Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. 18:38 - Nov 3 with 2366 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A Son tackle that didn't look anything bad leads to a broken leg (ankle?) for Gomes.
Son Red carded.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:14 - Nov 3 with 2272 viewsdickythorpe

Aurier' s challenge can't have helped either! Occupational hazard unfortunately.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:24 - Nov 3 with 2246 viewsladyjack

If the ref/VAR had sent Gomes off previously for a possible swinging arm on the same player just before the bad injury then the bad injury would not have happened [not saying it was a sending off as I have only seen it once] but that is one point.

The sending off probably should not have been a sending off using past incidents as precedence, but Carragher who thought it was no sending off made a very good point and that is that perhaps trips and little fouls where the player knows he cant win the ball all become sending offs in the future, interesting point I must say.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:29 - Nov 3 with 2235 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:24 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

If the ref/VAR had sent Gomes off previously for a possible swinging arm on the same player just before the bad injury then the bad injury would not have happened [not saying it was a sending off as I have only seen it once] but that is one point.

The sending off probably should not have been a sending off using past incidents as precedence, but Carragher who thought it was no sending off made a very good point and that is that perhaps trips and little fouls where the player knows he cant win the ball all become sending offs in the future, interesting point I must say.

If they introduced that, most teams would be down to about 5 players by half time.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:31 - Nov 3 with 2226 viewsladyjack

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:29 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

If they introduced that, most teams would be down to about 5 players by half time.

That's fine if they want to make the game safer, teams will soon learn not to do it.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:39 - Nov 3 with 2193 viewsploppy

I haven't seen this incident but I've thought for a long time that a deliberate trip of a player when there's no attempt to play the ball (a professional trip, if you will) should be a red.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:44 - Nov 3 with 2177 views34dfgdf54

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:24 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

F*ck sake I give up. What a bunch of Jessie’s
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:58 - Nov 3 with 2127 viewsbluey_the_blue

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:31 - Nov 3 by ladyjack

That's fine if they want to make the game safer, teams will soon learn not to do it.

Might want to watch it again.

Injury caused by Aurier doing Gomes, not the challenge by Son.

[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 20:00]
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:58 - Nov 3 with 2126 viewsladyjack

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 19:44 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck sake I give up. What a bunch of Jessie’s

Its a game for Jessies anyway Risca, the game died when tackling was more or less ruled out.
Login to get fewer ads

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 2031 viewsJack123

Fcking joke of a card too be fair, the ref must have shi* for brains, surely the clue is when the Everton players are consoling Son.. Na it's ok off.

libera nos a malo

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 20:48 - Nov 3 with 2016 viewsFireboy2

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 20:42 - Nov 3 by Jack123

Fcking joke of a card too be fair, the ref must have shi* for brains, surely the clue is when the Everton players are consoling Son.. Na it's ok off.

Now surely the thick cvnt should have used a bit of common sense.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 09:21 - Nov 4 with 1754 viewsswan_si

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 20:48 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Now surely the thick cvnt should have used a bit of common sense.

The ref initially gave a yellow, VAR upgraded it to red.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 09:37 - Nov 4 with 1727 viewshobo

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 09:21 - Nov 4 by swan_si

Another thing that VAR has got wrong then
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 11:05 - Nov 4 with 1648 viewsswan_si

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 09:37 - Nov 4 by hobo

Another thing that VAR has got wrong then

Absolutely
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 08:08 - Nov 5 with 1368 viewsdameedna

A deliberate trip in a non clear cut scoring situation should be a yellow and ten minutes in the sin bin.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 08:10 - Nov 5 with 1365 viewsladyjack

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 08:08 - Nov 5 by dameedna

A deliberate trip in a non clear cut scoring situation should be a yellow and ten minutes in the sin bin.

Like that suggestion.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 10:05 - Nov 5 with 1326 viewsswan65split

Wasnt Fer or someone sent off for doing something similar,?
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 10:23 - Nov 5 with 1313 viewstheloneranger

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 09:21 - Nov 4 by swan_si

The Premier League said this in a statement ...

"The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player, which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge. It was not sent to VAR to have a look."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 16:56 - Nov 5 with 1216 viewsswan_si

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 10:23 - Nov 5 by theloneranger

The Premier League said this in a statement ...

"The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player, which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge. It was not sent to VAR to have a look."

Pochettino says in the post match interview

"In that situation we need to help because the decision of the referee was a yellow card but the VAR changed the decision. It is the latest example of it being not clear."

Just saying like.
Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 17:29 - Nov 5 with 1189 viewsbuilthjack

The red card has been overturned

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 18:21 - Nov 5 with 1169 viewstheloneranger

Bad injury for Everton's Gomes. on 16:56 - Nov 5 by swan_si

Pochettino says in the post match interview

"In that situation we need to help because the decision of the referee was a yellow card but the VAR changed the decision. It is the latest example of it being not clear."

Just saying like.

"Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino said the forward had no intention of injuring Gomes and believed the video assistant referee system should have been used to overturn the sending off."

Just saying like 👍

Glad it's been overturned!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024