viewsNotLoyal

The suspicious in me would say January is close, and a deal is done. Here's a bit of wedge greedy yanks, keep him involved and in shape and you get the rest on Jan 1st.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Borja on 12:01 - Nov 3 with 1257 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If Ayew has a groin strain who will Cooper pick Surridge or Baston?
Borja on 12:05 - Nov 3 with 1252 viewsNeath_Jack

Borja on 12:01 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

If Ayew has a groin strain who will Cooper pick Surridge or Baston?

Do you think anyone knows the answer?

You'll get the Baston fans saying him, and the Surridge fans saying him.

Both can and are doing a job, so a massive positive for the manager.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Borja on 12:14 - Nov 3 with 1236 viewsJackSomething

Borja on 11:05 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

Both Surridge and Baston have their strengths and weaknesses, and both will play their part.

Neither is "better" than the other really, Baston has scored more, but he's obviously had more game time.

Amazing how one player can go from being the man that is going to fire us to promotion to being a carthorse in a couple of weeks.

Fans eh?

Almost as massive a swing as opinions on Cooper. I imagine if we beat Sheffield Wednesday, he'll be back to being the second coming for those who were questioning his future before the Cardiff game.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Borja on 12:34 - Nov 3 with 1202 viewstheloneranger

Shocking.

So with his all round heading ability ... Surridge will never be called a "Fifty Pence Head" 😂😂
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 12:35]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Borja on 13:06 - Nov 3 with 1166 viewsBadlands

Howe annoyed Surridge isn't getting game time and will recall in January if things don't change as happened in Oldham. Not picked until mid-autumn then played a few games before being dropped and back to Bournemouth.
Also Boja was on a lean spell -- nothing to do without playing wingers!!

I know there was talk amongst Watford fans for Wilmot to be recalled but his chance has come so he is getting games and will probably continue to do so.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Borja on 13:42 - Nov 3 with 1125 viewsFireboy2

Borja on 13:06 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Howe annoyed Surridge isn't getting game time and will recall in January if things don't change as happened in Oldham. Not picked until mid-autumn then played a few games before being dropped and back to Bournemouth.

I know there was talk amongst Watford fans for Wilmot to be recalled but his chance has come so he is getting games and will probably continue to do so.

Dont really remember and cant be bothered to look but arent they both season long loans?

If not then our recruitment team has fvcked up.
Borja on 14:09 - Nov 3 with 1101 views34dfgdf54

Fans eh?

Surridge suits the way we play a lot more than Borja for me. More mobile, gives us an option in behind and does chip in with the odd goal while bringing midfielders and wingers into the game better than Borja can.

I like Borja. Good finisher, just wrong place at wrong time for him.
Borja on 14:12 - Nov 3 with 1098 views34dfgdf54

Borja on 13:06 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Who said Howe is p*ssed off? Whose said Watford are p*ssed off?

Although I take your point about Borja lean spell being while Cooper was refusing to play wingers. Couldn’t have been easy for anyone up there in fairness.
Borja on 14:12 - Nov 3 with 1098 viewsMrSwerve

Borja on 13:42 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Dont really remember and cant be bothered to look but arent they both season long loans?

If not then our recruitment team has fvcked up.

Probably still have recall clauses unfortunately.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Borja on 14:23 - Nov 3 with 1090 viewsthornabyswan

Borja on 09:03 - Nov 3 by swancity

He's not very good. And a reminder that those running our Club completely lost the plot. Ditto Sam Clucas.

Was joint top scorer in the league and was dropped.

Should be playing up top celina behind the striker and Ayew in central midfield.

Something has happened with Baston behind the scenes was playing well.

Now not even coming off the bench.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Borja on 19:01 - Nov 3 with 975 viewsgrabsplatter

Borja definitely has had a dip in form but I'm sure we'll see him back in the team soon.
Surridge is young & is still learning how to deal with physical centre halfs. He's done well as a late sub in the last couple of games when playing from wide but against Barnsley he was completely ineffective & spent half the game on his @rse.
Borja on 21:43 - Nov 3 with 892 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja on 09:03 - Nov 3 by swancity

He's not very good. And a reminder that those running our Club completely lost the plot. Ditto Sam Clucas.

Ridiculous post. He was the leagues leading scorer not so long back. If we could cross the ball with regular quality he’d be into double figures now. His trouble is our slow and predictable midfield

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja on 22:28 - Nov 3 with 834 viewsjack247

We’re playing Ayew in a similar role to that Routledge played at the end of last season. We’re playing Dyer and Routledge as interchangeable wingers. The two games that we have played this way, Surridge has come on for one of the wide players and Ayew has stayed up top. He’s better in that role than I imagine Borja would be.

If Cooper wanted to take Ayew off, or one of the wingers and put Ayew out wide, he may well prefer Borja to Surridge from the bench.
Borja on 22:39 - Nov 3 with 813 viewsGaryjack

Fans eh?

Ayew, Borja and Surridge are shit up front, but will all fire us to promotion when they score. That's the way we roll on here, and i'm sure you would have understood that by now. Same goes for Dyer Routledge etc all great/crap.
Borja on 06:25 - Nov 4 with 687 viewsNotLoyal

Borja on 22:39 - Nov 3 by Garyjack

Ayew, Borja and Surridge are shit up front, but will all fire us to promotion when they score. That's the way we roll on here, and i'm sure you would have understood that by now. Same goes for Dyer Routledge etc all great/crap.

Nathan set such a high standard 6 years back, that's his main problem.
His other is his desire to do well is being out pointed by slow decision making.
Best winger we have ever had in my time.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024